Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

B of A NOT dealing in dinar

natjus843

went to the biggest B of A in my area today to ask about cashing in my dinar. not a "regional branch" but a multi-floor bank in a pretty major city. spoke w/ the manager, who informed me that B of A does NOT deal w/ the iraqi dinar. she said she had been asked multiple times recently, and had asked her superior, who told her the same thing. she could not give me an answer as to what would happen if/when it revalues. she said she had not heard anything about it or received any intel/memos from her higher ups detailing protocol. i have read recently on DV that they WILL be cashing in the dinar. does anybody have that as a 100% stated fact from someone in power or is it just an assumption?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

went to the biggest B of A in my area today to ask about cashing in my dinar. not a "regional branch" but a multi-floor bank in a pretty major city. spoke w/ the manager, who informed me that B of A does NOT deal w/ the iraqi dinar. she said she had been asked multiple times recently, and had asked her superior, who told her the same thing. she could not give me an answer as to what would happen if/when it revalues. she said she had not heard anything about it or received any intel/memos from her higher ups detailing protocol. i have read recently on DV that they WILL be cashing in the dinar. does anybody have that as a 100% stated fact from someone in power or is it just an assumption?

I went to Regions Bank yesterday and asked the same thing. They won't deal with it nor do they know anything about it. I spoke with the Vice President of the Bank. Nothing positive, nothing negative....just nothing! lol

I'm not too worried about banks not dealing in Dinar, whether it be buying or selling right now

Once the IQD becomes a tradeable/world market currency, banks that exchange foregin currency will recognize it

I understand people wanting to get their "ducks in a row", but until it becomes tradeable/recognized, theres not much you can do right now

Find a bank that deals in foregin currency, and when the IQD rv's/ri's, then go see em and see what they say

Thats what i'm doin

Good luck to everyone

Semper Fi

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why would anyone go to Bank of America and start probing for answers about the IQD and RV ?? You will get no info because they and most other major banks have no info to give out. A very big waste of time by many folks who are on this site !! Well, just my opinion......

• Upvote 3

Please correct me if I am wrong. Keep this in mind. Banks are only going to deal in a foreign currency if it will be profitable to the bank. Now, Iraq is off the OFAC list which mean banks are allowed to trade that currency if they wish. It is not surprising to hear everyone say that "XYZ" bank does not buy or sell dinar. Simply, because at this time it is not profitable for them. When/if the RV occurs, rest assured, banks will begin dealing in it because there will be a profit for them.

• Upvote 1

appreciate the quick response. i agree about waiting, i just am one of those ocd overprepared people and can't help it. also i do remember someone saying they were told by b of a that they dealt w/ the dinar. i specifically asked her "if it becomes a world traded currency, then will you accept it?" and she wouldn't give me a concrete answer. the one bit of good news, she explained their policy regarding foreign currency trade ins.

FOR ACCOUNT HOLDERS: you trade in at the counter, they verify it IN HOUSE, credit your account immediately, then mail it out to wherever it goes.

that is good news at least...

B of A is a major player in the world of currency trading, BUT since the currency is NOT traded on the world markets....of course they don't deal in it....NOW. When the dinar is traded on the forex, I guarranty that B of A will deal in it. This is not an assumption, it is pure fact.

Has anybody ever been told why 5/3rd bank sells dinar....I mean from the bank's corporate point of view, not somebody's opinion? How about Chase, can you buy dinar from Chase bank or Citicorp or Wells fargo? Answers to these questions would clear up a lot of things here......just sayin. If I personally knew officials from these banks, I would ask and then tell you, but I don't Somebody must however!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Please correct me if I am wrong. Keep this in mind. Banks are only going to deal in a foreign currency if it will be profitable to the bank. Now, Iraq is off the OFAC list which mean banks are allowed to trade that currency if they wish. It is not surprising to hear everyone say that "XYZ" bank does not buy or sell dinar. Simply, because at this time it is not profitable for them. When/if the RV occurs, rest assured, banks will begin dealing in it because there will be a profit for them.

Exactly....with anywhere from $20,000 to $80,000 per $million, of course they will be in on it. They would be stupid not to.

• Upvote 2

appreciate the quick response. i agree about waiting, i just am one of those ocd overprepared people and can't help it. also i do remember someone saying they were told by b of a that they dealt w/ the dinar. i specifically asked her "if it becomes a world traded currency, then will you accept it?" and she wouldn't give me a concrete answer. the one bit of good news, she explained their policy regarding foreign currency trade ins.

FOR ACCOUNT HOLDERS: you trade in at the counter, they verify it IN HOUSE, credit your account immediately, then mail it out to wherever it goes.

that is good news at least...

Dude, I don't know about that...at least not at my BofA. When I went in there last Saturday, she said they would "send" it out to be verified, with a 6-10 business day wait. Then your account will be credited. I live in SoCal.

..and no, they didn't have it in their list of currencies YET...

Edited by hspotman

I purchased Dinar at BB&T on Friday and they said they would be here this wee. As of yet, 4:00pm Thursday I haven't heard a word from them. While I was there I asked if I would be able to exchange them back to US dollars at this bank. The reply was "OF COURSE". Just a little FYI.

Thanks for all of your post!

Dude, I don't know about that...at least not at my BofA. When I went in there last Saturday, she said they would "send" it out to be verified, with a 6-10 business day wait. Then your account will be credited. I live in SoCal.

..and no, they didn't have it in their list of currencies YET...

i am posting what was said to me at my branch (in south carolina today). and not to be argumentative, but no matter how big you type nobody has said "yes i know for sure they will buy the dinar." i appreciate the opinions, especially since they favor what i want to hear, but nobody has anything concrete. i understand the concept of profitability for the bank and that they "should all accept dinar post-rv", i am just wondering if anybody has been given assurances ahead of time FROM A B OF A MANAGER.

Edited by natjus843

I asked my branch, the clerk pulled out a book and said hmmmm let's see, shuffled through the pages, found Iraqi dinar, showed me a page with BIG RED lines through old notes, pointed to the pics of new 50 + note and said these look to be the ones that we will accept. Saw with my own eyes in a B of A currency book.

Benbrook TX. B of A on 377 inside Albertsons.

Edited by MovieMaker

I purchased Dinar at BB&T on Friday and they said they would be here this wee. As of yet, 4:00pm Thursday I haven't heard a word from them. While I was there I asked if I would be able to exchange them back to US dollars at this bank. The reply was "OF COURSE". Just a little FYI.

Thanks for all of your post!

i bank w/ both bbt and b of a, and have purchased some from bbt also. they said the same thing to me. and i appreciate the reply. that is what i was looking for someone from b of a. hearing from an actual employee at the bank that they will cash it in.

Edited by natjus843

I asked my branch, the clerk pulled out a book and said hmmmm let's see, shuffled through the pages, found Iraqi dinar, showed me a page with BIG RED lines through old notes, pointed to the pics of new 50 + note and said these look to be the ones that we will accept. Saw with my own eyes in a B of A currency book.

Benbrook TX. B of A on 377 inside Albertsons.

So then MM,.....what were the pics of the old notes? And the pics of "new" 50+ notes....does that lead you to believe that they WON'T be accepting our(most of us) 25,000 notes??? That kind of worries me...........eeerrr, I guess if that's the case, then I'll have to make an appt with Ali. :wacko:

I went to 5 th 3rd bank this week and they will buy my dinar. He gave me a rate of 0.0010624. He said 1,000,000.00 after their split would be worth 665.44

eeerrr....and uh, what did you pay for that mill? Over $1000 I would think, or very close to, right? I guess this is what some have meant by "worse case scenario" you'll get back 80% of your initial investment...all-be-it 80% would be around $800. The rate they quoted you actually sucks :wacko:

Edited by hspotman
  • Upvote 1

eeerrr....and uh, what did you pay for that mill? Over $1000 I would think, or very close to, right? I guess this is what some have meant by "worse case scenario" you'll get back 80% of your initial investment...all-be-it 80% would be around $800. The rate they quoted you actually sucks :wacko:

yeah, but they are still offering to buy it. at bbt, it was $1014.00 for 950k. which works out to just slightly better than dinartrade. BUT, they took longer than they said they would, and im an impatient bastard. bottom line though, if they said they will buy it back now, im sure they will buy it back after.

Edited by natjus843

yes it sucks! I have it here on the 5th 3rd receipt that he wrote it down on. But that is what we can exchange it for right now. Keep in mind we have not had the Golden RV we are all looking for. Just was saying they will buy them.

peace

yeah, but they are still offering to buy it. at bbt, it was $1014.00 for 950k. which works out to just slightly better than dinartrade. BUT, they took longer than they said they would, and im an impatient bastard. bottom line though, if they said they will buy it back now, im sure they will buy it back after.

I'm an impatient "B" myself, lol :lol::eek::wacko:

yes it sucks! I have it here on the 5th 3rd receipt that he wrote it down on. But that is what we can exchange it for right now. Keep in mind we have not had the Golden RV we are all looking for. Just was saying they will buy them.

peace

I know...just sayin. ;)

• 1 month later...