Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQI DINAR

FOUNDIT

Just wondering if anyone here can come up with a link that shows a current amount of Dinar in circulation. I see a lot of post that say anywhere from 5 to 30 trillion. This is the kind of info that might give us a clue as to the possible rate. Thanks .........................

• Upvote 3

Here is one current news story that cites a new circulation of 27 trillion now:

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2010/09/14/central-bank-wants-to-drop-zeros-from-iraqi-dinar/

And another news story citing 25 trillion in circulation. At those amounts, is that like splitting hairs? I'd like to know your thoughts on how knowing this might give us a revalue rate:

http://www.rferl.org/content/Iraq_Planning_Currency_Redenomination/1950504.html

Thanks! B)

Just wondering if anyone here can come up with a link that shows a current amount of Dinar in circulation. I see a lot of post that say anywhere from 5 to 30 trillion. This is the kind of info that might give us a clue as to the possible rate. Thanks .........................

No one knows exactly how much is in circulation and all the articles you can read state different amounts so what does that tell you? They probly wouldn't tell anyone the exact amount anyways as to deter speculation cause most people would look at the amount in circulation as an indicator of it's true value or what it could be.....most likely they are destroying bills under the radar in massive amounts like what Kuwait did before they reinstated......just some food for thought......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No one knows exactly how much is in circulation and all the articles you can read state different amounts so what does that tell you? They probly wouldn't tell anyone the exact amount anyways as to deter speculation cause most people would look at the amount in circulation as an indicator of it's true value or what it could be.....most likely they are destroying bills under the radar in massive amounts like what Kuwait did before they reinstated......just some food for thought......

In circulation: do you mean printed and available for use. Or do you mean actually in the hands of the iraq people and the rest of the world. The 90% that has been pulled in does it still count as being in circulatioin.

In circulation: do you mean printed and available for use. Or do you mean actually in the hands of the iraq people and the rest of the world. The 90% that has been pulled in does it still count as being in circulatioin.

Their definition of in circulation is not what we think of as in circulation....alot of that is electronic and probly includes the new currency.....90% has never been confirmed and even on the 70% that is not all physical cash in hand currency....there are other things that ,made up that 70% liquidty but it was funnelled back into the banks and financial systems for credit and loans......

it still amazes me that the oil is still in the ground and say they have 20 trillion dinar in circulation and it RV at 2.00 or 2.25, where does all that front money come from.....

Its electronic funding - they can print all the electronic currency their hearts desire. Less than 4% of USD is in actual "currency" - the rest is electronic.

This was the 2009 financial statement: could not download but here is the link, look at page 5 of 35. Supposedly there has been an increase of 70% liquidity since then.

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/fin_sta2009_en.pdf

Actually they brought in 70% of the big bills already. This is according to the CBI. You can take that statement for what its worth. I explained yesterday on another post how the rate of currency is calculated. The way its done is by taking the GDP against the national debt. Now the national debt for Iraq is becoming less and less with all of the countries forgiving the debt. An exact figure on the debt is a mystery. Also thrown into the equasion is future earnings. If they do what they say they will, which who knows if they will, but they plan on going from 2.5 million barrels of oil per day to 10-12 million barrels of oil per day. So with that being said its kinda hard to come up with an exact figure on an RV. I would say somewhere between a dime and 4 bucks. That is why we get such a wide range for an RV. Oh and dont forget.....GO RV!!!!!!!!!!

it still amazes me that the oil is still in the ground and say they have 20 trillion dinar in circulation and it RV at 2.00 or 2.25, where does all that front money come from.....

The Iraqi government has a few loans out, We gave them a start-up loan (so to speak), China and the IMF or World Bank have also given them loans. They have signed contracts for oil with several companies and the oil has barely started to flow.

The one story I read suggested 27 Trillion, with only about 5 Trillion 'out' in circulation, with the rest on reserve. Not everyone is going to cash them in, and pull that money out of Iraq... especially the Iraqi people.

Their definition of in circulation is not what we think of as in circulation....alot of that is electronic and probly includes the new currency.....90% has never been confirmed and even on the 70% that is not all physical cash in hand currency....there are other things that ,made up that 70% liquidty but it was funnelled back into the banks and financial systems for credit and loans......

Good summary

Thanks for the post!