Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Memorial Day

Bama Girl

I want to thank and honor every service man and woman who have served and is serving in our military. So many gave life and limb to protect this nation and this nation owes you so much. Civilians will never know or understand what military members or their families go through.

Thank you seems so little, but THANK YOU and God Bless πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Edited by Bama Girl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 2

4 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I want to thank and honor every service man and woman who have served and is serving in our military. So many gave life and limb to protect this nation and this nation owes you so much. Civilians will never know or understand what military members or their families go through.

Thank you seems so little, but THANK YOU and God BlessΒ πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Upvote 5
  • Pow! 2

Bring our troops home. Secure our boarders and freedom first. 1 military life lost is a dirty shame. We need to stop being the world police and only protect only Β countries that would do the same for us. We need to clean our act up before we become one of the countries people are fleeing from. Last, but not least, you need to become more energy independent that way we don’t need to protect our foreign natural resources. Hurrah.Β 

• Like 1
  • Pow! 6

2 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

So many lives lost securing our freedoms since our countries inception....

Β 

Hopefully todays generation will somehow understand, and appreciate all of that sacrifice that allows them thier freedoms today!

Β 

Freedom comes only with sacrifice.....Β  Β  Β CL

Nicely put!!πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, jg1 said:

Bring our troops home. Secure our boarders and freedom first. 1 military life lost is a dirty shame. We need to stop being the world police and only protect only Β countries that would do the same for us. We need to clean our act up before we become one of the countries people are fleeing from. Last, but not least, you need to become more energy independent that way we don’t need to protect our foreign natural resources. Hurrah.Β 

Hooah!!!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Like 2
  • Pow! 3

2 hours ago, jg1 said:

Β 

Tulsi Gabbard is at Lieutenant ColonelΒ  in the reserves and was recently assigned as a battalion commander....the military is gearing up....

Β 

1600 f-15/16's from many countriesΒ Β have been added to the NATO Countries close to Ukraine...

Β 

WW3.....or at the least nukes in Europe....is pretty likely from what she is seeing....remember....she also served 8 years in Congress.....Β  Β  Β CL

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 3
  • Pow! 1

5 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

This day is for the fallen men and women of our armed forces.Β 

The day for the living is Veterans day.

A vet told me there is nothing "happy" about this day.

Β 

I understand your point about the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. I know you are correct but I try to thank the military every chance I get. A strong military is essential to a free America.Β 
You did give me some food thought because I will NEVER say Happy Memorial Day. I’ve been guilty of that at times but I will never say it again. Thank youπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

One fearless leader is in the following picture on this Memorial Day:

image.png.cfca1d3cbb2c176d10282cab66a81296.png

Β 

Β 

It’s d#)! sure not the first two. 😑. I know you were referring to the military man behind them but Β seeing those two hit my hot button.πŸ™„Β πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bama Girl said:
3 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

I understandΒ your point about the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. I know you are correct but I try to thank the military every chance I get. A strong military is essential to a free America.Β 
You did give meΒ some food thought because I will NEVER say Happy Memorial Day. I’ve been guilty of that at times but I will never say it again. Thank youπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

I thank you for starting this thread.

I by no means meant any shaming of anyone by my comment.Β 

I also thank those that serve our country when I can.

Most don't believe they are doing anything special or heroic and look embarrassed when I say it.Β 

I disagree because I couldn't do it and we need those that do.

Β 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Thank you for this post.Β  We need to remember those who served our country, and didn't make it home.Β  Β I really like something my church has done for a couple of years now.Β  On Memorial Day everyone who has had a family member that died in military action, we are asked to stand.Β  And we go around and tell who it was that died. For me, I had an uncle (my dad's youngest brother) who died in September 1969, in Vietnam.Β  He was in the US Army.Β  Β It is our way of remembering.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Hopefully todays generation will somehow understand

Hard for them to understand CL when the bilge they are being taught in all grades K thru college is ANYTHING but the true history of this great country. I was overwhelmed yesterday when a thought hit me out of the blue. Imagine being 18 years old, with your whole life ahead of you and the next thing you know the ramp of a troop carrier drops and you are charging into the jaws of hell at Normandy Omaha etc. Many many of the first waves NEVER came home. They gave their ALL, when their life check got cashed. Without ALL of the sacrifice of our fallen warriors Freedom would be just an ideal instead of a reality for those of us fortunate enough to be born here or became citizens to the USA. Our true history must be taught in our schools to our future leaders if our freedoms are going to survive and endure. God gave us those freedom let NO MAN take them away!!!:salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 4

14 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Our true history must be taught in our schools to our future leaders if our freedoms are going to survive and endure. God gave us those freedom let NO MAN take them away!!!:salute:

I fear our true history will never be taught again in the public school arena. It must be taught at home by parents and grandparents. The children may not act interested or even reject it initially, BUT it will be remembered by them because someone they loved and respected told them.Β 

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

On 5/30/2023 at 10:03 PM, nstoolman1 said:

n total, the war left between 620,000 and 750,000 soldiers dead, along with an undetermined number ofΒ civilian casualties, making the Civil War the deadliest military conflict in American history.[g]Β 

I had the opportunity to visit Pennsylvania a couple years ago and took the tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield. I’ve studied the Civil War, felt I was familiar with the awful results but when the narrator of the tour said over 15,000 American soldiers died on that battlefield within 72 hours, I cried. I’m not a sap but for the first time, the cold reality of that war hit me hard.Β 
For the first time, I had a very small inkling of what our military men and women must feel who have fought in the different horrific wars throughout our history and witnessed other men and women slaughtered. As I said, just a small inkling, because there is no way in hades someone on the outside can possibly understand completely.Β 
God Save this Country, which has been fought so hard for, from the frigging lunatics who have no idea.Β 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1