Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Govt. to be formed in one month - Barzani

k98nights

New Govt. to be formed in one month - Barzani

November 11, 2010 - 03:57:54

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: President of north Iraq’s Kurdistan Region, Massoud Barzani, has told a news conference in Baghdad on Thursday that an agreement has been reached among different political forces to distribute the leading State posts, describing the step as “good,” pointing out that the “government would be formed within one month from the date of the Parliament meeting, taking place today (Thursday).”

“The Americans have have interfered to change the distribution of some posts, including the Presidency, but we say that “Mecca inhatiants know its districts better,” and the agreement achieved among the said political forces on the distribution of the said State posts are good and just for everybody, as an agreement has been reached to keep the Presidency for Jalal Talabani, the prime minister post for the National Coalition, as well as the chairmanship of the National Council for Strategic Policies and the Parliament’s Speaker for al-Iraqiya Coalition,” Barzani said.

He pointed out that the “future government shall be formed within one month from the date of the Parliament meeting (today), adding that the Chairmanship of the Supreme National Council for Strategic Straties shall be the share of al-Iraqiya, form and nature of decisions of which shall be defined by law.”

With regards to the distribution of the ministries and the share of each party, Barzani said, “It is still to early to talk about the distribution of the ministries.”

Barzani noted that the al-Iraqiya Alliance “shall bear a great responsibility through appointing the Parliament Speaker’s post.”

Talking about Kurdistan Region’s relations with Turkey and Iran, Barzani said, “Kurdistan Region shares borders with these two big states, and it is looking for building best relations with them, but on basis of mutual respect.”

SKH/SR

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=138861

• Upvote 1

Is this for real after all the hype and leaking all this crap to all the world news agencies? If this is true I think Iraq will see a civil war before they ever get a chance to meet again. We will now be way into 2011 before anything ever happens. They are already seen as one of the most corrupt countries on the face of the earth. And what has the US done to delay this and what does the great Obama have to do with screwing this all up?

Edited by Officer151
  • Downvote 1

I have learned by now that I will no longer hinge what happens on what is said, but by what has transpired. The last couple of days have been positive. I myself felt like this is the beginning of the end process of having all positions filled and seated. This will take more than one parliment meeting IMO. This is going to happen. That is where I stand. Not when it should happen. It should have happened last year according to some. I am fine with this as long as The Money RV's. GO GOI>>GO RV!!!!

• Upvote 3

I have learned by now that I will no longer hinge what happens on what is said, but by what has transpired. The last couple of days have been positive. I myself felt like this is the beginning of the end process of having all positions filled and seated. This will take more than one parliment meeting IMO. This is going to happen. That is where I stand. Not when it should happen. It should have happened last year according to some. I am fine with this as long as The Money RV's. GO GOI>>GO RV!!!!

Agreed... good attitude!

• Upvote 1

I would not get upset by this. Think about how long our govt takes to fully form, months to fill cabinet and lesser positions. This is not bad news. We only need the big boys in place to move forward. I, for one am very excited with all that is happening.