Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bible Code III

earjockey

Partial truth is the same as a lie, self delusion or lazy scholarship. Yes the plain truths should be where we start but not where we finish.

Proverbs 25:2 (New King James Version)

Further Wise Sayings of Solomon

These also are proverbs of Solomon which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied:

2It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,

But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.

The very purpose of the New Testament was to decipher the mysteries of the Old Testament.

God has already made the case in his testimony through the scriptures....

In this age, God speaks to us through His Son, Jesus Christ (Heb. 1:1-2). Christ spoke the words and commandments given to Him from the Father (John 12:49-50). We are to hear Jesus, not Moses or Elijah (Mark 9:2-8). Christ is the mediator of the New Testament (Heb. 9:15-17). Christ is that great prophet who was to come (Deut. 18:15,19; Acts 3:22-23). The name of Jesus is the only name by which we can be saved (Acts 4:12). We cannot reject His word and be guiltless (John 12:48). God, therefore, makes known His will to us today through His Son.

Its not only Jesus points to OT scripture repeatedly but other as well ...

"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me.[ through prophecy Old Test prophecies ] You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. You diligently study the Scriptures[ Old Test ] because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures[ Old Testament prophecies ] that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. [John 5: 36-40 ]

NOTE again there is no code here anywhere......Now listen to Paul.

For what I [ Paul ] received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the [ Old Testament ] Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the [ Old Testament ] Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve..[ 1 Cor 15:3-6 ]

But I ( Paul ) have had God's help to this very day, and so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen-- that the Christ would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would proclaim light to his own people and to the Gentiles." [ Acts 26:22-23 ]

As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the [ Old Testament ] Scriptures, explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead. "This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Christ, " he said [ Acts 17:2-3 ]

Paul clearly and simply pointed the listeners backwards in time to prophecy foretold, Pauls tools were sound REASON from the OLD TESTAMENT which both EXPLAINED and PROVED Jesus is the Christ. The very same method Jesus himself used. ..............

sound reason and logic using the Old Testament alone points one directly to Jesus..........

Biblical faith is attained only after an examination of the evidence, coupled with correct reasoning about the evidence.

The Messiah fulfilled to the letter all the Old Testament prophecies concerning His First Advent by Gods design Popular or public opinion or majority vote or concept was not to be the basis of the Messiah to be identified, it was and is the prophetic finger print of scripture. God promised a Savior in the O.T. and He fulfilled His Word.....

The fact that some may not grasp this fact is NOT new but foretold..

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.[ 2 Peter2:1-3]

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.[2 Tim 4:24 ] ....

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing 1 Cor 1:18...The reason they perish the ignored Gods warnings...A simple failure to investigate.... ....( Its not that the facts were not present its that the facts were rejected....)

This type of person is his own worst enemy.. He goes to hell because HE desires it....Its NOT Gods will ... —[ 1 Tim 2:3-]...... who wants all men to be saved

Its your personal choice ................ 2Th 2:10 and with all deceit of unrighteousness for them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. ....( Its not that the facts were not present its that the facts were rejected....)

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done [ 2 Peter:12-13 ]

Maybe Jesus says its best of all........"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."[ John 18: 37 ]..

The fool does not want to find the truth;...'A fool hath no delight in understanding, but only that his heart may reveal itself' (Prov. 18:2).........Why be the fool? Why not investigate for the facts?........ Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out.

Seem like good advice to me.

Choose well. Got questions go to my site thanks

www.soldier4jesus.com

Not sure what you are saying about the Torah containing within it deeper levels of information. Nothing revealed, however it is contained, is to be understood in contraction to the clearly understood truth revealed, on this I think we agree. So I really am missing your point. One thing I can say is your understanding of the new testament apart from a good foundation in the old is a flawed strategy for understanding much of the prophetic scripture. The vast majority of what the bible actually addresses within its pages. Your understanding of the milk of the gospel will help you little with the meat required to lead others in a practical and beneficial way regarding the times we live. I am boggled that you can write so much and never call on the "first testament- TaNaKh" for support of whatever you are trying to say.

• Upvote 2

The very purpose of the New Testament was to decipher the mysteries of the Old Testament.

The saying goes "In the old testament the new testament is concealed and in the new testament the old testament revealed". The building blocks of everything in the new and better testament (speaking of the revealed truth of Yeshua not the writings) came from the first testament except for a couple of new commandments clearly identified by Yeshua and recorded in the gospel writings. The apostles and the first disciples developed their arguments and theologies from the first testament as taught by the Messiah and revealed by the Holy Spirit. Contained in the first testament is the full knowledge of the creator who is the only one who has declared the end from the beginning. The new testament writings were not meant to replace the first testament but to fulfill. The first testament was incarnated, came to dwell among men and revealed in the death of the Messiah is the stone that the builders have rejected the new testament writings are at best the mortar that tells us how the building blocks are to be fitted together. To say there is not knowledge, understanding or wisdom within the first testament that does not require more little effort to uncover, especially in the end times, is to be woefully naive of what is said regarding the revelations promised in the last days and forgetful of the promises to those who ask for wisdom, those who seek truth, and those who knock for understanding.

• Upvote 2

Before Drosnin's book...before Ripps's code-breaking software...Sir Isaac Newton had discovered a curious code locked away in the Torah. By skipping every 51st word throughout the Torah (in Hebrew) it repeatedly spelled out TORAH. The second half of his life, Newton about drove himself crazy trying to break what he knew was an encoded Bible. Without a computer it was impossible...even for the genius that was Newton. The Bible does speak of a book that is locked away until the end times....the end of days. Perhaps this is it. Fascinating stuff, nevertheless. BTW, Ripps did conduct scientific control groups using other books...they did not come close to equalling the Bible Codes.

• Upvote 1

The biblical God has never spoken in code.......

In an effort to accomplish the revelation of Him self and his plans for mankind God choose to speak through human agents. These people were hand picked for his purposes and reasons for the task of fulfilling His plans and commonly called the prophets. Examples from a few scriptures clearly show this truth.

"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things ( past prophecies) have taken place, and new things I declare; ( future predictions ) before they spring into being I announce them to you."[ Isa 42:8,9 ]

This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself, who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who overthrows the learning of the wise and turns it into nonsense, who carries out the words of his servants and fulfills the predictions of his messengers, (the prophets) (Isa 44:24-26)....

Jesus just didn't show up He was sent with a very direct purpose .

. Jesus appeals to the Scriptures as validity and proof...

He [ Jesus ] said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, [ Old Test prophecies ] he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures [ Old Test prophecies ] concerning himself. [ Luke 24:25-27 ]

And the Father who sent me ( Jesus ) has himself testified concerning me.[ through prophecy Old Test prophecies ] ....These are the Scriptures[ Old Testament prophecies ] that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. [John 5: 36-40 ]

Jesus knew his life and death was subject of prophecy NOT some hidden biblical code...

Jesus warns of his own death.....Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be handed over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him, spit on him, flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again."( Luke 18:31-33 )

.....Luk 24:44 -46 And He ( Jesus ) said to them, These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and in the Prophets and in the Psalms about Me. And He opened their mind to understand the Scriptures.( Not some hidden code ) And He said to them, So it is written, and so it behoved Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

Gods warning to mankind have come via the prophetic word NOT some Code...

Remember the former things, those of long ago;[ past prophecies ] I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.[ through predictive prophecy ] I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.[ Isa 46:9-11]

God's Testimony about Jesus comes through prophecy...” Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a ( The unbeliever a ) liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son [ throught Prophecy ]”.[ 1 John 5:9-10 ]

.......The end result or the prophetic conclusion of the first advent of Christ was Jesus being risen from the dead .God by raisng Jesus fulfills and confirms the OT prophets words and validates Jesus claims and actions

. In Acts 17:31, Paul told the Athenians, "'For he [ God ] has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man ( Jesus ) he has appointed. HE HAS GIVEN PROOF OF THIS TO ALL MEN BY RAISING HIM ( JESUS ) FROM THE DEAD.

That means Mankind as a whole is without excuse... you ( personally are without excuse...)........Because God authenticated and proved Him to be His own divine Son by the resurrection (cf. Acts 2:22-36; 4:8-12; 17:30-31; Rom. 1:4).

NO one will call God a liar in his court and get away with it NO one...

Stay biblical stay safe.

www.soldier4jesus.com

Amen to that, absolutely correct. God Bless!

Christ SIMPLIFIED the commandments into just two. The heart of those two was love. To me, this equates to love and simplicity as the core of His teachings and, without meaning any offense, you are complicating the heck of His Word. His kingdom is of, and for all who seek it. Not just the intellects or psuedo intellects. You make it sound like you have to have some kind of PHD to truly know what the Bible teaches. If a simple uneducated shepard boy can't figure it out, then it's not from Him. K.I.S.S.=keep it simple stupid.

In one of your posts you alluded to casting your pearls..... You didn't finish it but the point was still there. These folks you were alluding to are people of the faith. The very people that Christ came for and you alluded to them as........

Listen for th "POP" mi amigo. B)

Edited by JugDawg1
  • Downvote 1

Amen to that, absolutely correct. God Bless!

Eileen:

Please do not be lead by your emotions or "lightjds2"'s zeal. He quotes numerous scripture as though they support his contention that "The biblical God has never spoken in code.......". As Einstien replied to his detractors when it was pointed out that 100 experts disagreed with him: If wrong it should only have required 1. I say the same to "lightjds2" endless listing of proof-text in support of his hugely flawed premise.

Firstly, yes the gospel is a simple message to understand, but not all of the scripture and things contained within scripture are easy, as I have cited proof-text "in context" in my previous posts. I have led many people to Yeshua/Jesus because of the simple message of the gospel, including my entire immediate family and most of my extended family. My wife and I once led so many persons, in one week to Yeshua/Jesus, we had to rent a bus to take them to their first post salvation church service and rented a room at a local resort to give them two days of good biblical education grounding them in their new faith. I am very orthodox, very literal and very glad to be reconciled to G-D through His Son. So the proof of my heart is known and believed by those who personally know me best. In my experience those who like to talk about the simplicity of the gospel have never actually led someone else to a saving knowledge of the lord. Why? Because those being led have real questions that are often very difficult to answer and require the power of truth that is only available to a prepared mind submitted to the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, too often, very rare partners.

So let us look at the assertion that "G-D never speaks in code". Let's start with the definition of "code":

Webster Dictionary - (Latin > codex) 1. A comprehensive and systematically arranged collection of laws. 2. A systematic collection of regulations and rules of conduct or procedure <a code of ethics> 3. a. A system of signals used to represent letters or numbers in sending messages. b. A system of symbols, letters or words given certain arbitrary meanings, used for sending messages requiring secrecy or brevity.

If one knows anything about the bible they know that we could attach the entire "codex of scripture", all its stories, historical accounts, parables, mysteries, dreams, visions, prophecies, rules, regulations, ordinances, and hermeneutic practices of 1st century believers as a reply to the silly assertions to the contrary. As the proof of the absurdity of the statements made by "lightjds2" I simply tell him again to look at the entirety of G-D's revelation. His one point not directly attached to his premise about Jesus not "just showing up", but being on a mission my reply has to be "duh".

The bible code was created by a G-D much bigger than the G-D apparently believed in by some. Never the less G-D has created everything including time and space and He is able to see future events and decisions in creation's rear-view mirror while yet providing each and every human being the free will to live out their appointed days, yet inside His sovereignty. These truths are difficulty to understand but still true. This apologetic does not even begin to touch the surface of the ridiculous assertions made by my attackers that there be no possibility of a code lying deeper within the codex of the scripture.

To attack me regarding a simple observation was unnecessary. A private message would have been a biblical appropriate way for one brother to question or refute another. However, when my faith is questioned publicly I am commanded to have an answer for the faith I hold and not to let truth be misrepresent by detractors with my silence.

Daniel 12:4

“But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

Daniel 12:3-5 (in Context) Daniel 12 (Whole Chapter)

• Upvote 1