Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ANYBODY READ BUSH'S BOOK

powerpager

Okay guys, I am on page 309. Already read through the Iraq chapter and didn't see anything about currency so far.

I met George Bush Wednesday morning here in Houston at his book signing......i'm on page 113 so far and haven't yet seen anything about the reval......but i can't wait to get to the chapter titled "Iraq"

Hey Brown,

There isn't anything regarding currency is that chapter, but it is still a good read. Perhaps near the end of the book there is according to this person who started the thread.

I am truly enjoying this book. What is alarming about it, is how the political system works, and how people simply don't walk a straight line. It's disconcerting, that's for certain.

Best

• Upvote 1

Okay guys, I am on page 309. Already read through the Iraq chapter and didn't see anything about currency so far.

Hey Brown,

There isn't anything regarding currency is that chapter, but it is still a good read. Perhaps near the end of the book there is according to this person who started the thread.

I am truly enjoying this book. What is alarming about it, is how the political system works, and how people simply don't walk a straight line. It's disconcerting, that's for certain.

Best

JoeP,

the book is a good read.......you're into the Katrina chapter now......i'm waiting to find out his viewpoint on that event, i know i certainly have one.....

on another note, when i shook his hand at the signing i thanked him for all he'd done for the nation as well as the state.....i wanted so bad to tell him thanks for the Iraqi Dinar opportunity but the words didn't come out.....i was pretty much just stunned that i was shaking the hand of the man who had been the most powerful man in the world for eight years.....i think back now and wonder if i had managed to tell him that, what would he have said ?

• Upvote 1

Yup...I'm reading it. Ok, first let me say that I never dis any sitting President. My father taught me that...if you are in the military you can't bad mouth the Commander-in-Chief, code of military ethics. Now that he is out....fair game. I truly believe that he did what he thought was right. If you talk to any high ranking military official that had access to classified info, they will tell you we had NO doubt that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction...as you know, he used it on the Kurds...maybe on Iranians too..I think that's what I read. But he admits that none was ever found. I think they were taken over to Jordan prior to our invasion...that is purely speculation on my part based from listing to my dad's friends that were boots on the ground then.

Anyway, I think W has a good heart. But...even he said he was a C student...yes, he went to two of the best schools in the US, let alone the world....but his name isn't going to be registered into the Mensa Club anytime soon. I had to shake my head when he spoke about going with his gut feelings. My God, he had access to the greatest minds in the world and he went with his gut? Ugh!

Anyway, the point is, the book is very well written..which leads me to believe he had one hell of a ghost writer. It's also really interesting to see his point of view...and leads me to respect anyone that takes on that job. period.

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I would like to share something factual regarding this and former President Bush and his Administration.

This is my opinion and this comment is constructed and structured on factual information.

One of the main reasons for the US invasion of Iraq were to gain control of Iraq's oilfields (so as to keep the oil in the ground and drive up oil prices), to establish military bases in Iraq from which to dominate the Middle East and eventually (by controlling oil supply) to establish control over all countries dependent on oil, and (most important to the neo-cons Wolfowitz, et al.) to remove the threat to Israel posed by Iraq.

Of course there were also other reasons;

After control of the oilfields the next most important reason for the US's takeover of Iraq was that Iraq had begun to accept payment in euros for its oil, opening the way for all major oil producers to do this. Were this to happen then the euro would probably become the world's reserve currency, not the US Dollar. This would have a major negative impact on the US economy (would, in fact, cause the collapse of the US economy) and would also severely reduce its ability to pour money into its weapons programs. By gaining control of Iraq's oil the US can now refuse payment in euros, thereby maintaining the dollar as the reserve currency (though before many years it will lose this position if the European geostrategists succeed in their plans).

I personally believe this was a brilliant plan on behalf of the US and thankful of the outcome. I regret the loss of lives that it took to save our economy, however I am proud to wake up each and every day and be proud to be an AMERICAN.

God Bless and Happy Holidays to all.

Steve

Edited by SteveI
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

I am about halfway through the book, just past the inserts of photos...... I admire the man even more.

Agreed, me too (Kindle shows 48%). I like his quote "they didn't hire me because I was Shakespeare". I served in the 1st Gulf War under his dad, while young, dumb and full of 'you know what'.

Steve1,

I believe you are 100% accurate with you facts about all the important reasons the US went to war in Iraq and Middle East. Glad to have men like yourself, and so many others, here at DV that have come forward to assist as true leaders in this 11th hour. People here need the FACTS presented to them as you have...in such a way that it does not bring confusion and doubt, but rather a sense of clarity, hope and comfort that they are part of a truly Great Nation...And, although many lives were sacrificed, those lives, when measured against eternity, have a far greater purpose and destiny than our minds can grasp. They are our War Heroes, and surly they have a special place with our great and mighty God.

God Bless.