Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD not available on EZFOREX.COM site?

J.C.

At 10:13 PM PST, I went to do my nightly check of the current rate of exchange on the front page of ezforex.com, a site I've been using now for over a month. Tonight, the Iraqi Dinar was pulled from the site. Can someone else please check this and make sure it's not a glitch on my end.

• Upvote 1

I've never been to this site before so I have nothing to compare, but on the front page Iraq (IQD) is not listed in the drop-down box. Going to the Buy Currency page, it is in the drop-down box and when I clicked on it I was kind of surprised at the rate of 0.00109798. Is that normal? No 3 zeros.

Or does that site get enough business they can afford to charge more than the 0.00068xxxx that most sites have? Taking off the first 3 digits of 001 and moving it all left, could $1.09798 possibly be the NEW rate? I notice a reference to Affiliates on the website. Maybe the rate has to be higher to pay affiliates? I realize travelers in a hurry are willing to pay premium prices, but that is quite a difference. Don't mean to start rumors... just noticing a pretty big discrepancy. I backed out and did not add to my cart.

Feedback from those who have used this site in the past - what can you add or clarify?

• Upvote 1

Hey Solutions, when I would check the exchange rate on the front page drop down box, it would always indicate "00" as the rate of exchange. I never did go to the "buy currency" page. Approximately 3 days ago, when I went to check the rate on the front page....IQD was not there & hasn't been since then.

At 10:13 PM PST, I went to do my nightly check of the current rate of exchange on the front page of ezforex.com, a site I've been using now for over a month. Tonight, the Iraqi Dinar was pulled from the site. Can someone else please check this and make sure it's not a glitch on my end.

I've noticed it gone for a couple of days.

Edited by shirleyjune

I've never been to this site before so I have nothing to compare, but on the front page Iraq (IQD) is not listed in the drop-down box. Going to the Buy Currency page, it is in the drop-down box and when I clicked on it I was kind of surprised at the rate of 0.00109798. Is that normal? No 3 zeros but rather the first 3 digits after the decimal being .001 ??

Or does that site get enough business they can afford to charge more than the 0.00086xx that most sites have? Taking off the first 3 digits of 001 and moving it all left, could $1.09798 possibly be the NEW rate? I notice a reference to Affiliates on the website. Maybe the rate has to be higher to pay affiliates? I realize travelers in a hurry are willing to pay premium prices, but that is quite a difference. Don't mean to start rumors... just noticing a pretty big discrepancy. I backed out and did not add to my cart.

Feedback from those who have used this site in the past - what can you add or clarify?

Note: (This section has been edited since original post)

I have been checking the rate of exchange on this site for several weeks now, & biobalrick is correct, it disappeared about 3 days ago.

Since you are familiar with the site, Southern Gal, can you answer my question in the post above?

Hey Solutions, when I would check the exchange rate on the front page drop down box, it would always indicate "00" as the rate of exchange. I never did go to the "buy currency" page. Approximately 3 days ago, when I went to check the rate on the front page....IQD was not there & hasn't been since then.

Thanks for the response Southern Gal. Has anyone else been purchasing from this site? Have you noticed a change in the rate on the order page? I have a hard time believing anyone would pay 0.00109798 when they can purchase so much cheaper at other sites. When I just now went back to double-check several hours later, this time I clicked on the purchase by Electronic Check instead of Debit/Credit Card and the rate is a little cheaper, but still high = Today's Rate: 0.0010712 and there are no 3 zeros. The first three digits after the decimal point are .001 so this would equate to $1.07 which is higher than the current 0.00086xx which would = 86 cents..

The possibility exists that they've grown tired of their server being slowed to a crawl by dinar investors uselessly using their site to check the rate thousands of times each day, and simply removed it to increase site efficiency? ;)

I agree that is a possibility, Legolas, but the Iraq (IQD) is removed ONLY from the dropdown menu on the main page. It is there on the dropdown menu on the page where you can purchase. You don't see the rate until you make a selection as to method of purchase, i.e., check or cc/db and the rate is slightly different depending on which one you select. Now grant you I never did 'add to cart' so I have no idea whether there is a rate correction at that point, but the point I'm making is that if I did want to purchase via credit card and went to that site and found this much higher rate then I would NOT 'add to cart' and would look for another site that sells at a more reasonable price. So if they really do NOT want to sell the IQD why don't they remove the rate from the 2nd screen? If they DO want to sell it then I just question their price. Was hoping someone who had purchased there might have a reasonable explanation for the price discrepancy. Plus I suppose I wondered if they may have changed their buy screen in advance based on a new rate -- yet no one is supposed to know that yet.

I agree that is a possibility, Legolas, but the Iraq (IQD) is removed ONLY from the dropdown menu on the main page. It is there on the dropdown menu on the page where you can purchase. You don't see the rate until you make a selection as to method of purchase, i.e., check or cc/db and the rate is slightly different depending on which one you select. Now grant you I never did 'add to cart' so I have no idea whether there is a rate correction at that point, but the point I'm making is that if I did want to purchase via credit card and went to that site and found this much higher rate then I would NOT 'add to cart' and would look for another site that sells at a more reasonable price. So if they really do NOT want to sell the IQD why don't they remove the rate from the 2nd screen? If they DO want to sell it then I just question their price. Was hoping someone who had purchased there might have a reasonable explanation for the price discrepancy. Plus I suppose I wondered if they may have changed their buy screen in advance based on a new rate -- yet no one is supposed to know that yet.

You are correct, Solutions. It was just a thought, however they "are" a currency exchange business, and can't very well take the IQD off of their "purchase" section if they want to continue to sell the dinar to legitimate travelers, business people etc. It has to remain available somewhere on the site. My thought was that they would greatly reduce their server load if they simply removed it temporarily from the main "comparison" screen to discourage the constant hits by dinar investors. There's no way to know for sure. Hopefully there is some hidden agenda, but I kinda doubt it. It's important to every internet business that access to their website be instantaneous, and there's little doubt that IQD explorers are hitting their site continuously. :)

Went to ezforex.com and here is my analysis of what this means.

If you click on online orders and choose IQD, then enter 1 USD that will get you 933 IQD. So, 1USD=933 IQD this is a decrease in the amount we are used to seeing which is typically 1167! This is a good thing.

Now, the .0010712 is the rate they are charging. If you divide 933 into 1 USD it = .0010712 This is the rate they charge. It reflects around a 20% increase in the vlaue of the IQD. Again, this is a good thing!

This does not reflect the new rate though.

Went to ezforex.com and here is my analysis of what this means.

If you click on online orders and choose IQD, then enter 1 USD that will get you 933 IQD. So, 1USD=933 IQD this is a decrease in the amount we are used to seeing which is typically 1167! This is a good thing.

Now, the .0010712 is the rate they are charging. If you divide 933 into 1 USD it = .0010712 This is the rate they charge. It reflects around a 20% increase in the vlaue of the IQD. Again, this is a good thing!

This does not reflect the new rate though.

Mikki, what you are seeing is their "sell rate" - it reflects the "profit" they make on the sale of the Dinar.....similar to what you pay to any of the other internet dinar dealers or the banks. It doesn't represent an increase in the value of the dinar. For example, when you buy 100,000 dinars from Ali, he charges $140. You are therefore getting approximately 714 dinars per dollar......,far less than the current rate of 1170 per dollar. So it's not a "good" thing......it's just the premium you are paying for the servce. ;)