Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DD.. A Few Rumors.. 11/23

ShawnW

I will take any grain of hope I can get. Thanks for the post. I read this over at Dinar Daddys site. He is usually saying first Quarter of 2011 but he seems to be a little more upbeat about this rumor. I am hoping and praying he has a good reason to be.

Thanks for posting this Shawn. I'm certainly encouraged!

You know, this release from OFAC’s list a few weeks ago...at the time, I just thought, well, good, that's one more step closer to the RV. Glad this was referenced here. Very important item.

(The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is an agency of the United States Department of the Treasury under the auspices of the Under Secretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. OFAC administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on U.S. foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign states, organizations, and individuals.)

Edited by Inside Track

Here is an update from DD in his chat regarding the OFAC rumor. not much more info but the wording makes sense at least. :)

3) It was shared with me that there was something "different" that happened with the OFAC list, that Iraq's currency was officially taken off the "RESTRICTED" list. I do not know how that's different from before, but apparently there is a difference

Iraq was removed from OFAC a while ago, thus being able to purchase dinars at certain US banks. Banks cannot legally deal in a currency that is sanctioned by OFAC.

they were only released in Sept, but you have been able to purchase at certain banks for years.

Believing that Allawi simply "walked away" from the whole thing is a MAJOR stretch, and definitely not a good thing for Iraq. That would be a major step backwards, further into the dark ages. It WOULD however undoubtedly speed the formation process. unsure.gif

It's a real clash of emotions, my elven friend, excited that things are moving along for us, but sad for Iraqis that stand to lose...

Just passing along....

November 23rd, 2010 04:59 pm · Posted in RUMORS, TIDBITS

DD: TAKE THIS AS RUMOR… I jumped off the phone with Scott for this

DD: 1) Just received word that Parliament PASSED budget at 2AM this morning

DD: 2) Was told Allawi has WALKED AWAY for it all. He is NO LONGER INVOLVED at all, so don’t expect him to get in the way going forward

DD: 3) Was told… and here’s the DOOZIE… Iraq has been taken off the “RESTRICTED LIST” from OFAC…. That’s what we’ve been waiting for, if it’s true.

DD: I don’t know what all this means, but things must be MOVING VERY FAST with Parliament now. Ya just never know…. we could see an RV as early as tomorrow at this rate….

Wasn't Iraq take off the OFAC Restricted List this past September. I remember there were many articles to that effect. Check out on the Iraq Dinar and News Forum here.

Blessings and thank you for your post.

God Bless America.

Office of Foreign Assets Control

Recent OFAC Actions

To view or print the PDF content on this page, download the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®.

09/13/2010

On September 13, 2010, the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") removed the Iraqi Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 575 pdficon.gif, from 31 C.F.R. chapter V, and added the Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations ("ISISR") as new part 576 pdficon.gif to 31 C.F.R. chapter V. The ISISR implement Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007.

http://www.ustreas.g.../20100913.shtml

So it looks like something was removed in September but another set of sanctions were applied at the same time. Does anyone know what the "Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations" actually means???

"A" walking away falls into place as my Navy Contractor friend said back in Nov. He said "A" would more than likely be just an advisor after the GOI is formed. I really hoped to talk to him again before he went back to Iraq. His Mom did stop by and said he called and told her things were getting into place and he would be giving her complete instructions on what to do with their investment very soon. She said he will be talking to her Thanksgiving morning and said he may have a date when he'll be coming home for good. She is a little in the dark about this investment and started to ask me for info since her son has never told her much in the past. She said he is now calling every other morning explaining what she will have to do in the "VERY" near future. Take this as a rumor as it's just word of mouth.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy.

Happy Thanksgiving

Go RV/RI B)