Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Does anyone have a Post RV pre plan check list to share

lonellc

here is tampabays spreadsheet. this is actually a LOT better for planning and being prepared with numbers. mine was just more of a fun toy to play around with numbers.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QD24B8G0

just type in the letters/number on the right of the page and wait for the 45 seconds to count down before you can start downloading it.

here is tampabays spreadsheet. this is actually a LOT better for planning and being prepared with numbers. mine was just more of a fun toy to play around with numbers.

just type in the letters/number on the right of the page and wait for the 45 seconds to count down before you can start downloading it.

Is this an excel download? If so, can you email it to me to hspotman@hotmail.com in works if possible please?

I'll try to upload it -- I haven't done this before. Will see what happens.

I'm sorry, it won't let me upload an excel file. Here is my email -- email and I will send it to you.

ccreamer6@tampabay.rr.com

Hey TampaBay,

How are you?

I just emailed you to see you could pretty please ;) send me your spreadsheet as well??

Thank you in advanced!!

BW3

#

i dont think you can work with a real number here, but you certainly can start a very important calculation:

I think you could use this time to delineate which things you should take care of first regardless if RV comes in at one cent or 3 dollars.

MY OWN OPINION HERE

1. Pay off all your credit card debt. Its the most insane debt you have. Even when asked what the worst invention of mankind, T Edison stated 'compound debt'.

2. See what other debt you have (cars, mortgages) and calculate the TIME VALUE OF MONEY and decide if they are worth paying off. Usually it is.

3. Calculate and plan for worse case scenario and bare minimums to live, including inflation of at least 5% per year.

4. Find low risk pleutoria of investments which would provide what you have calculated the bare minimum you could live off yearly. I have found several good investments paying 12-15% without risking the barn.

5. Make sure you have covered catastrophic scenarios like accidents, long term care (or do you want your children burdened with changing your depends when your old?) :-)

What ever is left over you can then look at luxuries... either way, the above works in a best/worse case situation, regardless of the spread.

• Upvote 2

Solutions is right, its easier to upload a link for everyone to download instead of emailing each person. here is my spreadsheet and i'll be more than happy to post a link with tampabay's spreadsheet as well if she lets me know it is okay.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9K0S7AO

Tampa Bay GREAT SPREDSHEET!! WHOO HOO! and h20eweup2 THANKS FOR THE MEGAUPLOAD!

I'm very confused why so many people ask strangers on a forum about investment, tax and legal advice. You dont know who you are getting advice from. It could be a 10 year old for all you know. Get a tax attorney, Investment Advisor (use a CFP), personal banker and a lawyer. They will help you with everything else. I would recommend to all if this RVs forget about all different investments you heard on all of these forums. Just pick your team and let them work for you.

I am sure there are others like myself who are looking for what questions to ask while trying to get our ideas of getting "A TEAM" togather. I have always done my own taxes and have only used an attorney twice in 50 years, so knowing what to ask is helpful(read the cash in guide). Those that will be looking for " A TEAM" are going to be worried about finding a CPA or attorney that is just not looking to retire off your money. I still wonder what are the "BEST" questions to ask and how many I should ask befor deciding on "A TEAM". There are others like me who do not have the resources to interview these people prior to an RV happening so we are faced with should I cash in post RV, just enough to see these folks or cash it all in incase the value drops again. If I cash in what my have I done to my tax situation? It is once in a lifetime event for most so being cauious to asking and there are a lot that know more than me.

So, getting a few pointers from strangers is better than nothing, too me. Taking the information offered and adding you research is benifical but you need to know where to start.

Edited by EAA

I am sure there are others like myself who are looking for what questions to ask while trying to get our ideas of getting "A TEAM" togather. I have always done my own taxes and have only used an attorney twice in 50 years, so knowing what to ask is helpful(read the cash in guide). Those that will be looking for " A TEAM" are going to be worried about finding a CPA or attorney that is just not looking to retire off your money. I still wonder what are the "BEST" questions to ask and how many I should ask befor deciding on "A TEAM". There are others like me who do not have the resources to interview these people prior to an RV happening so we are faced with should I cash in post RV, just enough to see these folks or cash it all in incase the value drops again. If I cash in what my have I done to my tax situation? It is once in a lifetime event for most so being cauious to asking and there are a lot that know more than me.

So, getting a few pointers from strangers is better than nothing, too me. Taking the information offered and adding you research is benifical but you need to know where to start.

I agree 100% EAA! For example: it never crossed my mind that an attourney or CPA would be looking to retire off of what "I" made. How is this possible? I have used the same accountant for the past 5+ years because I am an independent contractor with my work, and I have alot of investment holdings that arent worth a whole lot right now, but they still require extra figures to be put into everything that I don't know how to do myself. This isn't as simple as a W2. I have come to trust my tax guy, but now I am a bit worried. When I mentioned to him about my foreign currency investment, and how I could potentially come out way ahead, he told me to let him know as soon as I did make money so that I could put the necessary amount away for taxes. Of course, I asked him about how much I should be putting away for taxes before he said anything to me. Maybe we should make up a sole thread just for this discussion... I will try to put it in today.

Tithe

DO pay your tithe, because you have received a bleasing. Tithing is an Old Testament concept. The tithe was a requirement of the law in which all Israelites were to give 10 percent of everything they earned and grew to the Tabernacle/Temple (Leviticus 27:30; Numbers 18:26; Deuteronomy 14:24; 2 Chronicles 31:5). The New Testament nowhere designates a percentage of income a person should set aside, but only says it is to be “in keeping with income” (1 Corinthians 16:2).

Taxes

Do pay your taxes!!!! Unclear on all the taxes involved, but you will have to pay capital gains tax.

Saving

Basic first steps

Before making any decisions about what to do with your money, you have to make sure that you have enough of it on hand.

DO pay yourself first. “That’s my most important rule,” “Take an amount from each paycheck and set up an automatic savings or investment plan.” How much to put aside? Maybe ten percent of your gross, but don’t spread yourself too thin. “After a while you won’t even miss it.”

DO pay off your consumer debt before investing. It’s like earning a re-turn that equals the interest charged on your debt.

Family Trust or Corp.

DO set up a trust or Corp. Great place to put assets, also you can pay yourself, and retire if the RV is high.:0

The truth about mortgages

While your home’s value may have greatly increased, you may also be paying more than necessary on the mortgage.

DO pay off if you can.

DO refinance your mortgage if your rate is more than two percent higher than current rates, and you have less than two years until maturity, Check with your mortgage holder to determine the penalty for getting out of your deal. Remember mortgage can be a great tax shelter.

DO consider a variable or floating rate mortgage if you have built up equity in your house and are able to tolerate the risk that your monthly payments will fluctuate. Approximately 88 percent of the time, you will find that the interest rate on your variable-rate mortgage is lower than the rate on a traditional five-year fixed-rate mortgage. This is the finding in a study examining the last 50 years of mortgage rates.

Plan for your child’s education

Most parents don’t save nearly enough for their children’s education. “For a child born today, if you assume that current tuition is $5,000 and educational inflation is five percent, you can expect to pay about $50,000 for four years of postsecondary education—and that’s conservative,”

DO open a registered education savings plan. The earnings aren’t taxable as they grow within the plan,—$400 from the government on the first $2,000 of contributions per child per year. “That’s a guaranteed 20 percent return—it’s a no-brainer,”

Investing

Expect ups and downs

Recent years of tepid returns have changed the behaviour of many—but not all—investors. Some have shifted to lower-risk investments or have stayed on the sidelines. Others seem to have forgotten the lessons of a volatile market and are taking chances again.

While too much risk can hurt your portfolio’s growth rate, so can hiding in ultrasafe investments paying one percent or less. Ideally, your portfolio should be able to keep its head above water during prolonged market downturns and be positioned to grow when the economy and market soar.

DO look at staying invested for the long haul. “Don’t chase every fad.”

Trying to time the market is a fool’s game. “Studies have shown that it’s long-term discipline that provides above-average returns. Look at your asset allocation on a regular basis and rebalance it when necessary. But you have to start with a plan and stick to it.”

DO diversify. “Your portfolio volatility will be reduced when one investment zigs while another zags,” But don’t overdo it, To start, you need the right mix of stocks and bonds.

DO know when to sell. “The toughest thing for any investor is to sell,” “No one wants to leave that extra dollar on the table or sell at a loss. But we often become collectors of stocks.”

Retirement

Feather your nest egg

DO be cautious as you approach retirement age.

DO estimate how much cash you’ll need each year to sustain your standard of living when you reach retirement. With this yearly sum in mind, calculate how big your nest egg has to be to produce that income stream.

DO save as much as possible in a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP). Your account grows tax-deferred, and you get to take full advantage of compounding. If you have no company pension plan, this becomes even more vital.

DO use a spousal RRSP now to split income in retirement and reduce your overall tax-burden as a couple. By having the higher-tax-bracket spouse make roughly equal contributions in each spouse’s RRSP, the higher-income spouse doesn’t then have to withdraw as much and bear a larger tax burden later.

There you have it, few ways to keep more of your money. You don’t need an M.B.A, special talent or lots of luck to pull it off. All you need is a $2 calculator—and a plan.

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. :drool:

• Upvote 6

Depending on the rate of RV, I may look at commercial real estate. It's a steal right now. But it's not for everyone (some won't want the hassle) and you have to choose wisely. But it could lead to a nice regular income as the economy returns.

I'll be getting some expert advice on this before I take any action. I've got a few friends RVing. I'll talk to them about joint ventures on things like retail or office space, apartment buildings, or seniors assisted-living complexes (you know there's a lot of us baby boomers who will want somewhere nice to live when we can't manage our homes anymore :rolleyes: ).

H2O When I downloaded Tampabays spread sheet I got yours again. Could you email it to me?

wat227@gmail.com

Thanks

Here is a spreadsheet that I made - It could probably use more columns, you can edit it after you download the file.

https://spreadsheets...=CJiUw4gN#gid=0

After you click on the link you can download the excel file by clicking on File - Then Download as Excel.

Once you download the file the formula protection will be removed, so you will have to be careful about entering data into the following columns, which contain formulas.

C,E,F,H,I,K,M,O

You can protect those columns once again after you download the file by following these instructions:

1. Right click on each of the columns not listed above and select format - protection - and then uncheck locked, on these columns (A,B,D,G,J,L,N)

2. Repeat #1 above for all columns that do not contain formulas.

3. Click on tools - protection - protect sheet - enter a password - confirm password.

Your worksheet formulas will now be locked, so you will not have to worry about overwriting them accidentally.

Enjoy!

GoRV.gif

• Upvote 2

1. Try not to Faint

2. Get up off the ground

3. Change my underwear

4. Tell my wife

5. Catch my wife before she hits the ground, wake her and start makin babies

6. Call BoA and WF to see if they can compete with cash in spreads

7. Go straight to bank if they can compete and if not head to the specific city I need to to cash in with dealer

8. Look at my account needing two commas and cry a little

9. Probably get sold some stuff by my bank within days in regards to asset protection

10. Pay debts

11. Take wife to Italy

12. House, cars, clothes

13. Apply for wealth management position somewhere

14. Pass my series 7

15. Work as a weatlh manager for myself and my friends and family that own dinars.

16. Fund and invest in Oil & Gas wells as a great money making/tax saving hobby

• 2 weeks later...

Worked great, Thanks. I'm sure it will come handy.

Megaupload.com website is safe, I've used it many times

The buck stops with you...come up with a plan because once it is gone, it is gone forever!!!! Take care of number one first then go down your priority list. There will be plenty of "rainy" days left before you are called home to sit by the side of our Maker. Make him proud that he/she has given you the insight of others and their needs.