Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Iraqiya will not attend parliament before resolution of key post disputes

SteveI

Al-Iraqiya will not attend parliament before resolution of key post disputes

Wednesday, November 10th 2010 2:03 PM

cms-image-000055952.jpg

Erbil, Nov. 10 (AKnews) – The al-Iraqiya List led by former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi will not go to a court-mandated Iraqi parliament meeting on Thursday before the disputes on the key government positions are resolved, says an Iraqiya leader.Iyad Allawi‭ ‬

The blocs convened in Erbil on Monday to hold talks within the framework of an initiative launched by the president of the Kurdistan Region, Massoud Barzani, to converge the Iraqi political actors in a step to break an 8-month impasse over key government positions.

Barzani’s initiative is meant to settle disputes over the most important issues before parliament meets on Thursday when the parliament speaker and his deputies have to be chosen.

The meeting of the political blocs, according to Adnan al-Danbos, a leader in al-Iraqiya, “has achieved no significant result except delivering speeches by the actors.”

On Tuesday, a second meeting in the absence of Ayad Allawi was held in Baghdad where the Iraqi Prime Minister and leader of the State of Law Coalition (SLC) Nuri al-Maliki stressed his bloc’s commitment to the Iraqi constitution.

The Tuesday meeting concluded with all political actors agreeing to participate in Thursday’s parliament session. The third round of talks will be held on Wednesday evening in Baghdad.

“But, if the issue of the posts is not resolved today, and the al-Iraqiya list is not offered the positions it demands, then it will not participate in the parliament meeting tomorrow,” Danbos said.

Al-Iraqiya insists that it has the right to name the next Iraqi Prime Minister because the won the most votes in the March 7 elections.

“If they want to not violate the Iraqi constitution, they have to allow a democratic transition of government premiership,” he said.

Ali Adib of the SLC said the parliament session on Thursday will lay the foundations for the solutions to these issues, “because the Iraqi people are waiting for the meetings to jump-start the political process once again”

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/194681/

Edited by SteveI
  • Upvote 2

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH !!! These people are really babies in disguise since they don't act like mature adults - they just cry 'foul' and want to pick up their toys and go home !! Again, I'll say, they need to change their voting regimens. Their version of the federal Supreme Court has no teeth, it seems, because these jokers violate their laws any way they see fit with no consequence. WAH WAH WAH He11, my ex-wife and I can sort things out and come to an agreement better than these dogs can poop!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post SteveI - Lets hope the court-mandated Iraqi parliament meeting on Thursday sticks to their word.

If they do not and they let this session get postponed they will simply be feeding this government seating themselves.

Nobody wants a new election, especially none of us -

bottom line if that is what it takes to settle all this, I wish they would just get on with it.

GoRV.gif

Im sorry but with their holidays coming up right around the corner.. i believe this won't be resolved until next maybe mid Jan. They keep changing the dates.. or this won't attend etc etc.. plus everything else that needs to let loose.. and we all know that is not going to happen over night or in a day.. im not saying it won't happen but it's really not looking good for it to happen this month or next. im sure i will get some bashing and that's fine... but im not new this this and we have been down this road before... this time they added some new road detours...

be safe ... who knows maybe they will surprise us... but im keeping my feet on the ground and have put it in my head ... a next year frame of mind.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post SteveI - Lets hope the court-mandated Iraqi parliament meeting on Thursday sticks to their word.

If they do not and they let this session get postponed they will simply be feeding this government seating themselves.

Nobody wants a new election, especially none of us -

bottom line if that is what it takes to settle all this, I wish they would just get on with it.

GoRV.gif

I could not agree more. I think it is time for the courts to step in and resolve it. They are very close to doing that. This will get resolved one way or the other. I see no new elections in the near future. I will find the article, but I read that they now can take over the power to move forward. ( please correct me if I am not accurate on this)

Thank you and God Bless.

• Upvote 2

If the Kurds along with the 30 - 34 member of the List support Maliki, then it shouldn't matter what the Iraqi List does. Am I wrong in my thinking?

I am thinking along those lines too... too many people on here are so quick to get frustrated without reading between the lines. As evidenced yesterday when allawi was reported to not show up it seems he was ill... so maybe more is being made out of this than actually is happening

I could not agree more. I think it is time for the courts to step in and resolve it. They are very close to doing that. This will get resolved one way or the other. I see no new elections in the near future. I will find the article, but I read that they now can take over the power to move forward. ( please correct me if I am not accurate on this)

Thank you and God Bless.

Who can take over.......the courts??

This appears to be the same behavior that sadly I have become accustomed to seeing from these Iraqi politicians. This past month I have taken a new approch by knowing it will happen "whenever" instead of when it looks like it should happen. I am less disappointed now. I appreciate all on this site who post and dig up these articles. This is the site I have chosen as home over the others. Thanks Steve for the post. GO GOI>>>GO RV!! B)

• Upvote 3

I will find the article in our database. I was a great backup plan. I will be back in a few minutes.

I will have one of my girls verify this, but here is what has been reported. This is not my opinion but rather the Federal Courts.

"Federal Court decision in the event held by the House without the President shall be elected to parliament, because it would breach the latest addition to the open meeting that the President of Age chaired the first session only and are the election of a permanent chairman."

"To the Parliament for the court must take a firm decision about the hearing and force the masses to elect the President and not the Iraqi constitution will become a tool of political blocs."

There was an article posted November 5, 2010 that talked about this. We will continue to find more articles to help in the laws of the Federal Court. I realize this is not a lot, but more facts are forthwith.

• Upvote 2