Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank is ready to delete the zeros from the dinar after the formation of the government directly

Chief V

just what does deleting 3 zeros mean to us?

Either that your 25,000 dinar note is worth $25......Or more than likely, 1 dinar = .86 cents. I'm not as well versed as others on this topic but the second scenario seems to be the majority opinion for many reasons. We will know soon enough I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Either that your 25,000 dinar note is worth $25......Or more than likely, 1 dinar = .86 cents. I'm not as well versed as others on this topic but the second scenario seems to be the majority opinion for many reasons. We will know soon enough I guess.

So, in other words, all the countries forgive their debt. Then they turn around and make what we've purchased pretty much worthless? Enlightenment needed....please!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So, in other words, all the countries forgive their debt. Then they turn around and make what we've purchased pretty much worthless? Enlightenment needed....please!

Like I said, I'm not well versed on this topic and frankly someone else should be doing the "enlightening". Scenario #2 seems to be the route that most of the versed folks seem to think this will go at a minimum. .86 seems to make sense, which would be a HUGE win for everyone! To be forward, I would be happy with .10 cents. Again, I am not the person you want input from, there are many, many folks that are much better suited for that. Just my rookie 2 cents is all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love this part! - "The Central Bank of Iraq has affirmed its readiness to delete the zeros from the currency after the formation of the government directly." That says that the CBI is ready to pull the trigger!

Combine that with the other articles today about Talabani being ready to sign an agreement with Kuwait regarding the borders so Chapter 7 can be lifted......and that brings us to RV TIME!

• Upvote 5

For his part, said economic expert on behalf of Jamil Antoine in an interview for "Alsumaria News", "Iraq is not formatted for the time being to delete the zeros of the Iraqi dinar," noting that "the deletion of zeros needed to stabilize the security and political, as well as economic stability.

So this will not happen anytime soon? A few months, a few years? :huh::unsure::o

I love this part! - "The Central Bank of Iraq has affirmed its readiness to delete the zeros from the currency after the formation of the government directly." That says that the CBI is ready to pull the trigger!

Combine that with the other articles today about Talabani being ready to sign an agreement with Kuwait regarding the borders so Chapter 7 can be lifted......and that brings us to RV TIME!

Sure hope your take is correct. But what is this Antoine guy saying about Iraq not being ready yet?

Chief - what say you?

• Upvote 1

How do you think the other countries forgave Iraq's debt's? Countries hold dinar in return for debt forgiveness...How do you think the CBI raised its foreign capital reserves? By currency trades with other countries, especially the USA....That's how their dinar was backed till now...THe dinar was made available to us here in the USA....We were supposed to have access to purchasing them....Our dollars backed the dinar and in return, we will get paid and the IRaqi people will prosper....No worries!!! Its a no-brainer!! :D
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

How do you think the other countries forgave Iraq's debt's? Countries hold dinar in return for debt forgiveness...How do you think the CBI raised its foreign capital reserves? By currency trades with other countries, especially the USA....That's how their dinar was backed till now...THe dinar was made available to us here in the USA....We were supposed to have access to purchasing them....Our dollars backed the dinar and in return, we will get paid and the IRaqi people will prosper....No worries!!! Its a no-brainer!! :D

Thank you for your understanding of my lack of understanding and for the clarity of your post! Makes more sense now.

• Upvote 1

Keep your faith Rv means revalue It is all a good thing.

Raising the three zeros means removing them from circulation, the value will have to be greater for those that hold big bills to get rid of them!

You just are going to have to do a bit of research....... it can be very deep in attempting to understand it.

We, many of have speculated that it will all work out and IMO it is definitely coming to fruition...........Go RV!!!!!!!

thanks for the post..............

• Upvote 2

Two sides to this coin due to the google translation and it's fogginess in interpretation, either the .00086 goes to .86 which is good news, or as they "inject" the new smaller denominations without the 3 zeros' on them and continue to withdraw the larger denominations, the value will remain the same 1:1 meaning the 25k note will be worth 25k in smaller denominations. This is also good news. Either way it goes, I'm happy with it. I'll take .86 any day and a 1:1 as well. That's my take on it, as these articles are two sided coins to me, most of us have seen this multiple times, and if you look at the Inflation rate listed on this one it's a redundant article as 3% has been gone for quite a while, I believe they're at 1.6% or 1.7% right now. Definitely no cause for the dreaded "L" word.....lol

Wait and see, whatever the rate comes out as is what we're looking at on the initial cash in.

V

• Upvote 2

Two sides to this coin due to the google translation and it's fogginess in interpretation, either the .00086 goes to .86 which is good news, or as they "inject" the new smaller denominations without the 3 zeros' on them and continue to withdraw the larger denominations, the value will remain the same 1:1 meaning the 25k note will be worth 25k in smaller denominations. This is also good news. Either way it goes, I'm happy with it. I'll take .86 any day and a 1:1 as well. That's my take on it, as these articles are two sided coins to me, most of us have seen this multiple times, and if you look at the Inflation rate listed on this one it's a redundant article as 3% has been gone for quite a while, I believe they're at 1.6% or 1.7% right now. Definitely no cause for the dreaded "L" word.....lol

Wait and see, whatever the rate comes out as is what we're looking at on the initial cash in.

V

Folks, they can not the currency bills, its the nominal value they are talking about, from .00085 to .85.

You know this is what they have been saying all along..................................I sure hope it is not true :unsure:

The Central Bank of Iraq has announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. By the end of 2010, they intend to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes. It should be noted that the actual value of the dinar will remain unchanged. That means that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) will both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination."

This is fromhttp://www.xe.com/currency/iqd-iraqi-dinar

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1