Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DING!

chanele22

So here's the imaginary scenario: ( for all who are employed )

You're at work just chugging along through the hustle and bustle of your daily job when all of a sudden you get a phone call. The person on the other end seems frantic, out of breath and can't speak. Immediately you think this is some kind of emergency then you hear " THE DINAR RV'D THE DINAR RV'D "!!!

What would you do in that moment? Would you grab your coat and keys and flip off your boss on the way out the door? Would you stay and honor your work commitment for the day? Would you stay working until all transactions were complete because you enjoy your job?

Although I am younger, as of recently I have decided to make a career change after 25yrs in the same business, something I'm very excited about but very nervous about. I currently am finding it difficult to get through this last month of work, so as the time draws closer for a possible RV, I asked myself this very same question and I was surprised at my answer. Although I'm burnt out from my career, If I got that call, I would stay for a few weeks until I knew that they had someone to replace me. That's just me and that's what brought up the idea of asking all of you the same question. I would be very interested in knowing. :D :D :D

• Upvote 1

Immediatley call up dinar trade on your office computer....make all the phone calls you need to make.....kick back for a while, no need to rush anywhere....then let your boss know that they are gonna need someone to replace you tomorrow

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've got my post Rv plans in the ready......investments and insurance needs among them. So, I would not quit my job immediately, nor would I recommend that to anyone who must work for a living now. If you are already financially secure, that puts you in a different category with more options.

I think everyone should think this out beforehand, make a plan with options to account for different RV values that should include a low to high range with various timelines like next month up to 3 years or longer......waiting for the RV to happen before thinking about what you will do afterwards is poor, very poor planning!

One thing is for sure, however......my current job is very stressful and it definitely would remove some of the stress knowing that I only have a short time to deal with it. Some attitude may creep into the job......

Chanele22, Good for you.. The 2- week notice is the right thing to do. This says a lot about your character as a person. This is the problem with a lot of society and todays working generation, they have no work ethic. You will be successfull, and make a good rich person. That's my moto and I drilled into my children and my employees heads, do what's right and most of the time good will happen for you. Besides if you do what is right it is easier to sleep at night.

• Upvote 6

Chanele22, Good for you.. The 2- week notice is the right thing to do. This says a lot about your character as a person. This is the problem with a lot of society and todays working generation, they have no work ethic. You will be successfull, and make a good rich person. That's my moto and I drilled into my children and my employees heads, do what's right and most of the time good will happen for you. Besides if you do what is right it is easier to sleep at night.

There is no 2 week notice in my line of work. Once you have decided to leave, they will put ypu on the next flight out of here, you have just become a liability. Of course it is considered a war zone, that might have something to do with it.

• Upvote 2

I would give my employer at least a 60 days notice, once the funds have been place in my account(s). I can't just jump up and leave 1,800 employees with out a nurse waiting for them to find a replacement. I like my job and employees to much to abandon them. It will be hard to leave but easier to enjoy retirement.

• Upvote 2

You've got an exceptionally nice boss, if you think giving two weeks notice is not going to affect their attitude towards you....i've seen far too many cases where you will be asked to leave immediately....those are the realities today

• Upvote 2

First of all...I would still work because I "almost" love my job and I am a IT Analyst..

Second, when I find out that it RV'ed, I would try to come up with a excuse to leave work and go to my wife's job and surprise her and tell her..

Then, most likely call out, I know that is bad, but call out for the next 2-3 days or so, so that I can get everything in order.....

That's it in a nutshell, but of course it is more detailed then this, but I don't have time to write a book!laugh.gif

You've got an exceptionally nice boss, if you think giving two weeks notice is not going to affect their attitude towards you....i've seen far too many cases where you will be asked to leave immediately....those are the realities today

If that was for me, then yes, I have exceptionally nice bosses. I have given that company my all for so many years and in return they give me the respect and actually more lead way than other employees. I have given my resignation however if I was to walk in there tomorrow and say " oh I have decided to stay until December " they wouldn't blink twice about it. They love me to much to be mean to me or give me attitude hahaha. I'm just lucky to have been blessed with such understanding management.

Kudos to all of you that would give notice. Longhornlove, I understand, every situation is different. Some employers would tell you, that's OK you can go ahead and leave.. But at least you tried to do the right thing. You offered. I've had employees I didn't make them stay, a lot of times it does more harm than good with the other employees. You just don't want to leave them in a bind, they gave you a job when you needed one.

• Upvote 1

If I was still working for a former employer,

I'd walk out as soon as I hung up the phone.

Before anyone makes a comment on my work ethic,

there's a reason why walking out isn't a big deal.

This company does it's yearly lay-offs the week

before Christmas.

Wouldn't you find it easy to walk out too...?

The only reason I was laid off the day after

New Years was because I was finishing a project

that nobody else wanted to touch.

• Upvote 4

before Christmas.

Ok , I'll be honest, if a company can do that to their employees, that may be a situation where I "may" walk as well. :angry:

before Christmas.

Yeah, I would totally agree. We all have our reasons for our actions. Only us to judge right?

Actually....I would wait till after I see my tax guy so I know how much I have left over to deal with. Then I'll make up my mind about work. I'd definitely still do my career(as I stated above) because it allows me to meet great people, I just wouldn't do it nearly as much.Taxes are gonna be a very big part in this decision,not to be taken lightly.

I will probably just quit. I have seen my employer fire and lay off people with no notice I don't feel I owe them that much. I am close to being laid off myself and if they do lay me off I know there will be no notice.

The wife and I have enough Dinars that we can live off the interest for the rest of our lives.

Well since I am my own boss and I work out of the house, I guess it would go a little like this.

1. I would run around my home screaming fall all to hear. (My dog, cat and kids hampster)

2. I would then have to change my clothes. ( RV happend enough said on that) :blink:

3. I would then look at my Boss (which is me) and tell my self to go get #!%&*$ and that I am retiring!!!

4. I then would go and piss on my desk!! What the hell, I am rich now and can bye a bigger and better one.

5. Then I would have to repeat #2, don't think explanation is needed. Thank God for the new 3pk of underwear. :huh:

6. Then just for the hell of it, repeat #3.

Hope this sums everything up for you. I do think it is great that most of you would stick it out and give your employeer a chance to replace you, that is what this country is made of "Good Hard Working American People"

Have a great day and make sure you smile, it makes everything so much better. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Well since I am my own boss and I work out of the house, I guess it would go a little like this.

1. I would run around my home screaming fall all to hear. (My dog, cat and kids hampster)

2. I would then have to change my clothes. ( RV happend enough said on that) :blink:

3. I would then look at my Boss (which is me) and tell my self to go get #!%&*$ and that I am retiring!!!

4. I then would go and piss on my desk!! What the hell, I am rich now and can bye a bigger and better one.

5. Then I would have to repeat #2, don't think explanation is needed. Thank God for the new 3pk of underwear. :huh:

6. Then just for the hell of it, repeat #3.

Hope this sums everything up for you. I do think it is great that most of you would stick it out and give your employeer a chance to replace you, that is what this country is made of "Good Hard Working American People"

Have a great day and make sure you smile, it makes everything so much better. :rolleyes:

My husband is self employeed and I really think he will do the exact same thing as you.

I've already decided, at least for me, the best idea as to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for about a week. No big expenditures, no career decisions, no investment moves that can be postponed.

I've read too many horror stories associated with this sudden wealth syndrome, and I wanna be sure I don't end up going down that road.

Maynard

Until the funds are in my bank account, I'm not taking anything for granted. Once I have the funds in my possession, I'll kindly let my employer know that I will be retiring. I'll go over everything that I'm working on with my boss and see if he has anything he needs me to do before I leave. That's how I envision it going but we'll see.....Hopefully sooner than later!