Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do The Math...

Chad Rupple

Drez and Sag

Let me be real clear...you two can go to phuck each other...

Between me, my wife, my brother, sister and parents we have about 4,000,000 dinars. If you don't think I want this to happen at $3 or more, you are phucking stupid!!!

All I did was ask a question about a scenario...sorry I confused you.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Yes you are right you are going to lose $10, but the good news is that I'll help you out and buy all your Dinar for $10. That way when this hits you would really end up with $20 more then if you stuck it out. I know I'm now taking your $10 hit but it's okay, PM me if you are interested.

Now people wonder why the US is falling behind in the world, look our education system produced this guy. What a shame.

That's uncalled for man. :angry: He was just asking some honest questions.

Edited by oh well
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am new and have what I believe top be good questions, but I would have to weed through all the smart a-- people to maybe hope for an answer. It's to bad, because I thought this was a learning experience for everyone. I'm sure everyone on here starting from the beginning at one time and why can't the new people learn from your education?

Go ahead and post your question Petite. No other way to do it if you want some answers. It is true that you will probably have to trudge through some muck and mire but you should be able to pick through it and get some satisfactory responses. Many people do have E.D. (emotional dysentary) but what are ya gonna do? Shine on the simpletons and just jump in. B)

Drez and Sag

Between me, my wife, my brother, sister and parents we have about 4,000,000 dinars. If you don't think I want this to happen at $3 or more, you are phucking stupid!!!

Chad relax, the post were in FUN, not to be taken seriously. get to know the family we have here and you'll see this is true. Hold onto the Investment and you'll all come out WAY AHEAD. And welcome aboard DV. Rick c

Does anyone have a comment regarding Rocketman's explanation I posted above? He quotes the CBI regarding what a LOP is, that it IS revenue neutral-- and unless I'm reading it wrong, that is exactly what Chad said. So why all the hatin? emot-questioned.gif

I'm convinced that even if they DO a LOP though, it will be accompanied by a reasonable RV for the very reasons I stated earlier.

Drez and Sag

You keep asking your questions dude. Laugh at the posts and keep scrolling to find your asnswers. Hopefully, when all this is said and done, we won't be saying phuck me!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Drez and Sag

Perhaps you should read the pinned post called Newbie's under the Questions section. Oh my mistake perhaps you can't read because from the language you are using above it shows your level of education.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Welcome to the family Chad!

Don't worry about the LOP. This was a rumor that was started a few years ago based on some comments that I believe were misunderstood. Iraq plans to remove the 3 zeroes, or the bills with 3 zeroes in them (25,000, 10,000, 5,000, 1,000) from circulation after the RV. They will still be legal tender, but will be sent back to the CBI to be destroyed.

They did NOT mean that post-RV, a 25,000 note is now equal to a 25 note. If that was the case, what's with the 50 note, which is available now? Would it only be worth .05? 5 cents? No, that doesn't make sense. Or would the 50 note just retain its value? No, if that were the case, everyone would be converting their 25,000 notes to 50s, 250s and 500s right now, before the RV.

Don't be confused, removing the "3 zeroes" is exactly that, removing the 3-zero-bills from circulation. That is all, no more, no less.

People seem to forget that our own government did the very same thing. Have any of you ever seen a US 10,000 dollar bill?

Read this article

I especially like the gold 100,000 dollar note...WOW!!!

The point is, if you had in your possession today a 10,000 US dollar bill it would be worth...10,000 dollars. Period. Just because the US removed these bills from circulation does not mean they lose their printed value.

Iraq plans to do the same, post RV.

• Upvote 2

Good point Junitman. Rocketman's post is definitely an accurate assessment of what would happen in case of an outright lop but i feel that the consequences of such an action would be devastating to the financial network that has built Iraq to this point (this includes us, even though we are small fish here). Chad, don't feel bad for asking a good question. I feel exactly the same as you do. My household has a little over 2 million invested in the dinar and we want it to RV more than anything! I know we all want to resolve in our minds that this investment is going to pay off and eliminate those nagging doubts about what's going to happen if they lop. I'm still researching a lot of hard facts and I've discovered that aside from taking a lot of the excess dollars out of circulation the lop would not benefit the Iraqi economy or encourage future investment that the country desperately needs. There is money to be made in this investment, it's just taking longer than a lot of us had hoped for. Sit tight and one day we all might have enough to pay off all our bills and have plenty left over. Cheers!

Edited by marknet73

Is there a reason that a newbie who comes in with very little understanding of this investment and asks for clarification, help, understanding has to be bashed so harshly? the poor guy has a -16 as of my post just because he asks something that many of us believe we know the answer to. I'm sure I am now on my way to some negatives myself but I believe this is what this is what this site is supposed to be here for...maybe I'm wrong

Chad, my understanding is that it is believed that the LOP that you are asking about will be the removal of the larger demons from circ and will not affect our investment. hope this helps a little

I agree with you. If they come to ask questions, I see no problem - either answer or not; however, as you know, some of them come here and post things that they have no clue about...and insult those of you that have been in this for a long time and know much more...in that case, I do have a problem. New or seasoned, hopefully we are in this for the same reason....but we all should have some respect and believe me, I am just as guilty as the next....I've posted some things that I wish I hadn't, but at the same time, I have also researched and posted englightening items as well. In this day and age, some people are working all day and then have children and other things and maybe do not have time to do their own research and I understand that. So for me, as long as they are respectful, I will be respectful!

Drez and Sag

WOW!! 4,000,000 Dinar, so by your GED math that means you going to lose $80. Better sell now. :lol: :lol:

I also like how you call me stupid, but yet you can't do simple math. Nice one.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Your math in your example is right, your understanding of the lop is wrong. The removal of the three zeros is not off the bills. The removal of the three zeros is accomplished by moving the decimal point three places to the right resulting in .86

My question was could they do both? The bills and the zeros from the nominal rate.

Drez and Sag-Thank you so much for your brilliant comments and facts that you have presented. I was totally wrong. You two must be the smartest guys ever. I am totally convinced now since you have shown your infinite wisdom along with facts, I now believe that the RV will happen any minute now at $3.00 +. Thank you so much for setting me straight. Sorry about my GED math. Now (wait for it)..............

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

My question was could they do both? The bills and the zeros from the nominal rate.

My opinion is a resounding no. First, there is no historical precident of that ever being done (not that I'm aware of at least). However, there is MUCH precident for a straight up revaluation. Second, they have bills in circulation now that aren't "3 zero" bills. What of them? No, this scenario would cause chaos.

Of course, it's Iraq, anything can happen...wink.gif

Bro, please refrain from the salty language...ohmy.gifwink.gif

• Upvote 2

People seem to forget that our own government did the very same thing. Have any of you ever seen a US 10,000 dollar bill?

Read this article

I especially like the gold 100,000 dollar note...WOW!!!

The point is, if you had in your possession today a 10,000 US dollar bill it would be worth...10,000 dollars. Period. Just because the US removed these bills from circulation does not mean they lose their printed value.

Unfortunately, the 100K gold certificates only circulated inside the Fed and the Treasury -- the public never held them. But the 10,000 dollar FRNs did.

Actually, although you could actually spend a 10,000 FRN note today for 10,000 (it's still a legal tender), a 10,000 dollar bill goes for way more than 10K now. This link will eventually go south, but right now it's good for 26+ days:

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-000-TEN-THOUSAND-DOLLAR-BILL-10000-PMG-VF-35-/130457149896?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5fda21c8

And that's not even a nice, crispy uncirculated one. :o

Good point Junitman. Rocketman's post is definitely an accurate assessment of what would happen in case of an outright lop but i feel that the consequences of such an action would be devastating to the financial network that has built Iraq to this point (this includes us, even though we are small fish here). Chad, don't feel bad for asking a good question. I feel exactly the same as you do. My household has a little over 2 million invested in the dinar and we want it to RV more than anything! I know we all want to resolve in our minds that this investment is going to pay off and eliminate those nagging doubts about what's going to happen if they lop. I'm still researching a lot of hard facts and I've discovered that aside from taking a lot of the excess dollars out of circulation the lop would not benefit the Iraqi economy or encourage future investment that the country desperately needs. There is money to be made in this investment, it's just taking longer than a lot of us had hoped for. Sit tight and one day we all might have enough to pay off all our bills and have plenty left over. Cheers!

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif Absolutely agree, marknet, 100%. Thank you. I do agree they will have to increase the value of the IQD-- a straight up LOP that is revenue neutral by CBI definition, would benefit no one and nothing, except to have the purpose of removing the higher denom's from circulation (which is the purpose anyway). According to RM's post quoting the CBI, a 25,000 IQD and a 25 IQD would then be the same for all intents and purposes, until such time as the 000's higher denom's are all removed from circulation. This first step would put the rate at .86. That's obviously not going to be the end result though, as they must then increase the value of the IQD (b/c this previous step is all revenue neutral) to raise the standard of living for the iraqi people (and keep the countries who forgave their debt, happy).

If they did this as a two step, one right after the other process, then theoretically they could ...

(and this is listed on DD "all possible scenarios" #3, so it is after researching it) ....

1) Do the straight up neutral LOP that would have the effect of beginning the removal of the higher denominations and raise the nominal rate to .86

and then,

2) Raise the nominal rate to the $3.22 range or higher.

On 1 million, it would have this effect:

1 million becomes 1000 (after losing the 3 zeros) multiplied by the new RV of $3.22 = $3,220

Worse case, IMHO. But at least a profit.

If this is wrong, then DD is wrong as well, b/c this is exactly one of the scenarios he lists.

Personally, I prefer just a straight up RV to $3.22 or greater. smile.gif

Edited by junitman

Well stated Junitman. That's my understanding of it as well. I think we have to look at every possibility and I think in the end the CBI is going to do what they think is best for the Iraqi economy. It's a fact that they need to stimulate investment so I think the worst case is that we triple our money and the best case is that we become millionaires! But this is a long drawn out process so I'm just going to follow the news and try not to get caught up in all the crazy rumors. Again, great post and keep up the good research.

This has been my worst case scenario for a long time, but afraid to put it up here because it's beating that horse that's been dead and resurrected hundreds of times already. I still fear it though...........even if we still make 3 times our initial investment, it will be a huge letdown to those of us that only invested a couple grand or so. :unsure:

I know what you're saying Hspotman. I feel the same way. We'll both make big bucks on a 2 grand investment if things go like they should. There's so much info out there it's really hard to decipher everything. Hopefully things will continue to fall into place but it'll probably be at a slow pace.