Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UNSC no lifting of chapter 7 without GOI

zantac

Probably posted before but I have only added what I believe to be the carrot in front of the donkey for GOI & Iraq in general.

You seat the Government we will lift the sanctions

Link

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/site/c.glKWLeMTIsG/b.6155925/k.41BB/August_2010brIraq.htm

Council and Wider Dynamics

Council members generally view UNAMI as an important element of overall support to Iraq and favour the extension of the mission’s mandate. However, most Council members remain concerned over the delay in forming a new government following the 7 March elections in Iraq. Members appear to agree that no major changes to UNAMI’s mandate should be made at this time.

Most Council members seem to view Iraq’s work on a post-DFI successor mechanism positively, although many are sceptical of the desirability of extending any immunities past the end of this year. With regard to resolving other outstanding Chapter VII issues such as disarmament and Iraq/Kuwait issues, Council members seem to remain hopeful that increased progress is likely after the formation of a new Iraqi government.

There you have it, no GOI on the bench no Chapter 7 lifted

Its just a matter of time, sadly Iraq is taking the P*SS

• Upvote 2

Probably posted before but I have only added what I believe to be the carrot in front of the donkey for GOI & Iraq in general.

Link

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/site/c.glKWLeMTIsG/b.6155925/k.41BB/August_2010brIraq.htm

They all have fat paychecks, safe homes, clean water, AC, and electricity. Why would they be in any rush? No pressure on them to do the right thing-

Wait, wait, don't confuse me with the facts. The GET TEAM told me that the GOI was seated and Chpt 7 was lifted....just yesterday. You mean they changed it all back today? Say it ain't so.

Here today, gone tomorrow. If the RV comes and goes that fast, we are all in trouble.

Link

So true !!

Here today, gone tomorrow. If the RV comes and goes that fast, we are all in trouble.

Speaking of tomorrow, I wonder if they're still going to display the video? Friday the 22nd right? Has anybody heard anything on that as of yet? Should be one thing we need to look for tomorrow.

V