Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Netdania - Screen shot

Logical1

I can confirm that earlier when I went to this site right after this thread was initially launched it worked fine with no "wait" message. But now, I am getting a constant wait message across the board. I do not know if that really means anything or if we are making more of it then what it really is. Fun to speculate though!!

Just to troubleshoot, I tries USD to some other currencies and any currency I try I get the "wait" message. All the default currency conversions come up fine but adding any gives the wait message.

last night ... nothing loaded not even the normal ones that do automatically....was a blank screen with 'pls hold' and it didnt load.... i checked several times over the period of an hour and had the same thing happen.... i assumed they were just having site problems.... but today... all i get is the wait on usd/iqd line......

Hmmm... well since this was posted, I've tried many times, and the same thing happens each time. Nothing. I have no wait at all. Got me to thinking, I'm up in the pacific northwest and on Pacific time. Maybe nothing more than node issues with the vast internet highway. It would be interesting to see where all of you are living who are getting the wait signal. Here is a map of the main U.S. internet nodes. When there is an issue with one of them, that can slow internet traffic in major areas of the country. I'm not saying that this is what is happening, but it could be at least part of the problem some of you are having.

post-19483-128977034279_thumb.gif

I can confirm that earlier when I went to this site right after this thread was initially launched it worked fine with no "wait" message. But now, I am getting a constant wait message across the board. I do not know if that really means anything or if we are making more of it then what it really is. Fun to speculate though!!

Just to troubleshoot, I tries USD to some other currencies and any currency I try I get the "wait" message. All the default currency conversions come up fine but adding any gives the wait message.

OK I thought you might be on to something in that the computer I am now on I had to set the USD/IQD as I had not checked netdania on this computer before, I usually use my lap top or my work computer. So I went to my laptop and loaded netdania on it and both the USD/IQD and The USD/BHD (Bahrain dinar) show wait. I am not saying that this means anything, but perhaps with the G-20 meetings and the forecast-ed re-value of multiple currencies maybe this does mean something....time will tell.

Peace

DV Family,

I check 4 different currency exchange rate sites daily... One of the currency exchange sites is now reading literally the word "wait" under each column.

Please click on the link to see for yourselves...

http://www.netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-rates-foreign-exchange/real-time-quotes/QuoteList.aspx?m=q

P.S. - You will have to type in "USD/IQD" at the bottom where it asks for instrument name to bring up that specific exchange.

P.S.S. - Like I said I check these everyday, and to my knowledge it has never read like this before and always has the regular USD/IQD rate.

Not going to predict what that means but I'll leave everyone with this.... :D :D :D

It shows that the last time is was quoted was Nov 12 - it has no current data but it does have data also, when you go to the futures tab, if u put in USD/IQD it says N/A just an FYI

Well, this not to say you guys aren't on to something. The point is the "wait" is a generic message when data isn't getting uploaded.

If you've ever tried to surf the net when football is on, for example, EVERYTHING can be slowed down. Maybe its a combination of Sunday football, and um, certain economic activity.

I'd be ok with that. smile.gif

Maynard

Thanks Maynard57 - I just tried the link again on a different computer and coincidence or not got it to show rate immediate like it always did before.

Maybe like you say too many people using the site could have definitely caused something like this wait thing to happen.

Thanks Again and God Bless.

NetDania = $1165.55 / $1172 - No issues getting the data

Oanda - IQD/USD for the 24-hour period ending Saturday, November 13, 2010 22:00 UTC @ +/- 0% - No data more recent than 11/13 @ 22:00.

Sounds like nothing has changed.

If the RV was to go into effect tomorrow, would it be showing up now on the FOREX seeing it is the start of the day?

Here is a screen shot.. Netdania has worked fine for me all day while others were complaining that the screen keeps saying Wait under different currencies.

I checked at 5:03 EST and for 7 minutes the USD/IQD pair is showing wait, and the Forex site is stating market update at 5:30 pm.

Attached is the screenshot.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Here is a screen shot.. Netdania has worked fine for me all day while others were complaining that the screen keeps saying Wait under different currencies.

I checked at 5:03 EST and for 7 minutes the USD/IQD pair is showing wait, and the Forex site is stating market update at 5:30 pm.

Where does it say anything about a market update?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post fishman...Just finished checking for myself after reading in in the news section. Can you say

RRRRRVVVVVVVVVVV :woot: T T T T T T T T T T I I I I I I I I I I M M M M M M M M E E E E E E E E E E :woot::woot:

• Upvote 1