Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This statue is not covered by the media.

Sent to me via email:

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?

OR WHERE THIS IS?

image1u.jpg

THE STATUE

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace, now home to the 4th Infantry division. It will eventually be shipped home and put in the memorial museum in Fort Hood, Texas.

The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad .

Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country, he melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors.

Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.

To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news?

Because it is heart warming and praise worthy.

The media avoids it because it does not have the shock effect.

But we can do something about it.

We can pass this along to as many people as we can in honor of all our brave military who are making a difference

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

It is so true about the media. Fox News seems to take the biggest criticism on scaring people, but ALL news agencies do it. I HATE Fox News, but I know that they are not the only culprit. God forbid we see something positive in the media for once. Even your local news starts off with a murder, devistating accident, or some other shocking story. You never get a heart warming story anymore.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Guest azpallen

Hey Deathmonkey! I'm so glad you hate Fox News, which is more fair and balanced than any of those other liberal media networks out there.

As far as Fox News painting a negative picture, you're way out of line and your name is very fitting to your negative attitude. You missed the point

of this post by Adam. It shows that there are positive things coming out of Iraq, both from the Iraqi's and from our military.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Adam thank you for this new window of hope and admiration...I have known for some time now that many very positive things are happening in Iraq. However, the media loves to promote, death and fright stuff and anything opposite of good it seems. That statue story was very warming. I don't know about anyone else but I appreciated it. Thanks again.