Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RECIPE SECTION

DaveH

Since I started this, if Adam allows this section, I would guess it is up to me to organize it....post your favorite recipes here and please indicate weather it is an appatizer, or main dish etc and give it a name.

Thanks

David lol

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

CAKE BALLS

1) Bake your favorite flavored cake and let cool

2) Crumple the cake into a large bowl and hand roll balls to your preferred size

3) Soften Cream Cheese icing - flavor of choice - in micro for 15 secs

4) Roll the balls through the icing until fully coated

5) Place in freezer for 30 - 45 mins until fully formed

**This is from co-workers of mine - one always uses Red Velvet Cake with white icing, the other prefers Strawberry, etc. - Feel free to get creative** (My mother makes Rum Cakes every Christmas as gifts, she's now switching to this recipe. Should be interesting)

• Upvote 1

Ok..so I have tons of recipes that I love but will try to only post the super simple, mostly healthy and totally delicious here...

Entree

Servings: 4 Large Servings

Name: Ummmm.... Yum Yum Chicken Dinner? Names really arent my thing.

You can prepare this dish in a crock pot, in the oven or in a big skillet on the stove.

Shopping List:

4 Chicken Breasts (Bonless cooks faster but bone in is fine too)

2 Medium Onions

2 Green Peppers

1 Large Can of Tomato Sauce

Water

Salt, Pepper

Garlic (fresh, minced or even powderd all work. I prefer fresh pressed but use what you have)

Rice

Preperation:

Slice onions into fairly thin rings and put half of them in the bottom of your crock pot

Slice peppers and put half of them in the crock pot

Add Chicken to crock pot

Add the rest of the onions and peppers

Add salt and pepper to taste. (I dont measure anything but im guessing about 1 tablespoon of each.)

Add garlic to taste (I use 2 cloves)

Pour the can of tomato sauce over the top

Fill the can with water and pour that in too

Put the top on and let it cook all day long.

Fix rice according to instructions and serve the chicken mixture over the rice.

This recipe is one I use a lot because I can throw it in in the morning and its perfect when I get home. Plus, It is extremely healthy and low calorie. (the rice is your biggest killer calorie-wise here.)

**If youre going to do it in the oven or on the cook top I would cut the chicken up into smaller pieces and perhaps cook the onions and peppers for about 20 minutes before you put the chicken and tomato sauce in.

Enjoy! Let me know how it turns out!

-CarrieAnn

• Upvote 2

OK, who is brave enough to make this for their next work potluck or family get-together???? ...I'm not!!- ugh! But is sure is funny- maybe- and I've been told it's absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read first then look at the photo!

This is for all you cooks out there looking for something a little different.

WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE! COMPLETELY EDIBLE, BUT YOUR FRIENDS MAY NOT THINK SO!

CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE

On a recent visit to our veterinarian to get shots for our cat I found this recipe on the waiting room bulletin board. After recovering from hysterical laughter, I obtained a copy from the office staff so that my wife could make it, which she refused to do. I took it to work and gave the recipe to a lady at work who loves cats The pictures below show the results of her work, which looks like S#%* but it's actually quite tasty, so I decided to pass it along.

CAKE INGREDIENTS

1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix

1 box of white cake mix

1 package white sandwich cookies

1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix

A few drops green food coloring

12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"

1 NEW cat-litter box

1 NEW cat-litter box liner

1 NEW pooper scooper

Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

• Upvote 9

Bagna Caulda

In a electric pan put

1 1/2 cubes of butter

2 bottles of olive oil

2 cups of crushed garlic

3 small cans of flat anchovies

dont burn it and cook it until the anchovies dissapeer and the garlic is clear ( they provide the salt in the mix)

Now the fun stuff!!!!

Now you need to put the food below in dishes around the hot batch thats is cooking:

All the food below needs to be in bite size portions

Cut meat into 1 inch cubes ( a couple of pounds)

Cauliflower

Onion

Curly Cabbage

Purple Cabbage

Pre Cooked Shrimp

Scallops

Mushrooms

and what ever you would enjoy putting in the pan to cook.

Get a few loafs of french bread.

Now your party is ready. You can let it cook all night and all anyone has to do is put what ever they like in the pan... let it cook... then put it on top of there bread to soak the oil out.

This is my personal recipe and you have to follow all directions.. It is so gooooooooooood and fun for all. If you run out of any food just run to the store becouse the oil bath can cook all night. In the morning wake up, turn it on and throw an egg in it.

sounds weird but wow it's awesome!!!

smile.gifTHATS ITALIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlasmile.gif

OMG!!!!

I'm going to make that for our Halloween party!!!

LOL

Thank you!!!!emot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gif

Carla

OK, who is brave enough to make this for their next work potluck or family get-together???? ...I'm not!!- ugh! But is sure is funny- maybe- and I've been told it's absolutely delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE! COMPLETELY EDIBLE, BUT YOUR FRIENDS MAY NOT THINK SO!

CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE

On a recent visit to our veterinarian to get shots for our cat I found this recipe on the waiting room bulletin board. After recovering from hysterical laughter, I obtained a copy from the office staff so that my wife could make it, which she refused to do. I took it to work and gave the recipe to a lady at work who loves cats The pictures below show the results of her work, which looks like S#%* but it's actually quite tasty, so I decided to pass it along.

CAKE INGREDIENTS

1 box of white cake mix

1 NEW cat-litter box

1 NEW pooper scooper

Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

• Upvote 3

A friend of mine recently showed me how to take soft flour tortillas and put cheese in it, double over and fry each side in a 1/4 inch of veg. oil, until crispy. Take out of the frying pan, open it up and fill will sliced tomatoes, onion, ...whatever you desire.

Makes for a nice quick snack or meal on the go. You can slice up all the goodies in advance, and have everyone fill them to their on taste. Simple...the way I like it. :)

CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE

CAKE INGREDIENTS

1 box of white cake mix

1 NEW cat-litter box

1 NEW pooper scooper

:twothumbs::twothumbs: Awesome! I have to make this! What the heck are white sandwich cookies?? Vanilla oreos?

Bailey's Irish Cream

1 c. blended scotch whiskey... 1/2 c. Bacardi Rum...3 eggs...1pint 1/2 & 1/2...1 can sweetened condensed milk...1tsp vanilla...2-3 tbs Hersheys syrup, blend in blender,

(I never have to worry about this part ).........store in refrigerator.

• Upvote 2

Bailey's Irish Cream

1 c. blended scotch whiskey... 1/2 c. Bacardi Rum...3 eggs...1pint 1/2 & 1/2...1 can sweetened condensed milk...1tsp vanilla...2-3 tbs Hersheys syrup, blend in blender,

HA! This is a recipe for my coffee creamer!!!!!! ;)

Bailey's Irish Cream

great stuff puffs lol

HA! This is a recipe for my coffee creamer!!!!!! ;) you bothe are just encouraging my wife...we love this stuff when we are off work during the holidays

and she just bought some Baileys today and it is not even halloween yet lol

Spaghetti Sauce

Not mine but real good

3T olive oil

2 large onions

3 cloves garlic diced

8 oz mushrooms

1# ground beef

1# sweet italian sausage

2- 28 oz cans roma tomates

1- 28 oz can puree

1-12 oz can paste

1/2 C dry red wine

2 T dried basil

3 T dried oregeno

2 t parsley

1 t red pepper flakes

1 t thyme

1 t paprika

1 t sugar

1 t salt

1 bay leaf

Heat oil in large dutch oven at medium heat.

add garlic, mushrooms and onions and brown

add beef and sausage w.o skin

brown till no pink on meat

add tomatoes and puree

add red wine

add spices and simmer 2-4 hrs(i simmer all day pretty much)

cook your pasta of choice and serve

i have also doubled this and freeze the leftover sauce

The best Omelets ever!

This is great for camping or large family get togethers, especially if any family members are picky!

Items needed:

1 quart heavy zip lock bags (1 per person)

Sharpie pen

Large pot

Water

Eggs

"Toppings"

Chopped Ham or Bacon fully cooked

Chopped Onions

Chopped Bell Pepper

Chopped Mushrooms

Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder

Shredded Cheese

Chopped Tomatoes or Salsa (if desired)

To begin fill pot 3/4 full of water and place on high to bring to a boil. Have each person right their name on 1 zip bag, crack 2 - 3 eggs per bag and squish eggs in bag until blended. Add "toppings" desired and zip close bag. Place bag in boiling water and cook 5 -10 minutes until throughly cooked. (Mulitiple bags cook at once depending on the size of the pot) Empty omlet on a plate and add cheese, tomatoes or salsa. Disgard zip bag.... wallah no clean up! :lol:

Edited by Pockets
  • Upvote 5

DINAR BUDGET RECIPES - FEEDING YOUR FAMILY FOR UNDER $20 AND LESS THAN 30 MINS!!

FRITO PIE

Feeds 5 - 7 people depending on age of kids

2 bag fritos (buy Wal-Mart Great Value - $1 instead of $3) = $2

1 large can of Wolf Brand Chili (If you don't live in TX - any large can of hot dog chili will work) = $4

2 bags of Great Value shredded cheddar cheese = $4

1 onion = $1

1 jar jalapenos = $2

Warm chili on low while you chop the onion

Put Fritos in bottom of bowl, add chili, add cheese, then top with onions and jalapenos if desired.

Total cost = $13

Cook time = 15 mins

Bowtie Chicken Pasta

1 package of chicken tenderloins, or chicken breasts = $5

1 box of Farfalle (Bowtie) pasta = $2

2 jars of Ragu Alfredo sauce = $4

1 box of frozen Texas Five-Cheese Bread = $3

(Since we're Southern folks - we love to FRY - but you can cook the chicken any healthy way you like)

Put about 1/4 inch of veg oil in skillet and fry the chicken (season with Lawry's season salt, garlic and pepper)

Cook pasta while chicken is frying (or cooking in a healthy manner if you prefer)

Once chicken is cooked through, cube chicken

Strain pasta and add Alfredo sauce and chicken to pasta

Bake the toast while everything simmers in the pot together

Total = $14

Cook time = 30 mins

.........................................................................................

Porch Chop Night

1 package of THIN sliced pork chops with about 12 pieces of meat = $8

1 container of Italian Bread Crumbs = $2 (Found in the flour/baking isle usually)

1 box medium shells pasta = $1

1 small box of Velveeta = $3

2 cans of green beans = $2

(eggs and milk are needed also, but since they're staples I'm not adding $)

Mix 4 eggs and about 1/4 cup of milk in bowl

Sprinkle Italian Bread Crumbs onto a plate

Dip pork chops in eggs and milk, then coat with bread crumbs

Start water boiling for pasta while you're doing steps above

Put 1/4 inch of veg oil in skillet and turn that on as well

Put green beans in a pot with butter and garlic on low

Fry pork chops to golden brown

Cook shells (about 3/4 of the box) until cooked to desired consistency

Drain shells, then add a huge spoon of butter, 3/4 of the block of the small box of Velveeta, and about a cup and a half of milk, continually stir until Velveeta is melted. Add more milk if its too thick, more Velveeta if its too runny

Green beans are done when they're at desired temp, so food is ready to plate

(For best results cover the entire plate with Louisiana Hot Sauce!!!!)

Total = $16

Cook time = 30 mins

..................................................................................

Penne Pasta Night (in the event that you're bored to death with Spaghetti at this point)

1 box of Penne pasta = $1

1 package of 1lb ground beef = $4

1 large jar or 2 cans of pasta sauce - flavor of your choice = $4

1 bag of mozerella cheese = $2

1 box of Texas Five-Cheese Toast = $3

Cook 3/4 box of pasta to desired consistency

Brown hamburger while pasta is cooking, then add pasta sauce (add more spices to sauce if desired)

Drain pasta then add meat and sauce

Bake the toast while the pasta and meat sauce are simmering together

Plate the pasta and put mozerella cheese on top or Parmesian cheese if you prefer

Total = $14

Cook time = 30 min

..................................................................................

Those are far from true chef recipes, but if you have a huge family, small budget, and need to cook fast so that you can get back to surfing the DV site, then you can't go wrong with any of the above. Happy eating and God Bless!!

SPECIAL CHICKEN SALAD

6 to 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

1 Cored but NOT peeled Golden Delicious Apple, Finely Chopped

1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans

1/4 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar

Mayonnaise

Croissants

Boil Chicken until done. While chicken is boiling, core and chop apple and put in bowl. Add chopped pecans to bowl. Set in refrigerator When chicken is done, remove from pot, and put in freezer to cool down enough to handle. After twenty minutes remove chicken from freezer, and bowl with apple and pecans from refrigerator. Cut chicken into small chunks/cubes (sometimes it falls apart anyway) . Add to bowl. Add brown sugar. Next add mayonnaise. Now be warned, it will take alot of mayo, I have used nearly half a jar before. Just put what you need to stir it good, and have it moist. It will moisten more as it sits in the fridge.

When it has had time to chill (about 20 or 30 minutes) Take a croissant and cut it open. Add chicken salad and fold over. Cut in half for easier handling, and enjoy.

I got this from a deli next door to where I used to work about 6 years ago.

• Upvote 1

Bailey's Irish Cream

You Rock Puffs..gonna save me a bunch of money this winter...LOL

PP Baileys and coffee :lol:

gonna try it this weekend

• Downvote 3

THE SOUTHERN BAD AZZ BURGER

Mix 1/2 lb of ground beef and 1/2 lb Chorizo (mexican sausage - use italian sausage if you can't find chorizo in your area) together - 1 lb makes about 6 huge burgers = put burgers on grill

(Cook about 7 mins on each side)

Slice up 2 onions and put in a skillet with a jar of sliced jalapenos - add 1 cup of brown sugar to skillet = saute everything together

Put a cup of mayo and 2 cooked red chilis in a blender and blend

Toast large onion buns

Before pulling off the grill, add a large 1/4 inch slice of Queso oaxaca - a white mexican cheese that melts thick like mozerella

They are finished when the cheese has melted down over the sides of the meat

Put the spicy may on the toasted buns, add the meat, then top with the onions and jala mixture

Serve with any side you like

Put out a TIP jar, cause you will be impressing the party

The Very Best Carrot Cake Ever

Ingredients:

3 eggs

3/4 cup buttermilk

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 cups shredded carrots

1 cup flaked coconut

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice

1 cup raisins

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 9x13 inch pan.

2.In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

3.In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.

4.In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins.

5.Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well.

6.Pour into prepared 8x12 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Check with toothpick.

7.Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.

• Upvote 1

Pot Roast Recipe

3# Choice Chuck Roast

2# Bag of Baby Carrots

6 Medium Peeled Potatoes

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 small Can Beef Broth

6 Cloves of Garlic

1 pouch of Lipton onion soup mix

Directions:

Put the vegetables on the bottom of slow cooker along with the mushroom soup and broth. Also stir in the soup mix into the bottom ingredients.

Take your roast and put six slits on the top of the roast and space them out and put in your garlic cloves into these slits.

Put the roast on top of the vegetables and cook for 8 to 10 hours on slow or till ready.

Pockets - your idea on the omelets is fabulous. We participate in a yearly fundraiser where we provide breakfast & lunch offerings. We're familiar with walking tacos and breakfast burritos, but in all my years of camping ... I'd never heard of this one. It's so simple. I can't wait to suggest it when the next event rolls around! Thanks for the idea, Karen