Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Everyone…Take a Deep Breath and relax.

DesertPete

I believe that we need maintain a proper perspective as to what is happening so that we don’t lose our minds or our hope.

Although it is possible that technically and legally an RV could happen before the government is seated, IMO reality says that for stability and credibility reasons the RV will not happen until the government is seated.

We have three major factions (blocs) that are at work here, the Malaki group, the Mahdi/Allawi group, and the Kurds. If it helps call them the Casa Nostra, the Godfathers, and the Goodfellas (ranked in order of how lovable they are)

Each of these groups has their own media support group and news agencies that spin things in their candidate’s direction (surprise…surprise). In fact I'm under the impression that Malaki even owns some of the media outlets. This leads to a lot of the confusion that we are having to deal with.

After the election, the Supreme Court (probably Malaki backers) rendered a decision that threw this election into a stalemate. This has produced several months of posturing and blustering by all sides trying to intimidate the others to no avail all the while the Iraqi people are having to put up with this. It could be worse though they could still dealing with Sadam Hussein.

Both internal pressure and external pressure from those who have a vested interest in (and the power to not let this fail) Iraq has forced these Bozos to the table to make a decision before someone comes and makes it for them to keep the country from imploding.

What all this has boiled down to is that the Kurds are in the driver’s seat. They are the “King Makers” because they have the deciding votes in their bloc to push things in one direction or the other. The Kurds have been the “Red Headed Stepchildren” in Iraq for decades and are now in a position to regain their place as a player in the government because they hold the trump card. Ask yourself, ”What you would do”…exactly! They are going to get everything they want and maybe then some because they have both Malaki and Allawi by the short hair. This is probably a good thing since the Kurds seem to have more sanity and a better vision than the others. And remember they know what it is like to have been on the bottom (after all, there is still justice in the universe).

Within the next few days there will be a meeting with all of them in one room so that no one can play “he said…he said”. JMHO but I believe that unless Malaki can pull a rabbit out of his b—t, he will be sweating bullets.

Once the deals are cut and everything is decided then the Parliament will meet and vote to make it official. After that business can move forward.

Not being a pessimist, because like everyone else I want this to happen yesterday. But I believe that the earliest that all this can happen (parliament in place to move forward) is two to three weeks (downhill…with the wind). I certainly hope it can happen sooner, but the way things happen over there, I don’t see how.

For what it is worth: My prediction (JMHO) on the rate will close to that of the Kuwaiti dinar. I have my reasons. But, to me, it is the only thing that makes sense.

VOTE CONSERVATIVE!

• Upvote 12

I believe that we need maintain a proper perspective as to what is happening so that we don’t lose our minds or our hope.

Although it is possible that technically and legally an RV could happen before the government is seated, IMO reality says that for stability and credibility reasons the RV will not happen until the government is seated.

We have three major factions (blocs) that are at work here, the Malaki group, the Mahdi/Allawi group, and the Kurds. If it helps call them the Casa Nostra, the Godfathers, and the Goodfellas (ranked in order of how lovable they are)

Each of these groups has their own media support group and news agencies that spin things in their candidate’s direction (surprise…surprise). In fact I'm under the impression that Malaki even owns some of the media outlets. This leads to a lot of the confusion that we are having to deal with.

After the election, the Supreme Court (probably Malaki backers) rendered a decision that threw this election into a stalemate. This has produced several months of posturing and blustering by all sides trying to intimidate the others to no avail all the while the Iraqi people are having to put up with this. It could be worse though they could still dealing with Sadam Hussein.

Both internal pressure and external pressure from those who have a vested interest in (and the power to not let this fail) Iraq has forced these Bozos to the table to make a decision before someone comes and makes it for them to keep the country from imploding.

What all this has boiled down to is that the Kurds are in the driver’s seat. They are the “King Makers” because they have the deciding votes in their bloc to push things in one direction or the other. The Kurds have been the “Red Headed Stepchildren” in Iraq for decades and are now in a position to regain their place as a player in the government because they hold the trump card. Ask yourself, ”What you would do”…exactly! They are going to get everything they want and maybe then some because they have both Malaki and Allawi by the short hair. This is probably a good thing since the Kurds seem to have more sanity and a better vision than the others. And remember they know what it is like to have been on the bottom (after all, there is still justice in the universe).

Within the next few days there will be a meeting with all of them in one room so that no one can play “he said…he said”. JMHO but I believe that unless Malaki can pull a rabbit out of his b—t, he will be sweating bullets.

Once the deals are cut and everything is decided then the Parliament will meet and vote to make it official. After that business can move forward.

Not being a pessimist, because like everyone else I want this to happen yesterday. But I believe that the earliest that all this can happen (parliament in place to move forward) is two to three weeks (downhill…with the wind). I certainly hope it can happen sooner, but the way things happen over there, I don’t see how.

For what it is worth: My prediction (JMHO) on the rate will close to that of the Kuwaiti dinar. I have my reasons. But, to me, it is the only thing that makes sense.

VOTE CONSERVATIVE!

Totally with you on the take it easy and breath part. People only look at what they want, they forget we are the small hang on part that doesn't matter to the world. We just get to be part of Gods blessing and hold on tight, cuz its comin'.

• Upvote 2

Good post, thanks.

But I'm a liberal and will die that way, sorry. What is it Churchill said, you're either stupid or heartless. I vote stupid.

Maynard

A man after my own stupid heart. Thanks, Maynard!

And thanks for the post, DesertPete. I am following your train and feel we are close, but do believe the GOI will need to be seated, all predicated on the Kurds who do indeed deserve their position. Go Kurds! Go RV!

• Upvote 2

Good post, thanks.

But I'm a liberal and will die that way, sorry. What is it Churchill said, you're either stupid or heartless. I vote stupid.

Maynard

Unfortunately stupid people are easily convinced that conservative equates with heartless. The reality is quite the opposite as truth and the dignity of the individual are core values of true conservatism. Truth may be hard at times, but never heartless.

• Upvote 5

Liberal is good and you are free to be liberal. However in this election it doesn't matter whether you are liberal or not what does matter is the the entire governing body needs changing. If liberals could just this once VOTE CONSERVATIVE you will be doing your country a service far beyond what you realize. Of our Constitution was not in such danger right now I would say vote liberal if you wish but what is at stake is well spoken by the Founding Fathers of the United States of America.

Thank you all.

Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.

John Quincy Adams

All this is not the result of accident. It has a philosophical cause. Without the Constitution and the Union, we could not have attained the result; but even these, are not the primary cause of our great prosperity. There is something back of these, entwining itself more closely about the human heart. That something, is the principle of "Liberty to all" the principle that clears the path for all gives hope to all and, by consequence, enterprize, and industry to all.

The expression of that principle, in our Declaration of Independence, was most happy, and fortunate. Without this, as well as with it, we could have declared our independence of Great Britain; but without it, we could not, I think, have secured our free government, and consequent prosperity. No oppressed, people will fight, and endure, as our fathers did, without the promise of something better, than a mere change of masters.

The assertion of that principle, at that time, was the word, "fitly spoken" which has proved an "apple of gold" to us. The Union, and the Constitution, are the picture of silver, subsequently framed around it. The picture was made, not to conceal, or destroy the apple; but to adorn, and preserve it. The picture was made for the apple not the apple for the picture.

So let us act, that neither picture, or apple shall ever be blurred, or bruised or broken. That we may so act, we must study, and understand the points of danger.

Abraham Lincolntip_hat.gif

January 1861?

• Upvote 4

Totally with you on the take it easy and breath part. People only look at what they want, they forget we are the small hang on part that doesn't matter to the world. We just get to be part of Gods blessing and hold on tight, cuz its comin'.

Thank you for your words of inspiration and the reminder to us all to breathe and allow WHATEVER GOD you may recognize & serve - Do what He does with and FOR the Iraqi's...simply put: What God has instore for the citizens of Iraq - God has even greater instore for YOU/Us as His children!tongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif ...Stand FIRM in the profession of your faith,KNOWING that God is a GOD who's Word NEVER RETURNS VOID TO HIM!! - Selah

Rev. Williamjr

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately stupid people are easily convinced that conservative equates with heartless. The reality is quite the opposite as truth and the dignity of the individual are core values of true conservatism. Truth may be hard at times, but never heartless.

Well said. I was just going to respond as such. CONSERVATIVES ARE NOT HEARTLESS.....just proves how STUPID, STUPID IS!

• Upvote 2

DesertPete, I was being somewhat facetious. Just expounding on a funny quip made by Churchill, who was known for his dry pointed humor. It was just one of those quotes that kind of sounded more profound that it actually was. :) Hope I didn't offend.

Maynard

• Upvote 1