Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This mornings rate, I paid.

RiverStyx

I have bought Dinar at the local bank, Citizens and they were going to give me 1166 to the US Dollar until they placed the order through BOA. Then BOA cut it to 1000 Dinar to the dollar I guess for their lop. This was on Friday Oct the 29th. The point that was interesting though was that Citizens bank when she pulled up their listed exchange rate on Friday was 1166.

Today Tuesday November 2nd I ordered another 250,000 Dinar through a bank back east through my mother at her branch 5th/3rd as they give a better rate. I spoke to the woman there last week as well prior to sending the money to my mothers account, she told me that the rate at that time was the same as what citizens told me. 1166 to the dollar. However this morning when My mother went in to her local branch with my brother, they called me and handed the phone to this lady. She told me that this morning the rate exchange was going to be 266.28 for only 250,000 dinar. The rate at 5th/3rd this morning was 1065. Not a huge jump but I will take any positive sign I can get.

Before this point all banks I have ever checked with were at the lower value amount of 1166 and today higher at 1065 put a smile on my face accept for the fact that I did not get as much dinar in the exchange.

After doing this I jumped on here to get a few more reads from the computer.

as of this moment:

OZFOREX is showing 1111 to the dollar. http://www.ozforex.c...y-converter.asp

FOREX has moved to from last nights 1165 to todays 1143 http://forex.trading...m%E2%8A%82=Save

XE shows a decline in dinar, raise in value this morning to .00086 http://www.xe.com/cu...&to=USD&view=1D

Great signs this morning as small as they are. Lets see if they continue.

If you plan to buy anymore check your rates with your local banks. This is definitely the best way to get them.

Side not: Most important thing that the woman at 5th/3rd told me this morning. When I requested 25, 50, and 250 dinar notes only she called the main office and was told that any of these smaller denominations were currently unavailable showing in their system but hopefully they would have some still where they fill the orders from and attain them for me. Not sure if it was the local main just out of them? We have been getting them no problems or if something else is going on. I did however wish to do my part to try to give what little I received this morning to all of you.;)

GO RV :lol::blink::unsure::rolleyes:<_<:huh::P

And Cut.

• Upvote 6

Interesting post. I'm about to open a checking/savings at WF so I have an account I can wire money to locally that I can pay "cash" for Real Estate ASAP. I usually bring about 1-2 million Iraqi Dinar notes (40-80 $25k notes) and ask my banker there if he see's anything in his system.. I"ll check again in about 15 minutes when I meet him to set the accounts up. I have my mortgage with them so I am using that bank because of the equity I have in my house, etc. It just makes sense for the short term goals I have when the RV hits. Some accounts they require a $25k USD deposit to even open up. He said once I give him the "heads up" I'm wiring $millions of USD in he will click one button and I'll be changed and good to go in their system.

Fresh

So, am I to assume based on the posts here, that it would be wise to have an account ready to go (with any national bank: Chase, WF, BOA 5th/3rd, etc) to have the money wired to as each of these national banking institutions will be able to handle the "cash-in" once the RV happens?

For months now, if you go to OZ FOREX and convert IQD to USD it has shown 1111.1 but if you convert from USD to IQD it has shown 1169 or close to that number. Switch it around and try the conversion and see what happens.

1.00 US Dollar = 1,167.80 Iraqi Dinars

1 USD = 1167.8 IQD

1 IQD = 0.0009 USD

Please note OzForex does not offer transfers

from US Dollar to Iraqi Dinar.

Mid Market Rates¹ Last Updated: 03/11/2010 @ 02:45 (Syd)

So do you want to see the numbers go up or down ( 1166 to the US Dollar)

and what do those numbers represent...

Thanks

B.

Yes when you that the dinar has gone up, you go the the screen and the numbers have gone down until they reach 0 currently on the right side of the decimal. then they climb on the left.

Down on the right up on the left mean the same thing.;)

So, am I to assume based on the posts here, that it would be wise to have an account ready to go (with any national bank: Chase, WF, BOA 5th/3rd, etc) to have the money wired to as each of these national banking institutions will be able to handle the "cash-in" once the RV happens?

I think the more accounts and the smaller deposits the better off we are. I spoke to my accountant just yesterday and he said if I am exchanging small amounts, less than 5,000 US they usually do not do a running account on my exchanges. He further stated to have multiple accounts as to reduce it even further.all legal trade it as you need it.

Side not: Most important thing that the woman at 5th/3rd told me this morning. When I requested 25, 50, and 250 dinar notes only she called the main office and was told that any of these smaller denominations were currently unavailable showing in their system but hopefully they would have some still where they fill the orders from and attain them for me. Not sure if it was the local main just out of them? We have been getting them no problems or if something else is going on. I did however wish to do my part to try to give what little I received this morning to all of you.

Did i read this right that you have been buying the low denoms no problem?

thanks for the post......

Side not: Most important thing that the woman at 5th/3rd told me this morning. When I requested 25, 50, and 250 dinar notes only she called the main office and was told that any of these smaller denominations were currently unavailable showing in their system but hopefully they would have some still where they fill the orders from and attain them for me. Not sure if it was the local main just out of them? We have been getting them no problems or if something else is going on. I did however wish to do my part to try to give what little I received this morning to all of you.

Did i read this right that you have been buying the low denoms no problem?

thanks for the post......

Yes

wow, thats great, all i have are the 25,000 notes, i wish i could buy those... would you mind telling me where?

thanks....

I found the banks that are carrying the dinar and ordered them, specified the note I wished to have. They all say they will fill what they can and finish with higher notes if lower ones are not available. Hope my last order gets lower too. They will if they have them. What I have been told by last 3 banks I spoke with. Ordered from 2 of them mentioned above.

Interesting post. I'm about to open a checking/savings at WF so I have an account I can wire money to locally that I can pay "cash" for Real Estate ASAP. I usually bring about 1-2 million Iraqi Dinar notes (40-80 $25k notes) and ask my banker there if he see's anything in his system.. I"ll check again in about 15 minutes when I meet him to set the accounts up. I have my mortgage with them so I am using that bank because of the equity I have in my house, etc. It just makes sense for the short term goals I have when the RV hits. Some accounts they require a $25k USD deposit to even open up. He said once I give him the "heads up" I'm wiring $millions of USD in he will click one button and I'll be changed and good to go in their system.

Fresh

Follow up from my post earlier:

My personal banker at WF couldn't verify a rate for me while I was there. Talking with their RE lady about the Dinar and she mentioned she was hearing a lot about it lately - friends, etc. For what it's worth the branch I'm using has only been "WF" and not Wachovia for two weeks, so they are pretty active with locals here - I'm probably the only one asking them about the dinar to be honest... I live out in the country more and don't anticipate running into too many people outside my circle of friends that happen to own this currency.

My banker said he'd check with Corporate and get back to me if he heard anything more... but they were pretty busy in there.

Thought I'd post a follow up. I'm with WF since I have my mortgage with them already and can easily "convert" or upgrade my checking/savings to the more "expensive" accounts when the RV arrives.

- Fresh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1