Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I NEVER Thought I’d Be Talking About This…

Markinsa

Sounds about right, Compelling: 

1. tending to compel, as to force or push toward a course of action; overpowering. 

2. having a powerful and irresistible effect; requiring acute admiration, attention, or respect.

Compel:

1. to force or drive, especially to a course of action. 

2. to secure or bring about by force. 

3. to force to submit; subdue. 

4. to overpower.

Paul warned: By means of the trickery of men, 

this expression used only here in the Christian Greek Scriptures, can literally be translated “in the playing of (dice) cube of the men. This ancient idiom alludes to the practice of cheating others when playing dice. Paul encountered “deceitful workers” who pretended to present the truth but who actually distorted it. (2 Corinthians 11:12-15) To attain their objectives, such men may resort to a selective use of evidence, emotionally loaded language, misleading half-truths, devious innuendo, and even outright lies.

The apostle Paul said that the truth was not to be found in human philosophies and traditions. (Colossians 2:8) Indeed, such teachings are deceptive. Paul warned Ephesian Christians that if they put faith in them, they would be like spiritual babes “tossed about as by waves . . . by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error.” (Ephesians 4:14) Today, “trickery of men” is promoted by the propaganda of those who oppose divine truth. “Propaganda” is defined by The New Encyclopædia Britannica as “the systematic effort to manipulate other people’s beliefs, attitudes, or actions.” Such propaganda cunningly twists truth into falsehood and promotes lies as truth.

Best leave creation to our Creator, God— Jehovah, which literally means: causes to become. 

My father enlisted into the army at the age of 17, piloted B-29 over Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Not something I’m particularly proud of, a disposition I believed I obtained by my father. My father ended up dying from ill consequences pertaining to these flights.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:32 AM, Fly said:

Best leave creation to our Creator, God— Jehovah, which literally means: I AM THAT I AM

AMEN..!

What does YHWH mean? The meaning of YHWH, a name derived from the verb ‘to be’, is something like ‘He is’ or ‘He will be’ (see the NIV Study Bible note on Exod. 3:15). This meaning is in focus in only a few verses, as in the following:

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘YHWH, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation….” (Exod. 3:14–15, NIV, with YHWH substituted for LORD) In these two verses the Hebrew words for I AM WHO I AM and for YHWH are clearly related to each other, the former being the way God talks about himself in the first person, and the latter being the third person variant to be used by the Hebrew people. This verse is the only place in the Old Testament where a clear reference is made to the actual meaning of the word YHWH—in all other places the focus is on the identity of YHWH. Let us then look at the wider context of the Old Testament to determine the identity of YHWH. (From Hebrew Scholar)

Jehovah, artificial Latinized rendering of the name of the God of Israel (YHWH). The name arose among Christians in the Middle Ages through the combination of the consonants YHWH (JHVH) with the vowels of Adonai (“My Lord”). Jews reading the Scriptures aloud substituted Adonai for the sacred name, commonly called the tetragrammaton. (Britannica)

On 6/1/2023 at 1:49 PM, nstoolman1 said:

Until I see a picture from space showing all the continents I am living on a globe. 

AMEN..!

Job 26

1 Then Job replied:
2 “How you have helped the powerless! How you have saved the arm that is feeble!
3 What advice you have offered to one without wisdom! And what great insight you have displayed!
4 Who has helped you utter these words? And whose spirit spoke from your mouth?
5 “The dead are in deep anguish, those beneath the waters and all that live in them.
6 The realm of the dead is naked before God; Destruction lies uncovered.
7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; He suspends the earth over nothing.
8 He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight.
9 He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it.
10 He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.
11 The pillars of the heavens quake, aghast at his rebuke.
12 By his power he churned up the sea; by his wisdom he cut Rahab to pieces.
13 By his breath the skies became fair; his hand pierced the gliding serpent.
14 And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?”
Edited by ronscarpa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 9:54 PM, ronscarpa said:

AMEN..!

What does YHWH mean? The meaning of YHWH, “He Causes to Become.”

Jehovah can become whatever is needed in order to fulfill his purposes, and he can cause to happen whatever is required with regard to his creation and the accomplishment of his purpose.

God’s reply to Moses, in Hebrew was: ʼEh·yehʹ ʼAsherʹ ʼEh·yehʹ. Some translations render this as “I AM THAT I AM.” However, it is to be noted that the Hebrew verb ha·yahʹ, from which the word ʼEh·yehʹ is drawn, does not mean simply “be.” Rather, it means “become,” or “prove to be.” The reference here is not to God’s self-existence but to what he has in mind to become toward others.

The meaning of God’s name (יהוה)

How, then, should we understand Jehovah’s answer to Moses’ question recorded at Exodus 3:13, 14? Moses asked: “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your forefathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What should I say to them?” Jehovah answered: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become.”

Note that Moses was not asking Jehovah to reveal his name. Moses and the Israelites already knew God’s name well. Moses wanted Jehovah to reveal something faith-strengthening about the kind of God he is, something that may also be reflected in the meaning of his name. Hence, by responding, “I Will Become What I Choose to Become,” Jehovah was revealing a thrilling aspect of his own nature: In each situation, he becomes whatever is necessary to fulfill his purpose. For example, for Moses and the Israelites, Jehovah became a Rescuer, a Lawgiver, a Provider —and much more. Thus, Jehovah himself chooses to become whatever is necessary to fulfill his promises to his people. However, while the name Jehovah may include this idea, it is not limited to what he himself chooses to become. It also includes what he causes his creation to become in the accomplishment of his purpose. 

Research; God’s Name— it’s Meaning and Pronunciationhttps://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101984301 

Tetragrammaton

A word that literally means “four letters” (derived from the Greek te·tra-, meaning “four,” and gramʹma, “letter”). It refers to the four Hebrew consonants יהוה (written from right to left) that represent God’s name.

The Tetragrammaton appears nearly 7,000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. It may be transliterated into English as YHWH (or, JHVH). Like all written words in ancient Hebrew, the Tetragrammaton had no vowels, but when reading, the Jews in ancient times would pronounce the vowel sounds. Today, though, we do not know which vowels were used. While some feel that the name was pronounced “Yahweh,” others favor a pronunciation with three syllables. “Jehovah” is a widely recognized English form and has a long history in the English language.

What is the meaning of the name Jehovah? In Hebrew, the name Jehovah comes from a verb that means “to become,” and a number of scholars feel that it reflects the causative form of that Hebrew verb. Thus, the understanding of the New World Bible Translation Committee is that God’s name means “He Causes to Become.” Scholars hold varying views, so we cannot be dogmatic about this meaning. However, this definition well fits Jehovah’s role as the Creator of all things and the Fulfiller of his purpose. He not only caused the physical universe and intelligent beings to exist, but as events unfold, he continues to cause his will and purpose to be realized.0A55D8C4-9C22-4C8B-B2B8-295023814CFE.thumb.jpeg.31ad060fa926b35ac50cfe44f146431c.jpeg

Therefore, the meaning of the name Jehovah is not limited to the related verb found at Exodus 3:14, which reads: “I Will Become What I Choose to Become” or, “I Will Prove to Be What I Will Prove to Be.” In the strictest sense, those words do not fully define God’s name. Rather, they reveal an aspect of God’s personality, showing that he becomes what is needed in each circumstance to fulfill his purpose. So while the name Jehovah may include this idea, it is not limited to what he himself chooses to become. It also includes what he causes to happen with regard to his creation and the accomplishment of his purpose. 

Learn more; The Divine Name in the Hebrew Scriptureshttps://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1001070204#h=14

Stand behind bible truth and for God’s Name, or, be’ for tradition’s of men.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fly said:

Thus, Jehovah himself chooses to become whatever is necessary to fulfill his promises to his people.

[Mal 3:6 NASB20] 6 "For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, the sons of Jacob, have not come to an end.

If God does not change, how can He become?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markinsa said:

[Mal 3:6 NASB20] 6 "For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, the sons of Jacob, have not come to an end.

I think the "become" should be "reveal". He reveals Himself to us or the Israelites in the Old Testament as He deems needed. So He doesn't change. He just shows us more of His goodness as we go through our life with Him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Markinsa said:
11 hours ago, Fly said:

Thus, Jehovah himself chooses to become whatever is necessary to fulfill his promises to his people.

A very reasonable question.

Partially answered in the quoted sentence, “Thus, Jehovah himself chooses to become whatever is necessary to fulfill his promises to his people“.

A God Who Has Not Changed

Through his prophet Malachi, God declared: “I am Jehovah; I have not changed.” (Malachi 3:6) Commenting on this verse, French Bible scholar L. Fillion observed that this declaration is closely associated with the accomplishment of divine promises. “Jehovah could have annihilated his rebellious people,” wrote Fillion, “but being unchangeable in his promises, he will, in spite of everything, be faithful to the promises he made in the past.” God’s promises, whether to an individual, a nation, or all mankind, will not be forgotten but be carried out in his due time. “He has remembered his covenant even to time indefinite, the word that he commanded, to a thousand generations.” —Psalm 105:8

Now combine thought’s gleaned from the text at (Mai 3:6) and now re-read the “quoted” sentence back within it’s surrounding text, perhaps there can be a better clarification.

———————————————————————————————-

If this response Jehovah’s gave to Moses; “I Will Become What I Choose to Become,” is still not clear— perhaps a wider picture into the history of God dealing’s with his people (creation) will help.

Unchanging in Qualities and Standards. 

As Jehovah told the people of Israel: “I am Jehovah; I have not changed.” (Mal 3:6) This was some 3,500 years after God’s creation of mankind and some 1,500 years from the time of God’s making the Abrahamic covenant. While some claim that the God revealed in the Hebrew Scriptures differs from the God revealed by Jesus Christ and by the writers of the Christian Greek Scriptures, examination shows this claim to be without any foundation. Of God, the disciple James rightly said: “With him there is not a variation of the turning of the shadow.” (Jas 1:17) There was no ‘mellowing’ of Jehovah God’s personality during the centuries, for no mellowing was needed. His severity as revealed in the Christian Greek Scriptures is no less nor his love any greater than it was at the beginning of his dealings with mankind in Eden.

The seeming differences in personality are in reality merely different aspects of the same unchanging personality. These result from the differing circumstances and persons dealt with, calling for different attitudes or relationships. (Compare Isa 59:1-4.) It was not Jehovah, but Adam and Eve, who changed; they put themselves in a position where Jehovah’s unchangeable righteous standards allowed no further dealings with them as members of his beloved universal family. Being perfect, they were fully responsible for their deliberate wrongdoing (Ro 5:14) and hence beyond the limits of divine mercy, although Jehovah showed them undeserved kindness in starting them out with clothing and allowing them to live for centuries outside the sanctuary of Eden and bring forth offspring before they finally died from the effects of their own sinful course. (Ge 3:8-24) After their eviction from Eden all divine communication with Adam and his wife apparently ceased.

Why he can deal with imperfect humans. Jehovah’s just standards allowed for his dealing differently with Adam and Eve’s offspring than with their parents. Why? For the reason that Adam’s offspring inherited sin, hence involuntarily started life as imperfect creatures with a built-in inclination toward wrongdoing. (Ps 51:5; Ro 5:12) Thus, there was basis for mercy toward them. Jehovah’s first prophecy (Ge 3:15), spoken at the time of pronouncing judgment in Eden, showed that the rebellion of his first human children (as well as that of one of his spirit sons) had not embittered Jehovah nor dried up the flow of his love. That prophecy pointed in symbolic terms toward a righting of the situation produced by the rebellion and a restoration of conditions to their original perfection, the full significance being revealed millenniums later. —Compare the symbolisms of the “serpent,” the “woman,” and the “seed” at Re 12:9, 17; Ga 3:16, 29; 4:26, 27.

Galatians 3:16,29; reads…. Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “and to your descendants,” in the sense of many. Rather, it says, “and to your offspring,” in the sense of one, who is Christ. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.

I hope this helps  

7 hours ago, keylime said:

I think the "become" should be "reveal". He reveals Himself to us or the Israelites in the Old Testament as He deems needed. So He doesn't change. He just shows us more of His goodness as we go through our life with Him.

Yes’ become or prove to be…  : )

34 minutes ago, Fly said:

I hope this helps  

Not really, the definition of "become" means:

image.png

Me personally, I just think that alluding to God becoming something He isn't already is not correct and potentially misleading for the uninformed.  God already IS, we do not need for Him to become something else.  If God can change, how can we trust Him to continue to be who He already is?  Or to keep His promises? 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

4 hours ago, Markinsa said:

Not really, the definition of "become" means:

image.png

Me personally, I just think that alluding to God becoming something He isn't already is not correct and potentially misleading for the uninformed.  God already IS, we do not need for Him to become something else.  If God can change, how can we trust Him to continue to be who He already is?  Or to keep His promises? 

Sorry.

Not meaning to be misleading, perhaps the point was missed.

Thank you for the questions, I hope you find meaningful answers for them.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:25 PM, Fly said:

Sorry.

Not meaning to be misleading, perhaps the point was missed.

Thank you for the questions, I hope you find meaningful answers for them.

You're avoiding the obvious implications..! 

Also, as I mentioned in my first reply, Almighty GOD revealed Himself as "I AM That I AM", not "He causes to become", yet you chose to restate my AMEN post with your definition, which is a clear mistranslation according to Jews, Jewish scholars, and Christian biblical sholars. Markinsa and others have given you clear indications, maybe you can be OPEN to them and hopefully find meaningful answers based on what has been presented to you in love.

The Pharisees searched for truth, but held on to their preconceived ideas and refused to be open to a greater truth and revelation. As scripture says, The Spirit will lead us into all truth.

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. (John 16:13 NASB)

He who descended is also He who ascended far above all the heavens that He might fill all things.

He gave some to be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers,  for the equipping of the saints, for the work of service, and for the building up of the body of Christ,  until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, into a complete man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,  so we may no longer be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the trickery of men, by craftiness with deceitful scheming.  But, speaking the truth in love, we may grow up in all things into Him, who is the head, Christ Himself (Ephesians 4:10-15 MEV)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

a clear mistranslation according to Jews, Jewish scholars, and Christian biblical sholars.

Read; Acts 4:13-17

Spiritually’ I chose not be led by the world’s teachings or indications. 

“God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth. “Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.”(John 4:24; 17:17)

I listen to Jesus‘ brothers; Mat 25:40—“In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’” 

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. (Isaiah 2:2,3)

Implications..! mentioned; are teachings adopted from Babylon (the worlds traditions) and clearly faults spiritual teachings. (ex. trinity). (John 17:16; 1 John 5:19).

Being “the spirit of the truth,” God’s holy spirit could never be the source of error but would protect Christ’s followers from doctrinal falsehoods. Compare (1 John 4:1-6). It would bear witness to the truth regarding Jesus Christ. From Pentecost 33 C.E. onward, God’s spirit bore witness by helping Jesus’ disciples to understand the prophecies that clearly proved that Jesus was the Son of God. On the basis of these prophecies, they bore witness to others. (Ac 2:14-36; Ro 1:1-4.) Even before Pentecost, though, “the spirit of the truth” had been bearing witness to the fact that Jesus is the Son of God (1Jo 5:5-8), for it was by this spirit that Jesus was anointed and enabled to perform powerful works. —Joh 1:32-34; Ac 10:38

Edited by Fly

5 hours ago, Fly said:

God is Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.

Being “the spirit of the truth,” God’s holy spirit could never be the source of error s

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24)

but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (John 20:31)

If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. (John 14:15-17) 

Holy Spirit is a person, and is God..! 

You're close Fly, try a more accurate translation than the New World Translation...!

May God bless you brother...RON 

16 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24)

but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (John 20:31)

If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. (John 14:15-17) 

Holy Spirit is a person, and is God..! 

You're close Fly, try a more accurate translation than the New World Translation...!

May God bless you brother...RON 

When coming to my own accurate knowledge of bible truths I compared many bible translations, The New World Translation in common language used today makes it not only easier to read, the reader can visualize having a part in the reading, and is more accurate for ease of clarify of meaning. Making The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures the most enjoyable heart warming satisfying bible reading.

John 17:3—This means everlasting life, they’re coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

New World Translation 

Is published in over 210 languages, over 240 million copies produced.   

I enjoy knowing and reading the personal name of  our God where it’s been replaced nearly 7000 times, to it’s original place from which it was removed. “May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, (english) You alone are the Most High over all the earth. (Psalms 83:18)

A translation where the divine name has been removed and replaced with the title, all caps “LORD”, what’s making this a more accurate translation? 

Jesus did say….“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

I  can appreciate, encouragement, I’m sure you do as well…