Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is there an Animal Vet online??Please Help no joke

carlablum

so sorry to hear this. we went through the same thing new years morning 2010. i was on my way to work when my wife called me. luckily it was contained to our garage and my wife smelled it before it got to the house. when she opened the garage door it was engulfed, then the smoke detector went off in the house. my son's guinea pig was in the garage and he perished. but no other life was lost. i know what you are going through and our prayers are with you. having a fire in any part of the house is scary.

Okay, here is what the online vet had to say:

If he is breathing Ok now, he should be fine through the night. Things that may cause him problems in the future (next few days) can be developing a pneumonia form the smoke particles that were inhaled. This would need to be treated preventively with antibiotics from your vet. Another possible complication would be damage to the lungs from the hot air he breathed in during the fire. Again there are pain medicines he can be given by your vet to relieve his discomfort. It is actually good that he coughs tonight to help physically remove smoke particles from his lungs. He will be tired and uncomfortable but he should be fine for tonight, just be sure to have him examined by a vet tomorrow. I hope this has helped. If it has would you please click the accept button so I may receive credit for my answer. Thank you and good luck.

Me: Is there anything she can do tonight for her dog to keep him comfortable or safe or ...?

Steve O. says:Just try to check on him periodically or let him sleep near her so she can hear if he has trouble breathing. This close to the smoke exposure, I would rather not have him on any medicines that may further stress his lungs. Once he is ober the shock of this noght, the medicines a vet can give him will help.

I hope this helps Carla. Big hug to you, your family and Ace.

• Upvote 2

I am so very sorry to hear of your losses and will be sending love and prayers your way continually. I'm glad you and your children are safe, and that you were able to save this pet. God is with you. He will help you and your children though this. I know this has been very traumatic for you and your children and I wish I could do more to comfort. I have children as well, and as a teacher I have access to other resources for children. I know you are immediately asking for help for this pet in crisis, but as I am not able to offer much help there, I just want to help any way I can. If there is anything I can do in the future to help you and/or your children, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. I hope your little pet can feel all the love from your DV family being sent your way. There have been a lot of helpful postings already. Please keep us posted. May God bless you and send you whatever you need immediately.

I have read each and everyone of your posts and I just can't thank you enough or tell you how much you mean to me. Unfortunatly the house wasn't mine. My best freind is in Russia and her daughter, Timberly is my daughters best friend and my sons. Timberly calls me mom , stays at the house allot of the time and calls me when she needs anything.

Well tonight Timberly called and asked if we could tow her friend, Sakia's car to our house becouse it broke down. we went and towed it and then she took off in Timberlies car and headed to My best friend house CarrieJoe, who is in Russia, to stay the night. In rout to the house they stopped at the store and there car wouldn't start. they called again laughing and said OMG we need someone to pick us up becouse now timbers car wont start. Well, I was going to go but my Son and Nephew said they would drive them to the house. When the boys and girls got to the house it was smoking, within minutes it was fully engolfed and then burned to the ground. My son called me just after calling 911 and I was there within minutes. My son, nephew, daughter, timber, sakia and ace stood there and watched the house burn. After talking to the police I gathered all the kids and ace and we are all here at my house. I just don't know how to tell CarieJoe, my best friend, who won't be back from Russia until the 5th that boe and bob are dead and her house is burned to the ground. I am worried about ace, timber and Sakai are doing ok they are the world to me and it has been hard for CarieJoe and timber becouse Cariejoe Just went through a divorce.

Sorry about my random posts, I have been kind of at a pannic and real sad trying to help the kids deal with all of this but thank God we are all so very close.

I figured someone on DV would know about animals and now that I think of it I could have googled but I wasn't thinking. I sat at my desk and called some vets and all I got was answering machines. I then started typing thank god I did becouse you all helped more than you think.

Thank you for the help with Ace, I will be taking him to the vet tomorrow and will be sleeping with him tonight. Timberlie and Sakia will be with me and tomorrow I will have to get them clothes and well everything I can becouse everything they had is gone. My som and jason are very shook up but have showered the smoke off there bodies.

Boe and Bob were Golden Labs, they were the neatest dogs ever and they would come and play with Shadow and Nallie all the time. I am a huge Dog lover and I have to say this is hard. Becouse of my son, pulling the two dogs who were already dead, out of the burning house, we will be able to bury them tomorow in my back yard. I know CarrieJoe will want that. Timber and I decided to tell CarrieJoe the day before she heads home becouse we don't want her all the way in Russia to be upset when there is nothing she can do right now.

Sorry about rambling on it's been an terrible night!

Thank you again and thursday , please be very thankful for everything in your lives.

God Bless you!

carla

Edited by carlablum
  • Upvote 3

Hi Carla...it's 12:15 on Tuesday night.(actually Wednesday now) and just saw this...Is there any way I can help at all...I'm so sorry. My cousin in Bellevue is a Vet but I'm sure you have help now. I will pray for you. Do let me know if I can help you though as you know I will. RB...POURIT.

• Upvote 2

Very hard time at the moment. Ace the surving dog coughs about every five minutes, the vets on this side of the mountan just have an answering machine. Ace is tired and is breathing fine but was wondering what to look for throughout the night. Will he be ok? My son......... Bless hi heart.... he broke the door open and got on his knees and ace ran out the door but Ryan my son carried Boe and Bob the other 2 dead dogs out of the burning house, son, Timberly and sakia are all well and I will let you know what has happened in a bit. Very sad and need to keep by the kids and Ace.

Thank you

Carla

Carla,

I am so sorry you are going through what your going through. If you are still awake, it sounds like you are doing good with the dog and the kids. Just being there for them is the best for all of you right now I am sure. You may want to check Ace's gums every half hour to an hour, hopefully he does not have a natural black color like some dogs do. If Ace has regular fleshy color gums, just check they still have that pink color to them, like a healthy color. If the dog keeps coughing (if this was in fact a fire) there may be some irritation from smoke, but its going to be hard to tell how much smoke was inhaled until a vet see's him. Hopefully soon, Ace will want water, or maybe even food, thats going to be a great sign. You always know if a dog goes a day without wanting food or water even when its available to them, that something is wrong. I am not a vet, but used to own a Grooming shop for years, we had to have a certain level of knowledge to watch for in the animal, just because of stress alone being at the groomer, and also have warm heat on them. If you need anything, you can email me at magicalfairywings@gmail.com, it will go straight to my phone and I will get an alert. I hope this helps some. Hang in there hunny!!

Thank-you for the update. Your son did a very courageous and unselfish thing. What a difficult thing that would be for any adult, let alone a young man. As traumatic as the night's events were, knowing that the dogs bodies were recovered (and didn't suffer or perish further in the fire) and given a proper burial will hopefully be of some comfort to your friend. (and to all the other dog lovers out there feeling your pain) I hope you and your children and the little pooch next to you all get the rest and comfort you need tonight. Best wishes for the tasks ahead of you and the children tomorrow and in the coming days. Take care.

Well,

I think I'm calmed down a bit now. Timber is curled up and sleeping, Ace is laying on my bed and Sakia, Jason, Alycia, Ryan, Chad and Roberto are still in the front room talking about the fire. I wasn't going to call my friend yet but I did. She is not handeling it to well, poor thing she is so far away and can't be back until the 5th but she has comfort knowing Timber is with me and doing fine. It is crazy becouse I already have 4 teenagers that live with me and my home is a 4 bedroom. It will be very cozy with seven of us, ace, my great dane, black lab and dachsund.. But thank God, all of these preciouse children are safe. I can't sleep becouse I am thinking of everything I have to do tomorrow. I can not began to tell you all how great it is to have friends or do I say family like all of you and I want to thank everyone for understanding me and helping me with my concern for ace.

I pray this thing will RV becouse I know someone who needs a home and thats the first thing I am going to do..

God Bless You!!!

Carla

• Upvote 4

HANG IN THE MY DEAR.........................

TRY AND GET SOME REST...................

I'M AM GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING AS WELL AS CAN BE EXPECTED...................

I WILL KEEP YOU ALL IN MY PRAYERS.........................

BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..........................MAY ALL OF YOUR ANGELS SURROUND YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD........................

SLEEP WELL KNOW THAT THE GOOD LORD HAS YOU IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND, AND YOUR ANGELS ARE STANDING WATCH OVER YOU.

IN JESUS NAME I PRAY.....................AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN!

DRAVMORRIS2

• Upvote 1

Ohh Carla, I'm just getting up and reading about your tragedy. My heart goes out to you this morning. What a good friend you are indeed! I know how difficult it will be, but try to stay focused on the positive. This community of "strangers" never ceases to amaze me on the level of love and support that is palpably thru this medium. I am humbled at the opportunity to know you through your meaningful posts. Please know we will all be praying for a positive outcome for Timber. Also prayers for your friend and her children. And you dear, please be sure to take care of yourself.

Peace, blessings and love,

pvS/Jen

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you so much, I had to share with you a photo of Ace the mirracle dog. He was sleeping until I took his picture. He seems to be doing fine but still coughs once in a while. Can you believe all the kids are asleep and here it is 3:45 and I am wide awake. I think Ace was able to make it becouse he is so small and short. I am just sick to my stomach over Bob and Boe. But most of all the kids are all safe and sleeping.

My Lord,

What an evening and thank you again,

Carla

Thank you so much, I had to share with you a photo of Ace the mirracle dog. He was sleeping until I took his picture. He seems to be doing fine but still coughs once in a while. Can you believe all the kids are asleep and here it is 3:45 and I am wide awake. I think Ace was able to make it becouse he is so small and short. I am just sick to my stomach over Bob and Boe. But most of all the kids are all safe and sleeping.

My Lord,

What an evening and thank you again,

Carla

sorry the pic won't load on here

Amen thanks to God for the kids not being harmed,thanks be to God for the surviving dog and may he remain healthy.Thanks be to you Carla for your friend,whose kids you were able to take in,i pray for you in the coming days when your friend arrives i pray for the mercy and comfort of the Lord for your friend and her family.My God bless them and bless you and yours.

Carla!!!

All that stress!!! All those million choices you were making!!! There's a lot of Love in you and your filled to the brim home!!

Poor Boe and Bob. At least they are not alone and are together.

Just to say also... VERY BRAVE SON!!

The kids are safe. And they are in a warm house with caring friends!

A lot of huuuuge numbing pain now. But at least Ace is healing.

Your poor friend, and I'm glad you called her right away. For her to be a part of the decisions and each detail now. That will give her some peace knowing what's going on back in your house. You are the mom and caregiver now.

WHAT A SHOCK!! TOO SUDDEN OF SUCH A HARD LOSS!!

You are a hero, Carla. Please pet Ace 100 times for me. Poor puppy!

Take care.

Carla, I'm so sorry for the lose of your friends home, and her two dogs. I just wish I had seen this last night when you posted it. I have a daughter, who is home right now, and she is a PRE-VET student! Had I known, I could have had her get online, or even on the phone, and talked to you. She has already interned for the last two summers with a local vet. And she has experience with animals. I'm sure she could have given you helpful information.

It sounds Ace is doing better now, and you just need to get him to a vet as soon as possible, just to be checked out and make sure there isn't anything serious wrong.

GOD BLESS you and the children. You're in my prayers.

• Upvote 1