Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

TSA: Some Gov't Officials To Skip Airport Security.

mrparrot

Can someone tell me, please, when are we going to

be finished tossing these self-important wankers out

on their backsides?

By EILEEN SULLIVAN, Associated Press Eileen Sullivan, Associated Press – 52 mins ago WASHINGTON – Cabinet secretaries, top congressional leaders and an exclusive group of senior U.S. officials are exempt from toughened new airport screening procedures when they fly commercially with government-approved federal security details.

Aviation security officials would not name those who can skip the controversial screening, but other officials said those VIPs range from top officials like Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and FBI Director Robert Mueller to congressional leaders like incoming House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, who avoided security before a recent flight from Washington's Reagan National Airport.

The rest of the story.

on their backsides?

By EILEEN SULLIVAN, Associated Press Eileen Sullivan, Associated Press – 52 mins ago WASHINGTON – Cabinet secretaries, top congressional leaders and an exclusive group of senior U.S. officials are exempt from toughened new airport screening procedures when they fly commercially with government-approved federal security details.

Aviation security officials would not name those who can skip the controversial screening, but other officials said those VIPs range from top officials like Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and FBI Director Robert Mueller to congressional leaders like incoming House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, who avoided security before a recent flight from Washington's Reagan National Airport.

The rest of the story.

on their backsides?

GUYS I HAD A TOP SECRET CLEARENCE WHILE IN THE AIR FORCE AND WORK ON U2'S AND EVEN HAD ONE TIME TO REPAIR A INSTRUMENT ON AIR FORCE ONE AND YET I AND MANY OTHERS LIKE MYSELF THAT SERVED OUR COUNTRY AND MANY STILL SERVING WITH SECURITY CLEARENCES HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS CRAP EVERY TIME WE FLY AND THESE PEOPLE SEARCHING US HAVE HAD A CREDIT CHECK. IT IS REDICULAS AND ONE MORE GROUP THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ARTIFICIAL LIMBS OR JOINTS SHOULD BE EXEMPT IT THEY WOULD SUBMIT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK. IN MY CASE I WOULD EVEN PAY FOR IT IF IT WOULD RELEAVE ME FROM HAVING TO BE SEARCHED EVERY TIME I FLY. IT WOULD SAVE US MILLION IF WE HAD SOME LEADERSHIP TRYING TO SAVE SOME TAX DOLLARS WHILE KEEPING US SAFE. Rev Dan

The rest of the story.

on their backsides?

The rest of the story.

As an Aussie, I would have thought this this would be in clear breach of your Constitution ?????

Did I not once read that no law shall be implemented that excludes the Government from that being required of the people ???

In fact your Health Care Bill does the same thing does it not, in that, as I understand it, Congress is exempt from compulsory involvement ???

If I am right what are your legal people doing over there ??????

PS - Don't want to be nosey, but it does seem that the big "O" is making very light of your way of life .....

So what they're saying it's okay for the common American citizen to endure the BS of screenings, pat downs, random searches, etc. but a select few are exempt because of the positions they hold? When did it become okay for leaders to not do as their subordinates? Everyone should get checked PERIOD! I don't care if you are a congerssman or woman, don't care if you are a big shot bussiness executive either. The men and women who gave you the right to act so damned high and mighty have to go through screening every time they fly, why can't you? I grant you the madness that is shoveled out on Capitol Hill may be explosive, it may even be poisonous to everyone else but you, who work in the 'factory' are now innoculated to it. How about we just make a congressional shuttle and let all the politicians fly on specially ordered planes that have jacuzzis, pool tables, spas, and saunas built into them. Way to go political leadership!!!