Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Removal of sanctions by OFAC

sunshinelvr

I was just day dreaming, but could it be possible that this whole government power struggle in Iraq is actually a ploy to motivate the U.S., U.N. IMF, OFAC, ETC..to get out from under all their sanctions. In other words we will form the government is you will do this. We may see other sanctions soon being released as a result. Then BOOM we will see a government, then an RV. JMO

I was just day dreaming, but could it be possible that this whole government power struggle in Iraq is actually a ploy to motivate the U.S., U.N. IMF, OFAC, ETC..to get out from under all their sanctions. In other words we will form the government is you will do this. We may see other sanctions soon being released as a result. Then BOOM we will see a government, then an RV. JMO

I dont think they are that smart. You give them too much credit. Remember they have been living in a third world for a very very long time.

• Upvote 1

Looks like removal of any hold on frozen assets, property etc. and free open trade without restriction except for those deemed to be associated with funding terrorist activity….. This had to happen before chapter VII removal and ascension to the WTO We are just sprinting out of the gate this week! :D

• Upvote 5

Looks like removal of any hold on frozen assets, property etc. and free open trade without restriction except for those deemed to be associated with funding terrorist activity….. This had to happen before chapter VII removal and ascension to the WTO We are just sprinting out of the gate this week! :D

and it means they can go tradeable on forex, this thing is over,over,over. best news we have ever had, people are taking iraq seriously and the rv is here folks. get your plan ready, it could spring anytime.

• Upvote 10

Could somebody verify that the new sanction only reapplies interest in activities by blocked persons and the currencies we received would be viewed as assets obtained illegally under the old sanction. Otherwise this is great news and had to happen

576.202 Effect of transfers violating the

provisions of this part.

576.201 Prohibited transactions involving

blocked property involving blocked property.

(a) All property and interests in

property that are in the United States,

that hereafter come within the United

States, or that are or hereafter come

within the possession or control of U.S.

persons, including their overseas

branches, of the former Iraqi regime or

its state bodies, corporations, or

agencies, or of the following persons are

blocked and may not be transferred,

paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise

dealt in:

Edited by targus

Could somebody verify that the new sanction only reapplies interest in activities by blocked persons and the currencies we received would be viewed as assets obtained illegally under the old sanction. Otherwise this is great news and had to happen

576.202 Effect of transfers violating the

provisions of this part.

576.201 Prohibited transactions involving

blocked property involving blocked property.

(a) All property and interests in

property that are in the United States,

that hereafter come within the United

States, or that are or hereafter come

within the possession or control of U.S.

persons, including their overseas

branches, of the former Iraqi regime or

its state bodies, corporations, or

agencies, or of the following persons are

blocked and may not be transferred,

paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise

dealt in:

Thought about that. Can't see this as being applicable due simply to the 2004 Presidential Order ALLOWING it! JMO. Goooo RVVVVV!

and it means they can go tradeable on forex, this thing is over,over,over. best news we have ever had, people are taking iraq seriously and the rv is here folks. get your plan ready, it could spring anytime.

Sonny1, I remember listening to you on a conference call a few months ago. You're a very credible person in my book interns of your speculation. Keep up the good work sir.

I dont think they are that smart. You give them too much credit. Remember they have been living in a third world for a very very long time.

Don't underestimate these people, they are much smarter than you give them credit for, they've been living in that dust bowl of a desert land for quite a few millenium, and will more than likely continue to do so long after this is all said and done. They are taught to deceive and especially more so between each other..... google Taqiyah. You'll see what I mean.

• Upvote 3

Don't underestimate these people, they are much smarter than you give them credit for, they've been living in that dust bowl of a desert land for quite a few millenium, and will more than likely continue to do so long after this is all said and done. They are taught to deceive and especially more so between each other..... google Taqiyah. You'll see what I mean.

they created the first written language

the numeric system we use

the first system of money

and the Hamurabi Code of law which the Romans aped and which we morphed into our own

Under rate them? I wouldn't.

• Upvote 3

I have to agree with you 100 %, They are smarter than most people think and a lot of pride to go with it!!!

My heart is pounding ever so much harder right now with this good news. One of the MAJOR pieces has fallen into place, now just a couple more...... I sit though, working away, anxious for the FINAL good news!! Cautiously optimistic that things are moving ever so much faster in the right direction, and hoping this RV happens VERY SOON, but NOT COUNTING CHICKENS........ YET. And as for the Iraqis, I agree, don't understimate these people. They are much smarter than anyone gives them credit for. They know what they are doing. And we ALL will benefit very soon.!!!!! GO RV!!!

NOW ..... What position will Kuwait take regarding this sanction being lifted?

Will Iraq have to be completely releaved of Chapter 7 before the RV can happen?

Will the Office of foriegn Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Dept of the Treasury intercede, interrupt or prevent the RV from happFning or will they simply acknowledge and approve the Dinar's acceptence into the International market place?

Will the Office of foriegn Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Dept of the Treasury intercede, interrupt or prevent the RV from happFning or will they simply acknowledge and approve the Dinar's acceptence into the International market place?

Removal of sanctions by OFAC

Office of Foreign Assets Control

RECENT OFAC ACTIONS

09/13/2010

On September 13, 2010, the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") removed the Iraqi Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 575 , from 31 C.F.R. chapter V, and added the Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations ("ISISR") as new part 576 to 31 C.F.R. chapter V. The ISISR implement Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007.

my BFF emailed this to me!! and This was just said on chat!!

http://www.treas.gov.../20100913.shtml

GOOD GOOD NEWS! Thanks :rolleyes:

Make sure to read the added part though ... very interesting:

http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/legal/regs/31cfr576.pdf

What is the added part other than sanctions removed which is awesome. I looked over it all and came away with the notion that they consider Iraq a govt since any interim govt or established govt since 2004 is considered a govt. What else are we looking at?

Edited by kimjackie for spelling error.

Edited by Kimjackie

What is the added part other than sanctions removed which is awesome. I looked over it all and came away with the notion that they consider Iraq a govt since any interim govt or established govt since 2004 is considered a govt. What else are we looking at?

Edited by kimjackie for spelling error.

removed the Iraqi Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 575 , from 31 C.F.R. chapter V, and added the Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations ("ISISR") as new part 576 to 31 C.F.R. chapter V