Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Relocating POST R/V?

Roscoboy007

My wife and I have kicked the idea around just do your research they say if you want to buy a place down there go down in the winter so you know what to expect in the rainy season and only try to do one thing a day because your in Belize so work on Belizean time

after all that's why your in Belize and be happy you better Belize it :D

My wife is from Belize and it's a very laid back country. My self and a few of my expats friends have bought 30+ acres and are selling lots on the Humming Bird Hwy. Thats where you will find me once all this pans out. I love it there, the caving, diving and the locals are very nice. I would tell and expat to buy more inland and not on the coast. The land in very high plus I had a place with my family in Belize City. In 2007 they had a major flood and I lost my house.

My wife and I have kicked the idea around just do your research they say if you want to buy a place down there go down in the winter so you know what to expect in the rainy season and only try to do one thing a day because your in Belize so work on Belizean time

after all that's why your in Belize and be happy you better Belize it :D

Thats what we say all the time, you better Belize it Baby. :)

I agree with BanG on this one - I have had amazing and wonderful experiences there.

I have never seen nor heard of any one being mistreated because of the color of the skin. I have been going there for years and all over that country.

Are you staying where your at or will you be moving post R/V? If your thinking of Belize then keep us in mind. We will be there within 60 days and will have our Real Estate Brokerage company up an running. So if you need info about the area then just send us an email.......See ya on the beach.....Good luck to all.

Interesting....... never visited there but I heard it's pretty violent for a small country. Lots of crime going on....Can you confirm?

As for myself. I think I'll spend medium-long periods of time in my favorite places... Spain, Cuba and Brazil ( I know it's violent allright but I have connections there for finding the right spot)

Edited by umbertino

I just build a new home in Panama 2 years ago and just moved here 7 weeks ago. No property taxes for the next 18 years. I have never paid more than $50 for electricity, car insurance 1/2 the price I was paying in Canada. An abundance of fresh fruit, veggies and seafood everyday and very cheap. I live in the mountains and its spring in the morning, summer by noon and early fall in the evening and great for sleeping. The beach is an hour away and I will never have to shovel snow again. Huge expat community, so lots of good english speaking friends! My own little paradise!laugh.gif

Interesting.....I might consider checking all that.

There is a Belize Mexico and one in Brazil. Which one are you guys talking about? Not Mexico I hope.

Belize is a country by itself in Central America.

You guys forgot about the jewel of central american it is called Costa Rica, Panama would be a close second :rolleyes:

As long as they don't do again what they did years ago with checking accounts.

Edited by umbertino

I live in the Cocoa/Melbourne area here in FL. No state income tax but property taxes are high.They keep going up as home prices decline. I'm interested in moving to Belize too.

Small world I live in Melbourne. I have heard alot of people talking about Belize never really looked into it. Sounds nice though.

Roscoboy007 I am sure you are aware then that there is no formal or official license for Belize. Anyone can just go there and start selling real estate. There are requirements first though. There is also a woman trying to license and school the business that moved there from Florida not too far back. 8 years if I remember correctly.

They also have easy IBC set up down there, an Amish community in the northern part. Belize City is very bad. Most of the islands are very much US Expats but have some problems with local pay offs. Call it protection, or what ever. If you wish to see your business standing after approached lol.

The southern half is still quite open actually with some of the Mayans and Garifuna living in it. Beautiful place and lots of fun. Lots of current crime. Mostly in Belize city though with some outer area home robbery. The wild life is beautiful. The water is an average 82 degree year round temperature with the worlds second largest barrier reef.

Diving is awesome and you can even swim with the whale shark.

The cost of an Amish built cabin ranges as low as ten thousand US for a decent one and on up. Cattle is not real big due to the heat but there are a couple of good cattle farms to buy from. Iguana is big, quite tasty too.

Property is much cheaper away from the coast as it is anywhere but in this case we are talking up too a hundred G's cheaper for many acres more. I have seen a half acre lot for as high as 200G's and with that you can own over a thousand acres in some areas. Not a hole lot of large spreads left as the Government owns quite a bit of it.

Several great hotels middle country with jungle mountain views and great fresh fruit daily.

It is a good place but travel in pairs and daylight for a good while when first there.

The Seychelles are worth looking into. I speak french, and they are one of the only tropical places where you can live off the land and water as in prehistoric times. There are many islands, some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. (Indian Ocean between Somalia and India) Talk about getting away...

The Seychelles are worth looking into. I speak french, and they are one of the only tropical places where you can live off the land and water as in prehistoric times. There are many islands, some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. (Indian Ocean between Somalia and India) Talk about getting away...

Plus your really close to all those nice Somalian pirates

The idea of florida and possibly panama sounds real nice to me. get me a nice beach location with a satleite t.v. system. personally i ain't going anywhere near somolia unless i can buy some lars rockets and a AK with plenty of ammo first. You know say if I should want to go out fishing one day or swimming.