Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do The Math...

Chad Rupple

Economist: expect to achieve from the deletion of zeros from the currency as long as the production capacity in Iraq's semi-disabled

Chief Economic Forum Kurdistan Faisal Ali that the deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency move is not in place, because there are many measures to be followed by the central government in building a prosperous economy in the productive sectors, agriculture, and added that as long as the production capacity in Iraq's semi-disabled there is no point of deleting the zeros .

He stressed on the NOAA Radio:

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

http://radionawa.com...1447&LinkID=155

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42510-economist-expect-to-achieve-from-the-deletion-of-zeros-from-the-currency-as-long-as-the-production-capacity-in-iraqs-semi-disabled/#ixzz165FOTKr1

Chad,

Son your not going to get these guys to answer your question because it has been answered a thousand time on this and many other sites. LIKE I said get busy reading and research for yourself. The answers to your questions are posted several times but people here are tired , frustrated and some even mad because there is oxygen in the air when they wake up in the morning. All you relly need to do is don't let it bother you and rest assured you will make the best return on this investment on anything you have ever done in life. There will be zero lop that effects your $$$$$$$ Rev Dan :D

• Upvote 3

Chad you are more than likely in bed by now. Hopefully in the morning you will read this post. Do not feel bad. It took me some time to get this too. Look now. Do not be closed minded and think what I will be entering through.

You have 500,000 dinar. One of these dinar is equal to .00086 right now in USD. If a LOP were to occur then 1 dinar would be equal to .86 USD. Now you have 500,000 dinar and you would multiply each of those dinar (total of 500,000) by .86 you would get 430,000. You have to look at what "one" dinar would be equal to in USD. Not the zeros on the dinar 25K note. Get your calculator and enter 500,000 hit the times button then enter .86 (the value of one dinar if the zero's were LOP'ed) the hit the equal key and see what you get. Hope this simplified it for you.

Be Blessed and DON'T stress

GoBap2010 ;)

• Upvote 2

Here's the math I use:

-With 3M dinars:

3,000,000 (Dinars) * $3.50 (RV)= $10,500,000 * .40 (est tax)* .05 (est fees) = $4.75M costs; $5.75M cash in the bank !!

This is the best math!

-B

Here's the math I use:

-With 3M dinars:

3,000,000 (Dinars) * $3.50 (RV)= $10,500,000 * .40 (est tax)* .05 (est fees) = $4.75M costs; $5.75M cash in the bank !!

This is the best math!

-B

Is there a reason that a newbie who comes in with very little understanding of this investment and asks for clarification, help, understanding has to be bashed so harshly? the poor guy has a -16 as of my post just because he asks something that many of us believe we know the answer to. I'm sure I am now on my way to some negatives myself but I believe this is what this is what this site is supposed to be here for...maybe I'm wrong

Chad, my understanding is that it is believed that the LOP that you are asking about will be the removal of the larger demons from circ and will not affect our investment. hope this helps a little

• Upvote 8

This is what I think-

Remove 3 zeros from big bills, remove 3 zeros from nominal rate. Call it even...

I have roughly $560 (USD) invested in 500,000 dinar. If they take the three zeros off the 25,000 notes and RV to .86 = $555-I lose $10

What would keep them from doing this? I hope I am wrong...

Beside the fact that the deletion of Zero "rumor" has over and over and once more over again addressed the reason they wouldn't do it it is there is no reason for them to do it. A LOP or removing zeros from a currency is done only when the economy is n a hyper inflation mode seeing as Iraq has less inflation than the US and most of the known world I dont think that they are going to do this. Now if they took 3 zeros off the face value then you would have a LOP 3 zeros off nominal value IE .00086 then you would have .86 dollars on ever dinar.

So as a tongue and cheek comment send all you dinar to me Ill take care of em for ya

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I gave him a plus to take away one of the negatives. As long as it is apparent someone is a newbie and asks what (to them) is a legitimate question, they don't deserve bashing and minus (red) marks... they simply need to be directed with a link to the thread that will answer their question... in this case the LOP thread.

• Upvote 3

If I have twenty 25,000 notes therefore, I have 500,000 dinar

If they raised the 3 zeros from those notes, they will become 25 dinar notes

Now, if they remove 3 zeros from 0.000856, that would be roughly .86.

But, i was wrong-I used .90 on my previous math.

20 bills x 25 = 500 dinar

500 dinar x .86 = 430 dollars

I lost 130 dollars (USD)

Sorry about the math from the previous post...trying to do it in my head....that is never a good idea!

What I am trying to say is what would keep them from doing this? to screw us?

Chad:

While I believe you are wrong, no one can say for sure that you aren't correct. Everyone believes that if they remove the 3 zeros from the currency, they will inrease the rate by 3 zeros. It is a possibility, but it would not help the Iraqi people at all. They will still have nothing. There was nothing wrong with your math, but in the opinion of most (including me) your premise is incorrect.

Hope we all have a great Thanksgiving and have a pleasant surprise comung to us soon. God bless!

Edited by prayin4peace
  • Upvote 1

Okay, Rev Dan...

Please tell me where my math is wrong. I am not in any way of making a joke about this, I would like to understand dropping the 0's on the nominal and the 0's off of the bigger bills (i.e., 25,000) both...not just one.

Hey Chad don't listen to any of these guys. Your question is as valid as any other one asked here. The problem is, you won't get a valid answer because nobody here, or anywhere else for that matter, can give you an answer that they can back up with any imperical evidence. Your scenario has just as much a chance of being right as any other.

Edited by gman51
  • Upvote 1

Chad, I think if they did lop it like you said then that would sort of be like giving the giant middle finger to the US and all of the other countries that have invested in Iraq and the dinar. Plus I can't see that the countries that have forgiven Iraq's debts doing so simply out of the goodness of their hearts. They want to see a profit on their investment. I'm a newbie like you and still trying to make sense of all this stuff. This is Iraq and anything can happen, but I seriously don't think they are going to bite the hand that feeds them. This is a gamble just like any investment but I think the potential payoff is worth it. Hopefully you'll see a payoff of at least 6 figures and I will too! Cheers.

This is what I think-

Remove 3 zeros from big bills, remove 3 zeros from nominal rate. Call it even...

I have roughly $560 (USD) invested in 500,000 dinar. If they take the three zeros off the 25,000 notes and RV to .86 = $555-I lose $10

You are worried because you have $560 USD invested and you hope you don't loose it? I'm sure you have spent more on other useless things in your life. :lol::lol::lol:

Chad, I think if they did lop it like you said then that would sort of be like giving the giant middle finger to the US and all of the other countries that have invested in Iraq and the dinar. Plus I can't see that the countries that have forgiven Iraq's debts doing so simply out of the goodness of their hearts. They want to see a profit on their investment. I'm a newbie like you and still trying to make sense of all this stuff. This is Iraq and anything can happen, but I seriously don't think they are going to bite the hand that feeds them. This is a gamble just like any investment but I think the potential payoff is worth it. Hopefully you'll see a payoff of at least 6 figures and I will too! Cheers.

I'm a newbie too, but have to admit that the LOP thing worried me some until I finally reasoned it out like this (above). I'm not worried about it anymore for that very reason.

What I think Chad is referring to though, FYI, is the fact that DD has it as a "possible" scenario for it to happen exactly as Chad has said. Not sure I can post the link here, but if you go to don't promote other sites website, he posted on 11/21 a repost of "all the possible outcomes" and the scenario Chad mentioning is in option 2.

Also, I don't know if I can locate where I found rocketman's post on it, but he had a very good explanation of it that I had cut and saved for my own understanding:

If you remove 3 zeros from the currency you at the same time remove 3 zeros from the rate and exchange and it revenue neutral.

If you have a 25,000 dinar note it is worth 25,000/1170 = $21.37. If you delete 3 zeros from the 25,000 it loses no value and is still worth $21.37 as a 25 dinar note. What has happened is that the 25,000 dinar note has been divided by 1000. and 24,975 dinar have been taken out of circulation although no value of the money supply has been lost. However at the same time the 24,975 dinar is removed from circulation, the rate is also change from 1170 rate to 1.170 rate. Before $21.37 X 1170 = 25,000 dinar. After the removal of the zeros the rate would be $21.37 X 1.170 = 25 dinar. The exchange with the 25,000 note was 1/1170 = .00086 exchange. With the lopped 25 dinar note the exchange will be 1/1.170 = .86 exchange.

Before the lop if one had a 25,000 dinar note the exchange would be .00086, the rate 1170 and the value $21.37.

After the lop one's 25,000 note will be reduced to 25 dinar with a exchange of .86, a rate of 1.170 and the same value of $21.37.

A lop is revenue neutral as the CBI has explained many times.

It is impossible to lop the currency 3 zeros and maintain the same value without also at the same time changing the rate and exchange by 3 zeros.

Its why a lop is used to reduce the currency in circulation. Because at the same time the rate and exchange are also changed to reflect the lop making the action revenue neutral while the convenience of use of the currency is enhanced.

SO I guess what I'm hearing here is that if there is a LOP, at a minimum it would be accompanied by an RV (since a true LOP is revenue neutral)?

That's how I'm understanding it.

Like I said.... I don't forsee a LOP -- and no I'm not selling mine. LOL But at the very least this could be pinned somewhere, couldn't it? Is this understanding by rocketman and DD correct... or not????

Okay, Rev Dan...

Please tell me where my math is wrong. I am not in any way of making a joke about this, I would like to understand dropping the 0's on the nominal and the 0's off of the bigger bills (i.e., 25,000) both...not just one.

Your math makes sense to me. However, the concept and possibility of this happening are very remote. Nobody on here can rule it out though. It is still a thought. Just remember, nobody cares about the 500,000 dinar you hold or the 100,000,000 dinar I hold (jk). If/when the revaluation or redenomination occurs, it will be done to benefit the Iraqi economy. In the scenario you presented, there is no benefit to the GOI. We are small fish in the pond so they dont care if they screw us or make us millionaires, they will do what needs to be done to create stability in their own country.

This is what I think-

Yes you are right you are going to lose $10, but the good news is that I'll help you out and buy all your Dinar for $10. That way when this hits you would really end up with $20 more then if you stuck it out. I know I'm now taking your $10 hit but it's okay, PM me if you are interested.

Now people wonder why the US is falling behind in the world, look our education system produced this guy. What a shame.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I am new and have what I believe top be good questions, but I would have to weed through all the smart a-- people to maybe hope for an answer. It's to bad, because I thought this was a learning experience for everyone. I'm sure everyone on here starting from the beginning at one time and why can't the new people learn from your education?

When I first started here I read through all the older posts to educate myself. Try that instead of waiting for the spoon to reach your mouth....sorry couldn't resist. :lol::lol:

Yes you are right you are going to lose $10, but the good news is that I'll help you out and buy all your Dinar for $10. That way when this hits you would really end up with $20 more then if you stuck it out. I know I'm now taking your $10 hit but it's okay, PM me if you are interested.

Now people wonder why the US is falling behind in the world, look our education system produced this guy. What a shame.

LOL,Drez I think it's the education.....LOL I'm beginning to think that these new people are joining just to irritate the old timers...I've noticed that many of the questions are about being spoon fed and explain to me why this is a good investment.....especially after they have invested. Either they are stupid plants or just plain stupid. :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If I have twenty 25,000 notes therefore, I have 500,000 dinar

If they raised the 3 zeros from those notes, they will become 25 dinar notes

Now, if they remove 3 zeros from 0.000856, that would be roughly .86.

But, i was wrong-I used .90 on my previous math.

20 bills x 25 = 500 dinar

500 dinar x .86 = 430 dollars

I lost 130 dollars (USD)

Sorry about the math from the previous post...trying to do it in my head....that is never a good idea!

What I am trying to say is what would keep them from doing this? to screw us?

Let me TRY to Explain this -1st the Bill's with 3 Zero's are EXCHANGED for SMALLER BILLS OF THE SAME VALUE. YOU LOOSE NOTHING.

They say REMOVE the 3 zero's as in REMOVE FROM CIRCULATION. REMOVED FROM CIRCULATION the SAME as Our Goverment removed our $1,000.00 dollar Bill from Circulation. , They simply EXCHANGED it for 10 - $100.00 bills. Now do you understand. I sure hope so.lol

Edited by RICK C
  • Upvote 1