Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shredded Dinars-Can I reassemble?

USNA67

I was not angry or depressed-I was in a "snit": a period of poor judgment, like when I bought a 1970 Maverick, or married my first wife. No was else was involved.

Actually, I did this after Butterfly told me my dinars are worthless because they have Saddam's picture on them. (I have turned his picture down on the base paper).

These have been the FUNNIEST 6 pages of posts I have ever read!!!!!

USNA67, you are toooo funny!!!. I haven't laughed this hard in........years.

Thank you for your humor. I appreciate it.......I have been ROTFLMAO for 20 minutes!!!!!! You are my new comedy hero!!!! Great job!

• Upvote 1

I got into a snit and shredded my dinars. I still have all the strips of paper in a plastic bag. If I glue them back together, can I still cash them in? (You can do this with US currency).

I used to think I had a temper,but now I feel like the most laid back somebitch ever after reading this,thanks

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I got into a snit and shredded my dinars. I still have all the strips of paper in a plastic bag. If I glue them back together, can I still cash them in? (You can do this with US currency).

DinarBot Can Restore for 1 USD per 1 IQD. Send Shredded IQD With Payment to 808 Desert Intel Cave 98605. Dog Bless. Give DinarBot 1 Week turn around time. Note: IQD returned may not be exactly as shredded.

Try this: http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/05/14/software-can-now-restore-shredded-documents/

Everyone is aware that we need to shred our confidential information right? Well it looks like software can now restore shredded documents.

“A research team in Germany has developed a computer-software system to piece together some 45 million pages of secret police files ripped into 600 million pieces. The pieces of torn documents are scanned on both sides, and the digital images are then analysed by a cluster of 16 computers for 25 features, including colour, shape, texture, handwriting and typeface, Nickolay says. Just like a person doing a jigsaw, the computer then groups the images into clusters with similar features, and finally fits pieces in each cluster together.”

• Upvote 1

I have been working like a dog on this: about half done. I have a new problem; the glue warps the base paper so it is not flat anymore. It has waves and wrinkles. I am putting it under a sun lamp to see if that will flatten it out.

NOT THE SUN LAMP! It will catch them on fire, and the glue is like gasoline....I know this because I did the same thing last week! Still don't have any eyebrows...

DinarBot Can Restore for 1 USD per 1 IQD. Send Shredded IQD With Payment to 808 Desert Intel Cave 98605. Dog Bless. Give DinarBot 1 Week turn around time. Note: IQD returned may not be exactly as shredded.

Try this: http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/05/14/software-can-now-restore-shredded-documents/

Everyone is aware that we need to shred our confidential information right? Well it looks like software can now restore shredded documents.

“A research team in Germany has developed a computer-software system to piece together some 45 million pages of secret police files ripped into 600 million pieces. The pieces of torn documents are scanned on both sides, and the digital images are then analysed by a cluster of 16 computers for 25 features, including colour, shape, texture, handwriting and typeface, Nickolay says. Just like a person doing a jigsaw, the computer then groups the images into clusters with similar features, and finally fits pieces in each cluster together.”

Yes another reason to burn EVERYTHING with your any personel information on it.

Was your snit due to a spat?laugh.gif

Lol, mm - I'm sensing he spat on some snot of a snitch, sent him off scowling who then came back at him, snookered him in the schnoz, USNA had a spat snit, spooked his surly spaniel Spot, who salivated on his stash, so he he snit-shredded the suckers surreptitiously and succumbed to his sad, alas regrettable, success. I'm staying far away from snits if they're that nasty!

~ Peace Out

Dude, go get yourself some new ones. I don't think you're going to be able to authenticate these bills anymore. Next time you have a snit, shred your sister's diary or something. :)

I'm curious. Did you go from snit to regret when the first note hit the shredder or did realization kick in after a bag full? Got to be kidding me.

Sounds to me like you just helped Iraq remove a few of thos zero's..... just saying

Edited by detroitjazzman
  • Upvote 1

Seriously ... where to start

You may not know for a while who will validate your bills for you. Maybe it cannot be done. However, while you figure out that part, there is something you can do.

PUT DOWN THE GUN ... THE GLUE GUN THAT IS ... PUT IT DOWN ... YEAH ... ALL THE WAY DOWN

AND PUT DOWN THE SCOTCH TAPE ... DOWN ... DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

Go to the stationery store. They have vinyl covers, two sheets that are joined along one side that are called page protectors. Some of them are joined down both sides. Two things very important here: they are transparent both sides, and they carry enough static electricity that once you put a page between them it pretty well stays were it is put.

Start reassembling your notes. As they are assembled put them in these protectors. Ideally you should use one protector for each note but that could get expensive depending on how many notes you actually shredded in your tantrum.

If you are trying to be frugal you might put two notes in each protector.

Make darn sure they are the exact notes, not parts of one and parts of another. That will cause anyone trying to verify authenticity to tell you to go fly a kite the first time they find such a discrepancy.

It could take you months to put these back together. But at least, while waiting for the RV you are doing something constructive.

Also, rather than do all of them, do a few pages, maybe half a dozen notes worth, take them to the bank, or currency exchange or perhaps even note and coin dealer, the ones who service collectors. They should be able to use a few sheets of these to see if there is a way to reclaim what you shredded.

During this process kick yourself around the room several times a day and say mucho mea culpas asking forgiveness for having so little faith and so much greed/anger/desperation to have done such a thing.

Anyway, that is constructive advice, not some snide remark about the dong and the dinar.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1