Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Finance Committee requests a 24-hour deadline: Kurdistan's dispute was confined between the "two parties" over the 10% clause

yota691

• Time: 05/18/2023 14:16:33
  •  
  • Read: 3,302 times
Parliamentary Finance puts the "final touches" to the budget law

{Economic: Al Furat News} The Parliamentary Finance Committee held a meeting yesterday evening that lasted until late Wednesday evening, regarding putting the final touches to the Federal General Budget Law for the fiscal years 2023-2024-2025, in preparation for submitting it to the Presidency of the House of Representatives to include it in the Council’s agenda.

The head of the committee, Atwan Al-Atwani, stressed during the meeting that "the committee has reached the final stages of resolving the general budget law," pointing to "the need to support strategic projects and follow development paths, and provide the necessary resources to develop priority sectors and improve public services and infrastructure, and contribute to the investment of natural resources in order to achieve The financial and economic stability of the state, in accordance with the implementation of the government program.

The committee held extensive discussions on the mechanism for determining the need for spending units from financial allocations for the possibility of making transfers, ensuring exchange priorities, and maximizing non-oil revenues, as well as emphasizing the involvement of the private sector, to contribute to improving production and continuity of projects.

The members of the Finance Committee also expressed their observations regarding the validity of the general budget for one or three years, and the allocations for the development of regions, as well as checking the legal texts contained, while a vote was held within the committee on a number of articles contained in the law.

• Thanks 2

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Friday, May 19, 2023 4:10 PM

Baghdad / The National News Center
The Parliamentary Finance Committee suggested today, Friday, a very close date for the full completion of the budget.

And the first deputy head of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Ahmed Mazhar Al-Jubouri, said in a statement received by the National News Center: “We recommend that the budget be completed in full on Sunday or Monday and sent to the Presidency of Parliament to set a date for voting on it.”

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Friday, May 19, 2023 4:10 PM

Baghdad / The National News Center
The Parliamentary Finance Committee suggested today, Friday, a very close date for the full completion of the budget.

And the first deputy head of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Ahmed Mazhar Al-Jubouri, said in a statement received by the National News Center: “We recommend that the budget be completed in full on Sunday or Monday and sent to the Presidency of Parliament to set a date for voting on it.”

Already they are pushing it out from this saturday. :facepalm:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Straight outta their handbook. Just the kind of thing we've come to expect and boy do they deliver.

Bureaucratic Can Kicking 101. After 20 years of this, well does anyone in the world take these fools seriously? All bout the $$$$$. Many global companies stand to make a fortune & they'll play any game necessary for that $$$$$.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

1 minute ago, horsesoldier said:

Straight outta their handbook. Just the kind of thing we've come to expect and boy do they deliver.

Bureaucratic Can Kicking 101. After 20 years of this, well does anyone in the world take these fools seriously? All bout the $$$$$. Many global companies stand to make a fortune & they'll play any game necessary for that $$$$$.

I Second That!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Well they originally said end of May or by June so I never expected anytime before that on this budget approval. When I hear Iraq needs to add value to the dinar because their backs are up against the wall, I wanna know what is the wall made of?..Charmin tissue or Memory foam from Art Van??

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 1

Parliamentary Finance sets the date for sending the budget to the Presidency of Parliament

Information/Baghdad

First Deputy Chairman of the Parliamentary Finance Committee Ahmed Mazhar al-Jubouri said on Friday that the country's draft federal budget law will be completed in full next week and sent to the presidency of parliament and presented for a vote.

Al-Jubouri said in a statement received by Al-Maalouma that "the Finance Committee will complete the entire budget bill next Sunday or Monday."

He added, "The committee will work to send it to the Presidency of the House of Representatives to determine the date of voting on it."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

So sorry if this sounds stupid and uninformed... I guess I've missed the articles that say the RV is in the budget? I realize this is the first 3 year budget. But like all the budgets over the years...This one has the RV in it ? I'd love to think so. Please enlighten this dense old boy, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

3 hours ago, HowieC said:

So sorry if this sounds stupid and uninformed... I guess I've missed the articles that say the RV is in the budget? I realize this is the first 3 year budget. But like all the budgets over the years...This one has the RV in it ? I'd love to think so. Please enlighten this dense old boy, lol.

I am unable to enlighten you. 🤷

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

remember the articles years ago that said the budget would be based on a new exchange rate? almost exact words...this was at a time when they were also talking about passing the social security laws etc, there were also two budgets? one was general the other called supplemnatry budget? well now they have passed and amended social security laws!! and nowtalking about voting on the budget!!!! Happy times coming!

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 7

i know 1 thing and i know alot of the young people wont, wont to hear! geo politics will show you! even guru's KNOWS THIS! THIS IS A SHOW OF POWERS, WE HAVE TO SUFFER A LITTLE, BUT YOUR PESOS WILL BE REWARDED IN THE IN! IF YA DONT WONT THEM? THEN GIVE THEM TO THIS OLD MAN HERE, I WAITED A LONG TIME! YOU WILL BE REWARDED IF YOU DONT GIVE UP!! MY LIFE IS SHORT AND I LOVE YOU ALL! GOD BLESS THE ONES THAN PERSEVERE!

• Like 2