Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Possum Thanksgiving

possum

Sig Sauer P226 9mm, which happened to be the same duty carry pistol I retired with from NYPD. It was nice to not have to spend too much time training with a new shoot, the only difference is that the old NYPD version is a DAO with a 12 lb trigger, and this one is a double/single with around a 7 lb trigger.

Well my guess was way off. I love my Ruger P89 9mm. But the place I go to renew my CCW said "you have to get something bigger boy" So I bought a Lama 45. To many safes on this gun to make it CCW. I then bought a GLOCK 20C 10mm. Great weapon. Even Uncle Ted loves them. Ammo is high dollar though. Just have to get some 40 dies and reload my own. Thanks.

Draco

I have a pointy stick. Very pointy.

Well, you know what they say, walk tall and carry a big stick. Or, in your case, one that is pointy. Works good for small rodents, and possum!

Draco

Well my guess was way off.

Not really, bro, most dept's are making their way/have made their way to the .40 S+W round. I was looking forward to moving onto a heavier round after leaving the big city, but this new dept is also still stuck in "9mm" land. Crap round, unless you get +p+ ammo, just gotta make sure the frame can handle it.

Not really, bro, most dept's are making their way/have made their way to the .40 S+W round. I was looking forward to moving onto a heavier round after leaving the big city, but this new dept is also still stuck in "9mm" land. Crap round, unless you get +p+ ammo, just gotta make sure the frame can handle it.

That was the same with 10mm being a mag round. The CIA was the first to pick them up. But after they used them, some of the weapons frames had cracked. I also read that one of their people had their wrist broke while shooting. So they went to the .40. Who knows. I know one thing for sure, it does not kick like my pop's .44 mag. Blackhawk.

...crack? That'll crack the engine block of an old cadillac!! That would be your backup weapon when bear hunting...hehe...wink.gif

That is funny you say that. When I was 12, fishing in Alaska, my Pop made me carry a gun. He wanted me to carry the .44 mag. It scared the hell out of me. So he got me a Ruger Sercurity Six .357 mag. Still have it today. If I knew what I know now, should have went with the .44. Never did see a bear, but I am sure that they did see me.

Draco