Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

papajack RUMOR

FMCC

yOU HAVE GOT TO BE A NEWBEE. IT WILL NEVER START THAT LOW!! .33 , come on ,think about it. If it were to RV that low, then every Tom ,**** , and Harry would buy , buy, and buy again after the RV, and wait for it to rise!!! OH, and rise it will. 143 billion of oil says so!!!!!!!

If ya think about, technically, you're still a newbie also. Me too, I just talk a lot. :D:D:D If it would come in at .33, that would suck because then I would be waiting for my NEW dinar to come in after I cashed out and bought more. (as you suggested meat)

That's the problem Scotty. You are stating an opinion. There is factual documentation that Iraq can and will reinstate the Dinar to anywhere between $1.13 up to $3.20. If they come in to low the speculators will get a hold and cause severe harm to the economy.

Thoes numbers sound so good but I need to keep my mind with in reason.If it doesnt lop and comes in a 3cents I will be as happy as a gofer it soft dirt.3dollars just blows my mind.I guess im a dumb ass but I did invest almost a years pay in this to make a decent profit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If they come in to low the speculators will get a hold and cause severe harm to the economy.

Precisely!

The IQD must RV to be at least consistent with other oil producing currencies in the region. If they come in lower than what the world knows they can produce it will be economic suicide. The speculators and other countries will own them and it will take them forever to recover. Much better to come in with a rate that may be a bit high yet sustainable then let the market stabilize the rate. This will serve to precipitate the cash in and remove the 25,000 and 10,000 notes from circulation. This will also help to stimulate investment in Iraq and will create a ripple effect helping to shore up the value of other world currencies, that are pegged to the dollar, including the dollar, since the demand for the dollar will rise at least temporarily. Besides the more powerful people who are in control of this event will gain more than you and I ever dreamed of. They have done this before.

• Upvote 2

Precisely!

The IQD must RV to be at least consistent with other oil producing currencies in the region. If they come in lower than what the world knows they can produce it will be economic suicide. The speculators and other countries will own them and it will take them forever to recover. Much better to come in with a rate that may be a bit high yet sustainable then let the market stabilize the rate. This will serve to precipitate the cash in and remove the 25,000 and 10,000 notes from circulation. This will also help to stimulate investment in Iraq and will create a ripple effect helping to shore up the value of other world currencies, that are pegged to the dollar, including the dollar, since the demand for the dollar will rise at least temporarily. Besides the more powerful people who are in control of this event will gain more than you and I ever dreamed of. They have done this before.

What is your guess at the rate DesertPete?

Precisely!

Other oil producing currencies like Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, both of which are around $.27?

• Upvote 2

This was emailed to me today. It looked interesting to me.

papajack

zzz Member

If you combine the news and rumors and presume that the rumors have some truth to them I believe we have the PERFECT STORM for an RI this Friday.

First there is no way the government will be formed but does that really matter? Not if the IMF follows through on their threat.

What about all of the contracts that have an effective date of 10/10/10 with the new rate of $3.20?

It was supposed to happen last Friday but didn't because Maliki got mad and left the country?

It is now close enough to the elections that investors won't have enough time to help republican campains if Obama is holding back for that reason?

Tax cheat Timmy was just on National Public Radio saying China and OTHER EMERGING COUNTRIES (IRAQ) need to bring their currencies on a par with the rest of the world?

The bank rumors abound and the banks are closed here on Monday for Columbus Day?

This might just be it.

Since I have about 2000 +'s I guess I can take a few minus's, but there is 0% chance it happens tomm. and a negative 86% chance its $3.00 +. lol. folks this will happen, but it will not happen tomm, and we will never see $3.00 while we have this in our possession. everyone should be realistic, and make realistic plans........

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Other oil producing currencies like Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, both of which are around $.27?

The king of Saudi Arabia signed a contract years ago with the US to only take dollars to when they sell their oil (to anybody). This helps to create demand for the dollar and help to stabilize and support it. In return the US guaranteed to keep the King in power. Therefore virtually ALL business done in Saudi Arabia is done in dollars. Their dinar is virtually useless even in their own country.

The real value of the Iraqi Dinar should be closer to that of Kuwait. Iraq has way more proven oil reserves than Kuwait with a very low relative production cost (i.e., Jed Clampett). All they need is a stable environment and the infrastructure (pipelines, etc.) to get it to market. Establish a stable government and a relatively safe working environment and they will be able to sustain a rate close to that of Kuwait or higher in relatively short order. This is what the world knows and what the world is literally banking on.

• Upvote 2

No way!! not at 3.20 I might happen but it wont be over .33 Iraq can not support a $3.20 RV

With extractable oil reserve estimates up by 25% and gold at $83, there's no way it will come out at $.33 The Iraqis are too proud to come out that low. This is a major statement of strength by them to the world IMO.

• Upvote 1

The king of Saudi Arabia signed a contract years ago with the US to only take dollars to when they sell their oil (to anybody). This helps to create demand for the dollar and help to stabilize and support it. In return the US guaranteed to keep the King in power. Therefore virtually ALL business done in Saudi Arabia is done in dollars. Their dinar is virtually useless even in their own country.

The real value of the Iraqi Dinar should be closer to that of Kuwait. Iraq has way more proven oil reserves than Kuwait with a very low relative production cost (i.e., Jed Clampett). All they need is a stable environment and the infrastructure (pipelines, etc.) to get it to market. Establish a stable government and a relatively safe working environment and they will be able to sustain a rate close to that of Kuwait or higher in relatively short order. This is what the world knows and what the world is literally banking on.

I'm familiar with the petrodollar, and I'm not disputing your point. But there is a misconception among many here that the currencies of the region are similarly valued. They're not. Syria's is around 2 cents. Saudi, Qutar, and UAE are around $.27. Oman is around $1.43. Bahrain is around $2.70. The dinar might eventually float up to the range of the Kuwaiti dinar but I doubt that will be the rate upon RV. Whatever the rate is will be determined by the market based on Iraq's money supply, oil reserves, and anything else that is usually factored in to a non-fiat currency's value. It will not be determined by Iraqi pride or the perceived need to fit into the value range of its neighbors as many hear insist.

• Upvote 5

LOL @ .33. Can you say SPECULATORSDESTROYCURRENCY??

I like that newbs are into the investment but clearly most have not done their homework. I'm sure not doing it for them.

Well Double R...let's help'em out a little...

A picture is worth a thousand words...!

There is speculation that Iraq will be the "mirror image"

of Dubai. It's all about that OIL. And there is an ocean

of it beneath Iraqi soil.

Dubai 1990:

dubai-1990-1.png

Dubai Today:

dubai-creek-by-louan_mg_220.png

• Upvote 1

No way!! not at 3.20 I might happen but it wont be over .33 Iraq can not support a $3.20 RV

Hey Scotty - If you combine your posts, you just might break the record for most negatives, LOL. Seriously, have you not been reading the news lately? They can very easily afford the $3 range (not that it will happen, but they can absolutely afford it) and they want to set the benchmark for the middle east. This RV is not solely based on liquid funds available, but the black gold and natural gas that we don't yet see. They have no desire to remain the ugly stepchild any longer, they have been that for years now. The time is more than right for them to RV at a comparable rate, and I believe we will see it soon enough. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

I'm familiar with the petrodollar, and I'm not disputing your point. But there is a misconception among many here that the currencies of the region are similarly valued. They're not. Syria's is around 2 cents. Saudi, Qutar, and UAE are around $.27. Oman is around $1.43. Bahrain is around $2.70. The dinar might eventually float up to the range of the Kuwaiti dinar but I doubt that will be the rate upon RV. Whatever the rate is will be determined by the market based on Iraq's money supply, oil reserves, and anything else that is usually factored in to a non-fiat currency's value. It will not be determined by Iraqi pride or the perceived need to fit into the value range of its neighbors as many hear insist.

Valid and credible arguments as well as educated guesses certainly abound along with gut feelings, hope and dreams...only certain people know for sure...and they are not talking, yet. Only time will tell. I, as I am sure all here do, hope for the best and for the optimum outcome in both short term and long term for us investors, the US, the Iraqi people and the world in general.

Edited by DesertPete
  • Upvote 2

Hey Scotty - If you combine your posts, you just might break the record for most negatives, LOL. Seriously, have you not been reading the news lately? They can very easily afford the $3 range (not that it will happen, but they can absolutely afford it) and they want to set the benchmark for the middle east. This RV is not solely based on liquid funds available, but the black gold and natural gas that we don't yet see. They have no desire to remain the ugly stepchild any longer, they have been that for years now. The time is more than right for them to RV at a comparable rate, and I believe we will see it soon enough. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

LOL lets just see how low I can go lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

with 27 IDQ trillion in circulation (23billion USD approx. at todays rate of exchange ) times $3.00 USD makes it $81 usd trillion worth of IQD in circulation ......... Is this too much to be in circulation...............?

what do they base the rate on anyway....(reserves= oil, natural gas, gold, labor force, and current holdings.......if you count all the oil (505 billion barrels) muliply at $50 USD per barrel it equals $25,000,000,000,000 (25 trillion) ..........where's the other $56 trillion................?

Someone did their homework. I think the over 2 people are just dreaming and hoping. Sure Iraq wants to get up over 2 but even the IMF knows that will not come until the 3rd or 4th bump and that could take at least 2 years after RV. I have no idea where the 3.30 former rate cames from I guess Saddam? I have been invested and on the ground for over 5 years and the people who have been here dealing with locals for that long are really disapointed in thier progress. We would really be shocked if it goes anywhere around 1 on the RV. .50 to .80 would be a plesent surprise. Under .50 more realistic. They The GOI are not complet idiots and know how much is out there, and that has them hesitant to pull the trigger.

I am so thankful that new members can come on here and show us the way through this investment. I must have be so wrong with all my reading for the past year and a half. Well I am glad that I will get this much, thanks for your insite although you do not give any analysis or facts to back up your claim. I guess that this means I get one less room on my beach house, I will learn to live with it.

• Upvote 2

Hell, I thought this was the "Rumor", but apparently, there are a lot of people that are taking Scotty1967 a little too seriously. Is his 'opinion' at $.33 so much different from someone else stating $1.17 or $3.20 or like I read yesterday, $5.18? Geeze people, give the guy a break. Kudos to you Scotty1967, you seem to be taking the bashing very very well. One more thing, just becuase someone's "joined date" is recent does not mean that he/she is new. Take the post above mine from 'apilot'. apilot said that he/she has been reading about this for the past year and a half, but has a 'joined date' of Oct 2009, so although apilot was a "newbie" in Oct 2009, he/she really wasn't new to the Dinar. Not everyone on here will give exact and accurate information, that's why it's a Rumor section. Like others on here, I've been in Iraq since 2004 and I've been holding my Dinar since then, but I do not follow all the topics and research for information often. Why? because when it does RV, there will be so many people quitting and leaving Iraq, it will be evident that it happened. I leave all the "technicals" to the more finacial educated people to handle, so in the case of the RV, consider me a sheep and lead the way. Personnaly, I'll cash in everything i have at $.10 and anything higher is just more of a blessing to me.

• Upvote 1