Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Can the current Dinar currancy be discontinued?

BOBSFUN

I just called Wells Fargo Bank in Charlotte NC and spoke with the manager. He was unfamiliar with the Dinar and Made some calls for me. He called me back and said he had spoken to a person at First Citizens Bank that delt with currencies and they said that the current Dinar could be discontinued and considered worthless due to all of the scams. Can this happen? I have the new 25,000 Dinar notes and I was trying to buy more from the bank but now I am concerend. Should I be?

Thanks,

Bob

I just called Wells Fargo Bank in Charlotte NC and spoke with the manager. He was unfamiliar with the Dinar and Made some calls for me. He called me back and said he had spoken to a person at First Citizens Bank that delt with currencies and they said that the current Dinar could be discontinued and considered worthless due to all of the scams. Can this happen? I have the new 25,000 Dinar notes and I was trying to buy more from the bank but now I am concerend. Should I be?

Thanks,

Bob

Listen, anything can happen...granted...but every country, dignitary. etc is too far deep into this that if, and a big, IF, that was to happen..boy o boy....all heck would break loose.

With that being said...don't listen to that guy because like you said..he is unfamiliar with the dinar.

No worries my friend...we are almost as the finish line!

God bless you!

From my understanding, they're talking about the old Saddam Dinars

Exactly, I meant to say that in my previous post...he could have been talking about the Saddam dinar...

That's what I was thinking and hoping. I can't find any local banks selling Dinar. I am in Charlotte NC which is a huge banking city. You would think that if they were available any where, it would be here. Any advise?

Really? That is strange. I have purchased my dinar from several sources and one of them was BB&T. Check with them.

Thanks,

Bob

I hope this levels some of your concerns... (IMO and based on my experience)

Unfortunately, there is a pre-conceived notion that the "bankers" or employees of banks KNOW about foriegn currencies because it is money. However, this is far from the truth! MOST of the employees, even the managers have no clue what is going on with ANY currencies including the USD. They do not know how currency is valued, who/what determines the value and have no clue the factors that affect DV and RV. They see what they see... only their little screen... the value today, and that is it.

I am a "newbie" to this thread; however, I have done a lot of research and not from threads to make informed decisions about the IQDand other currency investments. It is an unfortunate situation that we endure when we "think" those are informed when they are not. The biggest problem IMO is not that they are not educated, it is that they (bankers) feel the need to render their uneducated opinions without telling us that they really do not know and have done no research on this subject.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Bob

No concern. How would iraq ever think they could join in with the rest of the world currency trading if they just up and said ( We are no longer going to honor our current currency ) Also this current dinar has more security features than even our own currency has.

JMHO

Thanks,

Bob

This is a perfect example of you knowing more than a bank manager. It is a shame that after calling someone else, he still could not get it correct. The Iraqi Dinar is the legal currency of the country of Iraq. Try telling them it is a scam. Especially here in a couple of days when it becomes one of the more valued currencies in the Middle East!!!

Edited by wmawhite

I just spoke with BB&T and they will process the order. It takes 3-5 days to receive the Dinar. I am on my way there. She said the exchange rate was .00104???

Thanks again,

I guess it depends on how big of a branch from BB&T it is? The three here in Sumter, sc says that they don't deal with dinar

The branch size shouldn't matter. They ordered the Dinar from another branch and they will be here in 3-5 days. It seems that a lot of bankers do not know what they are talking about. I made a purchase this morning and went back later to get more and one of the tellers there said they didn't have them, LOL. Same bank different person.

Ask them to pull up the "foreign currency order" and type in "Iraqi Dinar" next to country. They should be able to get them for you.

Good luck! :D

The branch size shouldn't matter. They ordered the Dinar from another branch and they will be here in 3-5 days. It seems that a lot of bankers do not know what they are talking about. I made a purchase this morning and went back later to get more and one of the tellers there said they didn't have them, LOL. Same bank different person.

Ask them to pull up the "foreign currency order" and type in "Iraqi Dinar" next to country. They should be able to get them for you.

Good luck! biggrin.gif

"Same bank, different person" and was still given misinformation...awesome!laugh.giflaugh.gif