Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Phoenix Update: October 3rd 2010

Phoenix

I am very interested to know how you came to the conclusion that speculators would get $25,000 USD for our $25,000 IQD notes while it lops in Iraq (assuming a $1=$1)? Why would the CBI not just lop everyone except for govts which hold IQD? Thanks

You may have misunderstood.

What happens here will also be the same in Iraq...with the exception of the Iraqis getting the new lower denominations.

It is not a true LOP it is something novel.

To break it down more all of the following will happen at the same time with one announcment:

1. The Iraqi Dinar revalues.

2. The lower denominations are placed into circulation.

3. The higher denominations are called in with a time limit.

So the IQD revalues..the lower denominations are put out and the higher denominations are called in and are replaced in Iraq with the new lower denominations.

I hope that answered your question.

Phoenix

Edited by Phoenix

katy21

I guess you do not understand the concept of the oil and natural gas reserves that Iraq has? That is what would support an increase to the value of their money... If they increase the value of their money they also increase their buying power, which would increase the speed at which they can build and create infrastructure to support the local populace. If their money gets a modest value of $2 for every dinar they can then afford to create new power plants and water facilities at a much faster rate than if they leave their money at its current value.

Let me give you an example about the value to support the increase to their currency.... If they have 300 billion barrels of oil in the ground and say each is worth $50 (a very low estimate) and currently with their old infrastructure they pay about $1.50 per barrel of oil to produce it for selling. That would be roughly $48.50 profit from each barrel of oil.... Now let’s look at this 300,000,000,000 X 48.50 = $14,550,000,000,000 profit just from oil not including their natural gas reserves... If you cannot count that would be roughly 14.5 trillion dollars profit from 300 billion barrels of oil....

I hope this clarifies for you where the value increase would come from...

Iraqi Vet05-07

• Upvote 2

With that little ti-bit of information, the rate will be $ 1.17 for us, and $ 3.22 down the road after the high demons are turned in? or am I reading that wrong. Thanks for the post, Most informative as always. :)

Was this question already answered? If so, I apologize for missing it Phoenix. Anyone?

What happens here will also be the same in Iraq...with the exception of the Iraqis getting the new lower denominations.

To break it down more all of the following will happen at the same time with one announcment:

So the IQD revalues..the lower denominations are put out and the higher denominations are called in and are replaced in Iraq with the new lower denominations.

Phoenix

Do I remember you saying earlier in this thread that this could take place tomorrow? I'm sorry, I have been in the midst of moving all day(packing up boxes), while at the same time trying to read and respond in this post, while at the SAME time taking care of a very hyper Maya all day!! WOW am I ever tired, and I really don't feel like reading through this whole thread again to find this answer. So if you don't want to answer, I will find the time tomorrow inbetween all the days events and read it again.

Thanks,

Mel

katy21

I guess you do not understand the concept of the oil and natural gas reserves that Iraq has? That is what would support an increase to the value of their money... If they increase the value of their money they also increase their buying power, which would increase the speed at which they can build and create infrastructure to support the local populace. If their money gets a modest value of $2 for every dinar they can then afford to create new power plants and water facilities at a much faster rate than if they leave their money at its current value.

Let me give you an example about the value to support the increase to their currency.... If they have 300 billion barrels of oil in the ground and say each is worth $50 (a very low estimate) and currently with their old infrastructure they pay about $1.50 per barrel of oil to produce it for selling. That would be roughly $48.50 profit from each barrel of oil.... Now let’s look at this 300,000,000,000 X 48.50 = $14,550,000,000,000 profit just from oil not including their natural gas reserves... If you cannot count that would be roughly 14.5 trillion dollars profit from 300 billion barrels of oil....

I hope this clarifies for you where the value increase would come from...

Iraqi Vet05-07

Great post there I/V If you where there in a military capacity, I would like to take this moment to sincerely and deeply thank you and all of you folks that were there. I am so grateful and proud of all of you.

Edited by JugDawg1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the answer. I understand your theory but where did you get this concept since this is a never been done before situation.

From reading all of the statements from the CBI.

The information was not presented in any single statement or interview but after reading all of them in conjuction with interviews done by Shabbibi and others I was able to piece together bits and pieces of the proposed plan of action for the Iraqi Dinar.

They are very guarded in what they say and how they say it but after dozens of statements and many interviews the combined bits of information from interview questions and clarification statements from the CBI enough bits of information were gleened to understand the set plan of action.

In a word..extrapolation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrapolation

• Upvote 2

Do I remember you saying earlier in this thread that this could take place tomorrow? I'm sorry, I have been in the midst of moving all day(packing up boxes), while at the same time trying to read and respond in this post, while at the SAME time taking care of a very hyper Maya all day!! WOW am I ever tired, and I really don't feel like reading through this whole thread again to find this answer. So if you don't want to answer, I will find the time tomorrow inbetween all the days events and read it again.

Thanks,

Mel

Only the report concerning oil and it's output and profitability will be given tomorrow. The Rv may or may not happen, likely will not happen tomorrow. Until government is seated.

Edited by cgbrown

From reading all of the statements from the CBI.

The information was not presented in any single statement or interview but after reading all of them in conjuction with interviews done by Shabbibi and others I was able to piece together bits and pieces of the proposed plan of action for the Iraqi Dinar.

They are very guarded in what they say and how they say it but after dozens of statements and many interviews the combined bits of information from interview questions and clarification statements from the CBI enough bits of information were gleened to understand the set plan of action.

In a word..extrapolation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrapolation

Thanks a lot Phoenix. I'm just worried about my investment because I am heavily invested. I appreciate all the information and the time you take to write the posts.

Phoenix

this all sounds just like an opinion and speculation like the rest of this investment...you sayd facts about cbi and lower denoms...well there has been no proof of those....they have (cbi) also has said redenomination...fact...they have also said the new currency will have the kurdish handwriting on it...fact.....this theory about introducing lower denom while collecting the higher ones is purely specualtion is it not and its how the gurus are interpeting the articles this way...bottom line cbi has gone back and forth about redenominating and not redenominating...so no one really knows what will happen til it happens correct? your first post on this says lop well thats not how a lop works...you also were very confident that it will rv between sept 8th to the 30th at 2.22....its funny how most people believe anything thats positive from people but when anybody brings the different side to things they get all butt hurt and give them negatives...its sad and pathetic to say the least....everybody has been wrong...everybody...why is that..its because no one knows....people need to stop with the hate on people who bring another thought to this investment...people who are desperate will spin any article to make themselves happy....i want this investment to work out...i do but i will say im not shutting the lop door...people hate that word and thats why a lop section was created so they can hide those redenomination articles....

fact cbi has stated redenomination

fact cbi has stated no redenomination

fact cbi has stated both currencys will be legal tender

fact cbi has stated they can use this rate for 5 more yrs

fact cbi has said removal of zeros

fact cbi has said not removing the zeros

fact this has never happened before as people are pumping it

fact everyone has been wrong

fact all the ones with blinders on and who lives in fairytail land will bash and give me negatives

fact i could care less

fact i do not want a lop and im in this for the long haul

fact im not counting out a redenomination.

go ahead and bash away i cant wait for the responses and the ones who agree will be bashed as well. have a great night and lets watch as the stories change.

p.s. phoenix this is not to bash you at all...i respect you and your thoughts...you are one of the few that i like to read.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 13

this all sounds just like an opinion and speculation like the rest of this investment....

No not speculation but as i explained factual information put out by the CBI.

As I explained...it was not in one statement but the information was extrapolated from many statements direct from the CBI.

Hang in there.

We are almost there.

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 1

Thanks,

Mel

Only the report concerning oil and it's output and profitability will be given tomorrow. The Rv may or may not happen, likely will not happen tomorrow. Until government is seated.

Oh yes, I remember now. I thought something was happening tomorrow. Thankyou for clarifying it for my tired eyes....and goodnight all, it has been a real pleasure today.

Thanks,

Mel

Just a FEW questions!!!! Will the 50 dinar convert to .05,the 250 to.2.5,500 to .5; and what about the dinars in the banks in Iraq???? Will they lop the dinars????If you have 1,000,000,will they convert to 1,000???,and if the great citizens of Iraq have as little as 1,000,will they convert to 1. JUST WONDERING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would take somebody from Auburn to think llike that!! ROll Tide!!!!

Don't worry.

We are almost there.

Things are looking great.

Hey Pheonix I am really sorry for all the clueless

people on this site. You spend countless hours to bring us

the simple logical facts and explain it in simple terms and they just don't

get it. Please disregard the 2 or 3 xxxxx that question your intel and

please continue to post the latest news you hear.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

With that little ti-bit of information, the rate will be $ 1.17 for us, and $ 3.22 down the road after the high demons are turned in? or am I reading that wrong. Thanks for the post, Most informative as always. :)

Kinda got lost in the thread. Was the above ever responded to?

Hey Pheonix I am really sorry for all the clueless

people on this site. You spend countless hours to bring us

the simple logical facts and explain it in simple terms and they just don't

get it. Please disregard the 2 or 3 xxxxx that question your intel and

please continue to post the latest news you hear.

Ya see...it is posts like this one that just xxxx me off....Speaking of clueless, I would really love to

read your brief opinion on Iraqi monetary policy and Shabibis economic thoughts on avoiding the

dreaded "oil curse." Can you form an opinion of your own or do you run around with your nose up

guru xxxxxxxxxxx....Seriously.

From March-August 2010, Al-Shabibi stated emphatically on video interviews with the Wall Street Journal,

also posted on Reuters, Bloomberg and the BBC that the primary mandate for the CBI was price stability

and inflation control....This wasn't in some paper, this was right out of his Iraqi mouth. He went on to further

state that "Oil is not a domestic or employment activity, and therefore, monetary policy WOULD NOT be

based or tied to oil." You can also read for yourself that he stated that the current exchange rate (this was in August)

at 1170 was "REASONABLE"

Reported today....World Bank and IMF approved a 741 million dollar loan...IMF praised Iraq's efforts to rebuild economy.

Of course Shabibi says that Human & Physical infrastructure will be the growth initiatives that drive the economy of IRAQ.

It took FIVE months for this loan to be approved. I think this is odd for the riches country on the planet. Not only that,

but why doesn't Iraq fund their own projects? They can't....and secondly, with all the outstanding billions in loans,

they can't really appreciate or depreciate their currency without pissing off their investors....As Shabibi said, right now in this

rebuilding phase it is all about price STABILITY.

I would love to see an RV as much as the next person, but there just isn't anything from THE GOVERNMENT OF IRAQ that

suggests this as a near term possibility....If it was about to happen, every investing institution on the planet would be

buying Dinar by the boat loads and this in itself would drive up the price...But truth be told - IRAQ is NOT READY yet for

an appreciated RV....Speculation from forum folks doesn't make it so...........

So anyway...not to beat a dead horse, but this clueless xxxx is pretty well informed.

I would challenge you to find ONE official post (non speculative) initiated from an Iraqi institution that suggests they have ANY intentions to

appreciate their currency....AS a matter of fact, appreciating their currency is inflationary and runs contrary to the CBI's

stated primary mandate. You are nowhere even close....nothing but empty rehashed rhetoric....there are of course tons of papers

everywhere that suggest the POTENTIAL....but POTENTIAL and FACT in this case are miles apart. Someday perhaps, but not on the near horizon.

Clueless OUT!!!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 23

No I am saying that the RV will happen at the same time the lower denominations are issued.

So for us it is the revaluation....and we will head to the banks.

For Iraqi's it is the revaluation AND a reissue of new currency.

So this "novel event" is the revaluation.

But know that after the set time to exchange the old higher denoms for new, the currency we all now hold now may be deemed worthless as of that end date......just as the old Saddam Dinars were deemed worthless after the 90 day exchange period had expired.

So in effect we will have a time limit to exchange and after that time limit has expired the dinar we now hold if not exchanged / cashed in will be deemed worthless.

Phoenix

Completely believable and this does answer the question I had about their currency. I gotta get me some dinar on reserve.

Ya see...it is posts like this one that just xxxx me off....Speaking of clueless, I would really love to

read your brief opinion on Iraqi monetary policy and Shabibis economic thoughts on avoiding the

dreaded "oil curse." Can you form an opinion of your own or do you run around with your nose up

guru xxxxxxxxxxx....Seriously.

From March-August 2010, Al-Shabibi stated emphatically on video interviews with the Wall Street Journal,

also posted on Reuters, Bloomberg and the BBC that the primary mandate for the CBI was price stability

and inflation control....This wasn't in some paper, this was right out of his Iraqi mouth. He went on to further

state that "Oil is not a domestic or employment activity, and therefore, monetary policy WOULD NOT be

based or tied to oil." You can also read for yourself that he stated that the current exchange rate (this was in August)

at 1170 was "REASONABLE"

Reported today....World Bank and IMF approved a 741 million dollar loan...IMF praised Iraq's efforts to rebuild economy.

Of course Shabibi says that Human & Physical infrastructure will be the growth initiatives that drive the economy of IRAQ.

It took FIVE months for this loan to be approved. I think this is odd for the riches country on the planet. Not only that,

but why doesn't Iraq fund their own projects? They can't....and secondly, with all the outstanding billions in loans,

they can't really appreciate or depreciate their currency without pissing off their investors....As Shabibi said, right now in this

rebuilding phase it is all about price STABILITY.

I would love to see an RV as much as the next person, but there just isn't anything from THE GOVERNMENT OF IRAQ that

suggests this as a near term possibility....If it was about to happen, every investing institution on the planet would be

buying Dinar by the boat loads and this in itself would drive up the price...But truth be told - IRAQ is NOT READY yet for

an appreciated RV....Speculation from forum folks doesn't make it so...........

So anyway...not to beat a dead horse, but this clueless xxxx is pretty well informed.

I would challenge you to find ONE official post (non speculative) initiated from an Iraqi institution that suggests they have ANY intentions to

appreciate their currency....AS a matter of fact, appreciating their currency is inflationary and runs contrary to the CBI's

stated primary mandate. You are nowhere even close....nothing but empty rehashed rhetoric....there are of course tons of papers

everywhere that suggest the POTENTIAL....but POTENTIAL and FACT in this case are miles apart. Someday perhaps, but not on the near horizon.

Clueless OUT!!!

I suggest you find a better way to get your point across without the use of bad language and insulting other members on here or your stay will be short on DV!

Lets Play NICE!!

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

So Katy - Do you even own dinar? If you have no faith in this, Just do yourself a favor and sell it. If not, why are you even here? You may just be left out in the cold and regretting taking a chance when the opportunity presented itself after this is all over. Hope you feel better about your rant, but the great majority of the people here KNOW this is a speculative risk, and we are not afraid to let it play out to see what happens. Patience goes a long way, and I will be happy to see what happens tomorrow, or the next day or the next. You really sound like a pissed off person, and Phoenix is more than honest with his viewpoints. Unlike you, many people actually appreciate his contributions.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I suggest you find a better way to get your point across without the use of bad language and insulting other members on here or your stay will be short on DV!

Lets Play NICE!!

Wow!! Bumper64 is serious! I don't think I have seen very many posts where he has used big, bold letters! Bump is the man! :lol: (I couldn't resist!)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1