Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Re-Valuation And New Iraqi Currency

Patrick88

Lets assume the Re-Valuation occurs at .50 to $1.00 US dollar.

That means to buy a bottle of coca cola ($1.50) you will need, for example 3 Iraqi Dinar.

Now if all you have is a 25,000 Iraqi Dinar note you will need to get 24,997 Dinar in change.

To make that happen, Iraq will have to print 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100. This is therefore a POSSIBLE REASON why we all hear about new currency every time we they discuss the RV.

There are already 50's and 100's printed. The others have been printed and are waiting to be released post RV. Once the RV occurs the larger bills will be destroyed.

When you say "destroyed" do you mean exchanged?

So if I have a 25,000 iraqi dinar, I will get for example 250 100 notes (dinars)?

• Upvote 1

I am thinking all the big bills will have to be cashed in or exchanged. The bigger bills will eventually be destroyed because the CBI already has currency canceling machines. I think it will RV and you will have a certain time period to either exchange or cash in after that is when the LOP will occur. So any big bills that didn't get turned back in will be worth the face value minus the 3 zero's. Example a 25000 note will be worth 25.

I have only seen the 50, I have never seen 100. Has anyone ever seen a 100.

Go RV Go RV for You & Me

Sorry not 100 notes the 100 is a coin. Sorry.

Edited by 00castle

I am thinking all the big bills will have to be cashed in or exchanged. The bigger bills will eventually be destroyed because the CBI already has currency canceling machines. I think it will RV and you will have a certain time period to either exchange or cash in after that is when the LOP will occur. So any big bills that didn't get turned back in will be worth the face value minus the 3 zero's. Example a 25000 note will be worth 25.

So if I QUICKLY exchange my 25,000 dinar for 250 new 100 dinar notes Im ok. If I hold then my 25,000 dinar ends up only with 25 new dinar?

Is this correct?

So if I QUICKLY exchange my 25,000 dinar for 250 new 100 dinar notes Im ok. If I hold then my 25,000 dinar ends up only with 25 new dinar?

Is this correct?

I think so, providing the smaller notes make it over here. The 100 dinar is a coin not a note. Sorry for the confusion.

Based on your scenario, its time for me to take my Dinar and put them in a Warka account. That way I dont have to worry about missing the RV.

Believe me you wont "MISS" the RV. I think the time frame on cashing the big bills in will be several months.

Believe me you wont "MISS" the RV. I think the time frame on cashing the big bills in will be several months.

I'm wondering, since all I have are 375,000 worth of 25k notes, when the RV comes and the bills decrease in size, I wonder if I can just take it to my bank and exchange it all for US $$ instead of getting the smaller bills first. That is, of course, depending on if my bank deals in IQD at the time...

I'm wondering, since all I have are 375,000 worth of 25k notes, when the RV comes and the bills decrease in size, I wonder if I can just take it to my bank and exchange it all for US $$ instead of getting the smaller bills first. That is, of course, depending on if my bank deals in IQD at the time...

After the RV happens every bank around will deal in IQD, all I have is the 25k notes and my bank said "No Problem"

why do you want smaller Iraq notes I want to exchange to us currency ... do you live in Iraq ?

why do you want smaller Iraq notes I want to exchange to us currency ... do you live in Iraq ?

Haha, that's exactly what I was wondering when reading all the posts about the denomination resizing here. Because I'm sure most of these people are exchanging for US $$ when the RV hits. I was just wanting to know if I could exchange my 25k notes when the redenomination occurs, that's all....and according to 00castle, I can given "my" bank deals with IQD.

Haha, that's exactly what I was wondering when reading all the posts about the denomination resizing here. Because I'm sure most of these people are exchanging for US $$ when the RV hits. I was just wanting to know if I could exchange my 25k notes when the redenomination occurs, that's all....and according to 00castle, I can given "my" bank deals with IQD.

i think they are saying if there is an exchange first (with no revalue), then you'd need to exchange the large bills for the smaller ones to make sure you don't get "lopped"...

Yes I am. I live in North Carolina.

Interesting, I assume 5/3rd Bank is not a major US bank, correct? That being said, it's interesting why a smaller bank would deal with Iraqi Dinar since most major US banks don't....yet? I'm wondering if once Iraq gets a government, if these banks "will" trade with IQD?

i think they are saying if there is an exchange first (with no revalue), then you'd need to exchange the large bills for the smaller ones to make sure you don't get "lopped"...

Ok got it ... so is that why investors/ speculators are getting Warka accounts ? guess that makes some sense the major countries that hold Dinar probably have Iraq banking accounts ... man that would be bad ... :angry: