Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq PM Maliki predicts new govt 'very soon'

sunshinelvr

Iraq PM Maliki predicts new govt 'very soon'

CAIRO (AFP) – Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, in Cairo on a regional tour to rally support for his candidacy, said Wednesday his country would "soon" have a new government, seven months after an inconclusive poll.

"Discussions are taking place, we are now at the end of the tunnel, at the end of the road," Maliki told reporters after a meeting with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

"If God allows, this government will emerge soon," said the premier, who flew in to Egypt late on Tuesday after similar visits to Iraq neighbours Syria, Jordan and Iran.

Maliki has been fighting to retain his post after a March 7 general election which produced no clear winner.

His Shiite-led State of Law bloc finished a narrow second behind the Sunni-backed Iraqiya group of former prime minister Iyad Allawi with whom Maliki is locked in a protracted battle for the premiership.

Maliki said he and Mubarak had discussed the role of Egyptian companies in the multi-billion-dollar reconstruction of Iraq.

"We need to have agreements with friendly countries for them to be partners of Iraq in the reconstruction process," he said, pledging to cut the red tape for Egyptian firms doing business in his country.

Insecurity is "a phase which we have passed," said Maliki, vowing to ensure "100 percent" security at the workplace.

He said the rebuilding of war-battered Iraq required a strong government at the helm in Baghdad and one with "developed relations with neighbouring countries, with brother countries, and solid political relations."

Iraq wants "friendly countries to stand by our side, but at the same time we do not want anyone to interfere in the process of forming our new government," said Maliki, calling for "impartiality" and "balance" from outside states.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101020/wl_mideast_afp/iraqegyptdiplomacy?

How many times have we heard this from these clowns? They are saying "Soon" again. Oh brother....hope it's actually real this time, but won't hold breath. Thx for the post!

Right, well whats a little different though is the typical talk is now on yahoo news....it may not mean anything, just sayin....

I've been invested in Iraqi Dinar for 3 years now. I have COMPLETE CONFIDENCE an RV will occur and we will all be grateful we stuck it out! It is all about timing and compromise with the GOI now. I have noticed a lot of people predicting this weekend or next or before November, etc. Nobody knows (well God does-He knows all things)! Not even Maliki or Allawi or Mahdi or the Kurds or the CBI know when exactly it will all go down. There are a lot of indicators that point to 'soon', but we just have to wait it out and hope that the best man for the people will be appointed to head the government. It may take some more time, but they need what is best for the Iraqi people! Having said that, I believe that the sooner the better for the GOI to be seated and an RV soon to follow; this is what is best for the people and the country of Iraq. They need this to curb any more civil unrest and/or any further chances for murphy's law to kick in.

I've been watching this forum for 5 months now, and I appreciate all the insight and positive news and information. It keeps me confident. It will occur!

By the way, please. . . no more whiners. <_< A thousand bucks is not a big risk for the return. Some on here sound like they invested their life savings---maybe they have, but every reward comes with some risk. And this investment is very low risk and looks to produce unprecedented reward!!! Go RV!!! :D