Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV then lop or lop then RV??

marknet73

I'm a newbie to this site and I've really enjoyed some of the intelligent discussions on here. Please forgive me for my ignorance but as a dinar investor who has little understanding of the economics of all this, I need an answer to this question. What would be the economic effects of an RV then a lop versus a lop then an RV? Say the dinar RVs where 1 dinar equals 1 dollar - then as investors a lot of us become millionaires and I think the US economy and the Iraq economy would benefit a great deal as well. But say they lop the 3 zeros off first and then have an RV - in that scenario we might double or even triple our investment but nothing compared to the first example. In either case the dinar would have a much higher value, but it seems like an RV then a lop would be much more beneficial to everyone involved. A lot has happened over the past few weeks and it looks like we're getting close to the end of this ride. Can some of the very knowledgeable people on this site explain how the Iraq economy would fare in both of these scenarios and why I should be optimistic about an RV happening first? Thanx very much for your help. This is an awesome site. Go RVVVV!!!!!!!

Edited by marknet73
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

No Lop! You have to understand the gravity of the situation and where these "Lop" articals are coming from. Almost all of the articals either come from the MOF and Shabs second in command, we have not seen an artical from Shabs stating their would be a redenomination or Lop. Can they Lop? The answer is yes but they have to give people notice months in advance and if you are a believer that they will revalue in the next 30 days as I am, then this becomes a less then likely senerio. Also when a country Lops its currency its not an easy thing to accomplish because they would have to print a new currency...expensive process.

I beileve countries that change their currencies in the past have less lofty goals....Google redenomination and see how many of those countries grew their economy at a 9.3 % rate after a lop....good luck with that!

• Upvote 1

It would seem more logical that the lop and then the RV would occur. Then you don't create 35-40 million millionaires. We would still turn a great return on investment. Obviously I'd prefer your former over your later though. Either way this is a profitable investment.

Edited by ISU Sycamore
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No Lop! You have to understand the gravity of the situation and where these "Lop" articals are coming from. Almost all of the articals either come from the MOF and Shabs second in command, we have not seen an artical from Shabs stating their would be a redenomination or Lop. Can they Lop? The answer is yes but they have to give people notice months in advance and if you are a believer that they will revalue in the next 30 days as I am, then this becomes a less then likely senerio. Also when a country Lops its currency its not an easy thing to accomplish because they would have to print a new currency...expensive process.

I beileve countries that change their currencies in the past have less lofty goals....Google redenomination and see how many of those countries grew their economy at a 9.3 % rate after a lop....good luck with that!

brandedbabe, where in Cal are you located? Do you plan on using DT or your bank? Just tryin to get a better feel of where I should. I have already spoke with my BofA about it,even though they don't even have the IQD in their books("YET"). And not trying to get greedy, but I want to figure out where I won't get "taken" as hard for the rate.

DONT EVER SAY LOP AGAIN!!!!......lol

LMFAO

• Upvote 2

I would take cover if I were you.

That is one of the best honest cleanest to the point short and sweet looking after a newbie reply I have ever seen.

Ha ha aha. I am still chuckling. Poor bugger never saw it coming did he.

Tuck and roll kid. Here come the bashers.

I smell a good roast a coming.

Apologise unreservedly if you know whats good for you.

There will be no lop.

Why. Because the rest of the world wont let them thats why.

And the band played on ........ all is good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOP, LOP, LOP....... Please read the posts on LOP and Redom. There is no way they will LOP IMO and many others I would have to say. How will they justify a LOP to the hundreds plus contractors which have been paid with the new Iraqi Dinar. Their money has just became worth little to nothing. Granted at this time it's not worth much more than wall paper for your bathroom. Iraq would really upset many countries and future contracts if they all of a sudden told everyone including the Iraqi people that their Dinar is worthless and in the future it may become worth something some day. Research your question, there is so much info and of course opinions (1000's of them). Have fun reading and remember most of it's entertainment and don't read more into what your eyes see.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy. We will all smile soon.

Go RV/RI B)

• Upvote 1

:lol:

I'm a newbie to this site and I've really enjoyed some of the intelligent discussions on here. Please forgive me for my ignorance but as a dinar investor who has little understanding of the economics of all this, I need an answer to this question. What would be the economic effects of an RV then a lop versus a lop then an RV? Say the dinar RVs where 1 dinar equals 1 dollar - then as investors a lot of us become millionaires and I think the US economy and the Iraq economy would benefit a great deal as well. But say they lop the 3 zeros off first and then have an RV - in that scenario we might double or even triple our investment but nothing compared to the first example. In either case the dinar would have a much higher value, but it seems like an RV then a lop would be much more beneficial to everyone involved. A lot has happened over the past few weeks and it looks like we're getting close to the end of this ride. Can some of the very knowledgeable people on this site explain how the Iraq economy would fare in both of these scenarios and why I should be optimistic about an RV happening first? Thanx very much for your help. This is an awesome site. Go RVVVV!!!!!!!

OK YOU NEED TO DO SOME HOME WORK, GO TO THE FORUMS AND LOOK UP LOP AND YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWER. I HOPE :lol::lol:

Edited by mrref
  • Upvote 1

brandedbabe, where in Cal are you located? Do you plan on using DT or your bank? Just tryin to get a better feel of where I should. I have already spoke with my BofA about it,even though they don't even have the IQD in their books("YET"). And not trying to get greedy, but I want to figure out where I won't get "taken" as hard for the rate.

LMFAO

I'm in the High Desert. I'm my opinion VIP will have the best option for cash in and all you need to do is sign up. If that is not an option I would wait and see what happens because Ali of Dinar Trade said you call and make your appointment and he faxes over legal documents and once you sign those you are obligated to show up. Ali said $150 transaction fee for every million but as a business man I know the cbi rate will be attached to that $150...so without giving advise I would leave as many options open as possible because their is still to many unknowns....

I was told to pay you a visit

Before I go on all the information you seek is

on this site, please take the time to read it.

Removing the three 000's from the exchange rate

is what they are talking about here.

Example - current rate .00086

after RV - future rate .86

notice the three 000's are gone

they were removed from the exchange rate

not the currency. "Not a Lop"

• Upvote 2

This thread has given me some good chuckles..:)

First thing I did was go back & look up all my info on what happened when the Kuwaiti Dinar did RV.

Now I feel better and will join my ostrich friends out in the dessert, will burry my head in the sand with my butt in the air and then when I get Adams email that the RV happened will pull my head out of the sand & cluck like duck!!!! Then move forward

Till then, always be happy gang!!!

John H

OK thanx for the info guys. I've done quite a bit of homework on here and there is indeed an enormous amount of information. From what I've seen, the most plausible case is an RV of around 86 cents or slightly better. Iraq has a huge amount of natural resources to back it up plus I don't think all the countries that have $ invested there and have forgiven Iraq's debts would be happy if the currency didn't gain a significant amount in value. Things seem to be slowly falling into place but I still don't think anyone can put a definite time table on when it's going to happen. Hopefully it will be sooner than later and 2011 will be a very happy year for all of us investors. Cheers.

Edited by marknet73

:angry:

I was told to pay you a visit

Before I go on all the information you seek is

on this site, please take the time to read it.

Removing the three 000's from the exchange rate

is what they are talking about here.

Example - current rate .00086

after RV - future rate .86

notice the three 000's are gone

they were removed from the exchange rate

not the currency. "Not a Lop"

I think most of you are blinded by your desire to be millionaires and you twist everything that comes out about removing the 3 zeros to avoid the possibility of a lop. I direct your attention to the article below from February. Notice he says specifically that they are planning to remove the zeros from the currency, NOT the exchange rate. This will make it easy for current and new bills to coexist. 25,000 note = new 25 note, simple. There is no ambiguity here, in my opinion at least. They have also stated elsewhere that they want an exchange rate similar to late 70s, which would be between $3.20 and $3.50. So you are looking at a 25k note being worth about $80 US, post rv. Still a 300% return on my investment, so I'm not complaining. There is a lot of other statements that support this, but frankly if you want to continue with your unrealistic expectations of having trillions of dollars worth of dinar floating around after the rv, that's up to you. Now are they puting out all these lop articles just to throw everyone off so people everywhere aren't hoarding dinar? Doubt it, but again, you can believe whatever pipedream you want. Also note the use of the term redenomination. This is what wikipedia has to say about redenomination:

The authorities may alleviate this problem (inflation) by redenomination: a new unit replaces the old unit with a fixed number of old units being converted to 1 new unit. If inflation is the reason for redenomination, this ratio is much larger than 1, usually a positive integral power of 10 like 100, 1000 or 1 million, and the procedure can be referred to as "cutting zeroes". (sound fimiliar? deleting zeros, cutting zeros, same thing)

Here is the earlier article:

February 06, 2010

BAGHDAD -- The Iraqi Central Bank is planning to redenominate the national currency in an effort to ease transactions and allow people to carry less paper money, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) reports.

Mudhhir Muhammad Salih, a member of a Central Bank advisory panel, told RFI that a plan has been made to remove three zeros from the currency and phase out the current banknotes late this year.

Salih said by the end of 2010 the new banknotes will be fully introduced while the old banknotes will be gradually removed from circulation. He did not specify when the new notes would be issued.

Both will be legal tender in Iraq until the old notes are completely withdrawn.

Iraqi officials have had a long-running plan to redenominate the Iraqi dinar. In 2006, the Finance Ministry recommended to the Central Bank that it carry out such a plan.

Salih pointed out that banks are having a hard time accepting cash savings and deposits, but by dropping the zeros it will make it easier for both the banks to deal with their customers and for the general public to carry money. He said some 80 percent of Iraq's money supply is cash in circulation.

Salih added that in 1990 the value of banknotes in circulation was about 25 billion Iraqi dinars but is currently some 25 trillion dinars.

Economic analyst Hilal al-Tahhan told RFI that the bank's move is overdue. He said he expects the currency change to go smoothly because of the decision to allow both the old and new banknotes to coexist, leading to less turbulence in the economy.