Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Simple Explanation

Guest Economist

This would be extremely useful. I imagine it's on here *somewhere* already. Anyone?

No ... not that I know of ... I would have it archived if I knew it existed.

I was hoping that they would start a new thread and "just do it".

While I'm unaware how a non-member can start a thread (or post) ... obviously these guys/gals are already past that.

Peace

Doc31

Guest non-member proof

No ... not that I know of ... I would have it archived if I knew it existed.

I was hoping that they would start a new thread and "just do it".

While I'm unaware how a non-member can start a thread (or post) ... obviously these guys/gals are already past that.

Peace

Doc31

This is how, lol :lol::lol::P:P

It's a mystery to me. I think when the site was upgraded last, some options became available again. JMO!

Sorry guys, that was me. I just saw Doc31's post about not knowing how someone does it. So I tried to be a smart a$$ with my guest nickname and show it's easy. I actually don't know how to do it all the time. If you are reading a post/thread and you are NOT signed in, when you hit reply(not signed in at the time) it will take you to "guest" reply where you do the "image verification" process. I guess someone could have fun with it if they knew how to do it all the time. I tried again afterwards, but it wouldn't let me. So this must be some sort of glich or something. Sorry for the confusion I created if any, just trying to have a little fun in this chaotic time here/yesterday ;)

No, actually good to know. Glad it was you testing it, and not some random guest twit. Maybe someone will fix it. :)

Sorry guys, that was me. I just saw Doc31's post about not knowing how someone does it. So I tried to be a smart a$$ with my guest nickname and show it's easy. I actually don't know how to do it all the time. If you are reading a post/thread and you are NOT signed in, when you hit reply(not signed in at the time) it will take you to "guest" reply where you do the "image verification" process. I guess someone could have fun with it if they knew how to do it all the time. I tried again afterwards, but it wouldn't let me. So this must be some sort of glich or something. Sorry for the confusion I created if any, just trying to have a little fun in this chaotic time here/yesterday ;)

No, actually good to know. Glad it was you testing it, and not some random guest twit. Maybe someone will fix it. :)

Yea it is weird. When I have tried to reply to a post with my name hspotman, and because I am not signed in when I hit reply, it sends it as "guest_hspotman". Try it, see if you can do it.

Thanks Urban. :)

I do hope that my indignation doesn't overshadow the 'tough love' of having to pierce the fabric of someone's entire worldview with the truth.

d00gie,

I, too, enjoy your well thought out comments. I feel as if I am back at University! I will be rereading the entire thread again, to try to get a clear grasp of what exactly is being said.

Many THANKS again for your time and expertise. And, you too, guest-economist, who ever you are; it would not be as a good a read without your counter comments.

Urban

I have given you two very concrete examples of 'glitches in the Matrix', concerning things about which you have been *very* well trained and schooled, which at the very least should induce sufficient cognitive dissonance to make you go, "hmm." If your mind is open, you might be able to take the next step, which is to honestly investigate how these antinomial "facts" managed to get left behind.

So where did this bogus "Inflation is an increase in the general price level" so-called "standard" so-called "definition" come from? It's certainly not a correct use of the English language. Somewhere in the 20th Century, this insinuated its way into the "dismal science" imposed Newspeak view of the world. Whence came it? When did the textbooks change it?

All hyperbole aside, I truly would appreciate an answer to this. I've never had the time to chase it and run it to the ground.

wow....great debate and clearly way over my abilities. One question I have doogie is along the lines of what the economist was referring to. How would a significant RV impact our economy? We currently have a M2 of roughly 9 trillion dollars....it is speculated that the US holds between 1 and 2 trillion dinar. With a RV of $2 to $3 dollars we would see a sudden increase in the M2 of 30% to 60%. Maybe i'm just way off on what we hold here but the amount is certainly plausible...but i don't believe we could absorb that kind of increase without catastrophic consequences.

wow....great debate and clearly way over my abilities. One question I have doogie is along the lines of what the economist was referring to. How would a significant RV impact our economy? We currently have a M2 of roughly 9 trillion dollars....it is speculated that the US holds between 1 and 2 trillion dinar. With a RV of $2 to $3 dollars we would see a sudden increase in the M2 of 30% to 60%. Maybe i'm just way off on what we hold here but the amount is certainly plausible...but i don't believe we could absorb that kind of increase without catastrophic consequences.

The first question that comes to my mind is, does the Treasury hold the dinar, or the Fed? Also, not entirely clear to me, if it's on the Fed's balance sheet, where forex shows up in the monetary measures. If the Treasury holds it, they could use it over a longer period of time to absorb FRN's from elsewhere, pay bills, and even retire some treasuries. The relative shortage of new treasuries would serve to keep interest rates down (which they MUST do to keep interest rate swaps -- THE largest category of derivatives -- from detonating.) My initial thought for the Fed is they could immediately retire the 1.2T (notional) in worthless Fannie and Freddie paper that they've added to M0 (AMB) in the last 2 years. That would absorb a chunk of it.

The first question that comes to my mind is, does the Treasury hold the dinar, or the Fed? Also, not entirely clear to me, if it's on the Fed's balance sheet, where forex shows up in the monetary measures. If the Treasury holds it, they could use it over a longer period of time to absorb FRN's from elsewhere, pay bills, and even retire some treasuries. The relative shortage of new treasuries would serve to keep interest rates down (which they MUST do to keep interest rate swaps -- THE largest category of derivatives -- from detonating.) My initial thought for the Fed is they could immediately retire the 1.2T (notional) in worthless Fannie and Freddie paper that they've added to M0 (AMB) in the last 2 years. That would absorb a chunk of it.

thank you for the response....but I don't think it matters who holds it as the M2 will be affected by everyone cashing in...so they would have to find a way to offset this influx of wealth or a way to deal with it. But as people exchange their dinar it will have a definite impact on our M2 regardless of where it is held.

thank you for the response....but I don't think it matters who holds it as the M2 will be affected by everyone cashing in...so they would have to find a way to offset this influx of wealth or a way to deal with it. But as people exchange their dinar it will have a definite impact on our M2 regardless of where it is held.

how many dollars do you think iraq has in circulation that they could redestribute back to us? hundreds of billions or trillions?

how many dollars do you think iraq has in circulation that they could redestribute back to us? hundreds of billions or trillions?

Sorry Elvis....but i'm not sure i understand the question....are you asking how many US dollars Iraqi's hold that would come back to us?....if that is the question then why would they come back to us and they would already be included in our circulated currency amounts.

Sorry Elvis....but i'm not sure i understand the question....are you asking how many US dollars Iraqi's hold that would come back to us?....if that is the question then why would they come back to us and they would already be included in our circulated currency amounts.

whati mean is....if it RVs can they use the money they pull out to help back the RV so they are not only using their current reserves....i mean it would just be redistributing the money back to the US citizens...right?

whati mean is....if it RVs can they use the money they pull out to help back the RV so they are not only using their current reserves....i mean it would just be redistributing the money back to the US citizens...right?

sorry but i'm still a little lost...what money are they pulling out?...iraqi's would not be turning in dollars to the the CBI for nothing and I'm not sure why they would be at all...not to mention that there still ins't enough money available to support a RV.

sorry but i'm still a little lost...what money are they pulling out?...iraqi's would not be turning in dollars to the the CBI for nothing and I'm not sure why they would be at all...not to mention that there still ins't enough money available to support a RV.

when they dedollarize the country is whati ment before or after the rv or lop...i mean they are wanting the dinar to be the main bill.....but if even then they wouldnt have enough then i guess it was a stupid question...thanks for the help

when they dedollarize the country is whati ment before or after the rv or lop...i mean they are wanting the dinar to be the main bill.....but if even then they wouldnt have enough then i guess it was a stupid question...thanks for the help

There are no stupid questions....not when you have money on the line....there has to be faith in the dinar before it is the main bill....that will take some time.

Hmm. Since those bastards stopped reporting M3, it's hard to tell exactly what happens with "eurodollars", i.e. FRNs held outside the U.S. that could be exchanged for dinars held in the U.S.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/discm3.htm

I *don't* think that the number of dinars held by non-sovereign nation or central bank holders (i.e. in the tens to low hundreds of billions?) is going to cause the degree of dislocation you're envisioning. By "influx of wealth", are you thinking that the Fed/Treasury would have to monetize new treasuries to come up with the cash?

Edited by d00gie

Guest Samurai

Dr. Shabbibi

received PHD in 1975

One of the most respected economists in the world

Governor of the CBI since 2003

Has authority to revalue the currency of Iraq on HIS time frame

At the Jackson Hole Wyo meeting he said "We're Rich" "We could support a $9.00 RV"

S will pull the trigger when it's necessary to sort things out for the GOI

Be Patient

Happy Thanksgiving!

Go RV!!! :D:D:D