Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NOT going to happen Sunday

uncs

Not trying to be Debbie Downer. I found this article and thought that I would share it so people don't get their hopes up to high for Sunday. I hope I am wrong because I just got through doing the bills:(!

Leaders of political bloc have not reached agreement yet

27/10/2010 22:23:00

Baghdad (NINA) – In their meeting held at the house of the Chief Kurdish negotiator, Rowsch Shaways, leaders of political blocs agreed to hold another meeting on Sunday.

Informed source said that the meeting did not discuss major office distribution, only general issues have been discussed.

In a press conference at the end of the meeting, Shaways said, “The blocs discussed some important issues related to authorities and how the government on national partnership is to be formed as well the authority of the National Council of Strategic Polices, which is intended to be formed in the next government.”

He added, “Next meeting will continue discussing these issues and the agenda for political leaders’ meeting, called for by Barazani.”

Rowsch Shaways and Fouad Massoum, from Kurdish blocs, Hassan al-Sinaid and Khalid al-Atiya, from the National Alliance, Baha al-Araji and Nassar al-Rubai’e, from the Sadrist Trend, Jawad Bulani, from Iraq Unit, Rafi’ al-Essawi and Salman al-Jumaili, from Iraqiya Alliance, Mohammed Tuma, from Fadheela Party and Mohammed al-Hasimi, From the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council, as well as other leaders attended the meeting. / End.

Link

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FEFDFI

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

Just saw this post from another site:

another site

Friday, 29 October 2010

The Al-Iraqiyah List has confirmed it would not participate in a

government formed by Nuri Al-Maliki.

The Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq (ISCI) stated they would not

participate in a government that does not have genuine partnership.

The Al-Iraqiyah List leader, Iyad Allawi went to the Kurdistan

region for meetings that was described as "a reconciliation visit."

A roundtable meeting is expected and is postponed till Saturday.

However, it is looking like it will not solve the issues of the

political blocs. No agreements have yet to be reached.

In regards, to the 19 point proposals of the Kurdish paper. Prime

Minister Maliki has accepted most of the proposals however, the

Kurds do not trust him to fulfill the 19 proposals. The Al-Iraqiyah

List is far better suited to accept the 19 proposals and carry them

out as the Al-Iraqiyah list has more parliament seats in the

disputed areas.

You should pay attention to the last ten days that was set by the

Federal Court to cancel the open session of the Iraq Parliament.

The Iraq Parliament is supposed to hold a session next week and

could possibly be delayed.

There was no famous video in Iraq talking about any new currency or

revaluation.

The information on the ground is the same as it was last month.

Iraqi's still struggling without jobs, living in poverty and with

out basic services.

More to follow...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't see how this gives any clear cut reasoning as to why the RV can "NOT" happen on Sunday...what am I missing?

Peace

You need government to be formed! I don't think this will RV without a governement, and from the looks of all of the non agrements still going on it does not look like this Sunday is going to happen

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Advice for newbies.... Vets! you should know this by now. Do NOT get too UP or too DOWN based on articles.... here is another one from the same day 10/27 which I haven't even seen on this forum :D;):D

LINK: http://www.rferl.org/content/Key_Iraqi_Bloc_Signals_Readiness_To_Compromise_In_Coalition_Talks/2203256.html

* Key Iraqi Bloc Signals Readiness To Compromise In Coalition Talks

Iyad Allawi’s bloc says it no longer insists on the post of prime minister.

October 27, 2010

BAGHDAD — Former Prime Minister Iyad Allawi’s Al-Iraqiyah bloc, which won the most seats in the March parliamentary elections, says it is prepared to compromise for the sake of ending the deadlock and forming a new government, RFE/RL’s Radio Free Iraq reports.

Leading Al-Iraqiyah member Jamal al-Battikh told RFE/RL on October 26 that his bloc no longer insisted on the post of prime minister and will settle for president.

He said Al-Iraqiyah had also dropped its objections to incumbent Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki serving a second term. He recalled that Allawi “has made it clear he is willing to bend, so long as such a gesture is in the interests of the Iraqi people.”

Battikh added that “we do not want another seven months of stalemate, with the various factions sticking to their intransigent positions.”

Iraqi political parties have failed to agree on the composition of a new government since parliamentary elections on March 7 in which three parties had strong showings.

But Muhsin al-Sadun, a senior member of the Kurdish bloc, said on October 26 that the Kurds’ demand to retain the presidential post is unchanged, and incumbent Jalal Talabani remains their sole candidate.

But he added that the Kurdish bloc cannot prevent someone from running against Talabani when the new parliament convenes to vote for a president.

Khalid al-Asadi, a senior official in the National Alliance comprising the two main Shi’ite blocs — Maliki’s State of Law and Islamic cleric Ammar al-Hakim’s Iraqi National Alliance — said that the alliance was still keen to include Al-Iraqiyah in any government it formed.

But he said that “if they choose to be in the opposition, the National Alliance will press ahead without them. Nevertheless, the new government will be representative of all Iraqi communities.”

Asadi predicted that “the political deadlock will end next week at the latest, as the parliament is obliged to meet to elect a new speaker within two weeks.”

Iraq’s Supreme Court on October 24 ordered the country’s parliament back to work, ruling that the deadlock that has dragged on for more than seven months is unconstitutional.

Many Iraqis hope the court ruling will serve as a catalyst to expedite negotiations between the various factions.

• Upvote 3

Look at all the negative marks on this thread, a thread that holds as much truth as any other. (All BS till it happens) That being said I have clicked to try to at least make them 0, they certainly do not deserve a - for posting an article to be sure.

Other than articles its all opinions and speculation. These posts on this particular thread do not deserve a negative even if you do not agree. A thank you gets a negative? Serious? Linked articles get a negative?

I can see saying something like you do not like what is in the post but linked? Do not discredit someone in my opinion for posting a linked story. We all know 99% of linked stories can change or be bad in an instant.

Maybe its just me but a negative should only go for rumors not someones opinion or article. That is their view and entitled to it. It does not make them a bad person. I see the minus as a discredit to the individual and I think even if they bring bad news that has not yet been seen they should get a plus. They are just doing their part in this venture to help make sure it is all seen.

Many deserve a minus for some pretty distasteful stuff and or lies or rumors but if you do not like their opinion leave well enough alone should be enough.

Just my thoughts. I plus good articles with good sources even if I do not like it to thank the person for bringing it.

Most of you probably do not care but I felt it was worth saying.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

Bringing a post is a positive contribution even if the article is negative. They brought something to the table.

That is a contribution and not everyone likes the posts. Neg the personal behavioral post, digs, disrespect, not debate.

I agree. I want to hear the good, bad, and the ugly. Then I will form my own opinion intelligent or not. :P

• Upvote 2

Bringing a post is a positive contribution even if the article is negative. They brought something to the table.

That is a contribution and not everyone likes the posts. Neg the personal behavioral post, digs, disrespect, not debate.

Good post's both of em, well thought out. I am out of plus's or i would take those negatives off you just got for standing up.

• Upvote 2

Guest Ratatap

Thats why it is hard to believe any news out there coming from Iraq. I believe it was Phoenix that said unless it comes from state departments - not the news agencies - don't bother reading it....

It will RV when it is supposed to....

GO RV !!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Or maybe is all BS so we can have an RV.

I would not be announcing to the world we have formed our govt and we are RVing on Tuesday.

I would bring in 20,000 troops to protect my banks and the people from terrorists.

I would have security in place ready to go..

The govt would be formed but not formally announced.

Move the security in place in the middle of the night and then in the middle of the night rv.

That would be logical. Announce the govt is in place..

Then play the video to the masses.

I personally would like Vanhalen singing We'll be dancing dancing in the streets...

They'll be records playing and people singing..... dancin in the streets.....

Or some reasonable facsimile.....

Don't crush the dream.. believe it is going to happen... don't believe the crap coming out its crap.

Dinosaur out.

• Upvote 2

Not trying to be Debbie Downer. I found this article and thought that I would share it so people don't get their hopes up to high for Sunday. I hope I am wrong because I just got through doing the bills:(!

Leaders of political bloc have not reached agreement yet

27/10/2010 22:23:00

Baghdad (NINA) – In their meeting held at the house of the Chief Kurdish negotiator, Rowsch Shaways, leaders of political blocs agreed to hold another meeting on Sunday.

Informed source said that the meeting did not discuss major office distribution, only general issues have been discussed.

In a press conference at the end of the meeting, Shaways said, “The blocs discussed some important issues related to authorities and how the government on national partnership is to be formed as well the authority of the National Council of Strategic Polices, which is intended to be formed in the next government.”

He added, “Next meeting will continue discussing these issues and the agenda for political leaders’ meeting, called for by Barazani.”

Rowsch Shaways and Fouad Massoum, from Kurdish blocs, Hassan al-Sinaid and Khalid al-Atiya, from the National Alliance, Baha al-Araji and Nassar al-Rubai’e, from the Sadrist Trend, Jawad Bulani, from Iraq Unit, Rafi’ al-Essawi and Salman al-Jumaili, from Iraqiya Alliance, Mohammed Tuma, from Fadheela Party and Mohammed al-Hasimi, From the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council, as well as other leaders attended the meeting. / End.

Link

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FEFDFI

Can we believe everything they say that "will happen"?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The funny or not so funny part about all of these predictions, intel, news; whatever, is that those who say it is not going to happen will actually be 100% correct (all but one set apart time). It is really not taking a chance to say it is not going to happen. That is why I really appreciate those review the information, check it against the intel, then stick their necks out to make a knowledgeable prediction. Then there are those who say it is going to happen almost every month, week, day; this does not take any effort or discernment. Someone is going to get it right one of these days, but it won't come with respectability, unless it was really backed up by some real research, intel, and intellect..

This is where It makes me laugh. People on this same page have given me a negative post becuase I said that I was laughing my but off...Another post said it will RV by NOV. 1st. I said they are absolutely nuts. I got a negative 61. Some of the same people are now on this link telling me theres no way it could happen by NOV 1st and they aren't getting anything. I'll just say I'm getting through to the people who need to save their money because it won't happen this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2