Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN walkout over Ahmadinejad speech

k98nights

UN walkout over Ahmadinejad speech

US diplomats lead walkout as the Iranian president tells UN General Assembly some think the US was behind 9/11 attacks.

Last Modified: 23 Sep 2010 20:31 GMT

2010923184735714734_20.jpg

Ahmadinejad repeated his anti-American message in his speech on Thursday [Reuters] US diplomats and other Western delegations have walked out of a United Nations summit as the Iranian president said some believe the 9/11 attacks on the US was the work of Americans to save Israel.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad referred to 9/11 as he addressed the UN General Assembly in New York on Thursday.

Two US officials, who had been watching the speech, led the walkout and were quickly followed by the British and other Western delegations.

Ahmadinejad said there was a theory which many people believed that parts of the US government had been behind the 2001 attacks in which almost 3,000 people died.

Focus: The meaning of strangulation Sanctions cripple the UN Unanswered questions

Inside Story: What will new sanctions achieve? Iran's nuclear deal

Videos: UN vote 'aims to spur Iran talks' Iran faces new sanctions The US responded by saying the speech was "abhorrent and delusional".

"Rather than representing the aspirations and goodwill of the Iranian people, Mr Ahmadinejad has yet again chosen to spout vile conspiracy theories and anti-Semitic slurs that are as abhorrent and delusional as they are predictable,"Mark Kornblau, the spokesman for the US mission at the UN, said.

About 800 people including many of Iranian origin protested outside the UN headquarters as Ahmadinejad was attending the General Assembly.

They chanted "Ahmadinejad is a terrorist" and staged a street performance depicting people stained with fake blood and scenes of hanging and stoning.

"It is time for the international community to stop dealing with Ahmadinejad and finally recognise and empower the opposition, so that the Iranian people can finally get the democratic change it deserves," Ali Safavi, a demonstrator, said.

Many of the demonstrators were affiliated with the the People's Mujahedeen Organisation of Iran, which is officially listed as a foreign terrorist organisation in the US, although a judge ruled in July that it should be removed from the blacklist.

Hours before Ahmadinejad's speech, Barack Obama, the US president, addressed the General Assembly. He said the US is open to diplomacy with Iran only if it proves that its nuclear ambitions are peaceful.

"The United States and the international community seek a resolution to our differences with Iran, and the door remains open to diplomacy should Iran choose to walk through it," he said.

"But the Iranian government must demonstrate a clear and credible commitment, and confirm to the world the peaceful intent of its nuclear programme."

However, Obama also noted that he made the same overture, in the same forum, a year ago, and tensions continue.

http://english.aljaz...4345332707.html

• Downvote 1

This Ahmadinejad is really walking on thin ice. Sounds like he is in cahoots with the Terrorist, hiding out in his country. Don't really surprise me, but he has guts coming on to the US soil and running his mouth. But, that is why the UN is here, so all these people can tell it like they see it, no matter how evil they are. Freedom of speach, don't ya know.

I was reading an article this morning where a well known security person said the US would be attached by suicide bombers within the next two months. It sounds ot me like this guy is going to be in on it. I will have to find it and post it...

Thanks K98. I hope it RVs before this nut goes off and starts a major war. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Ahmadinejad is nothing but trouble. He is only one person that is going to cause many, to pay the price for his ignorance. You can't tell me our government does not have someone that could bump him off in a heartbeat. He needs to go. He will cause many an innocent person to die if he keeps this up. That's why I will not hold any of my dinar after the RV waiting for the price to go up. Cash out and be done.

I live in the UK & I think it best for any post that is in regard to this story should be locked ASAP before YOU all start a war among each other.

Mods think about this before you let this continue

We all have are own opinions & at times you should all keep them to your self

Peace

Zantac

• Upvote 2

You have right to your opinion just like I do. And my opinion is your ignorant!!!!!!! angry.gif

OMG Brandon, you knew exactly what you were doing and saying. You also know that there is a very large group ofbiggrin.gif 911 survivors at here at DV and also a very large group of Patriotic Americans. Please, do not think we are unaware of your intent. Now that you have had your fun consider yourself lucky to be a friend and an American Citizen where such behavior is considered biggrin.gif Freedom of Speech.biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif God Bless Americabiggrin.gif

biggrin.gif Freedom would be meaningless without security in the home and in the streets. -Nelson Mandela, April 27, 1995.biggrin.gif

Edited by Jac
  • Upvote 1