Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The President of the Republic stresses the need to speed up the adoption of the Oil and Gas Law

6ly410

8 minutes ago, CODE777 said:

I've been following this person from Iraq on YouTube called "Nader from the middle east". Have any of you heard of him and is he legit or not. He seems to be up to date in what is going on inside the Iraqi Government.

I watch his videos, I'm not convinced he has any connections or special intel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

41 minutes ago, CODE777 said:

I've been following this person from Iraq on YouTube called "Nader from the middle east". Have any of you heard of him and is he legit or not. He seems to be up to date in what is going on inside the Iraqi Government.

Sometimes he comes off pretty legit and at other times it seems like he is simply telling the exact same news articles we are all privy to seeing. I think since he is from the region it gives him a little more clout in his delivery of said info and gives the listener the sense that he must have great Intel. I find that he does a lot of double talking and never really gives a solid answer. He will say something like tomorrow it will be a rate change, tomorrow for sure but, I don't know.... maybe... we will see... it could be another 30 days though so just be patient. 😃

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, chris2028 said:

Sometimes he comes off pretty legit and at other times it seems like he is simply telling the exact same news articles we are all privy to seeing. I think since he is from the region it gives him a little more clout in his delivery of said info and gives the listener the sense that he must have great Intel. I find that he does a lot of double talking and never really gives a solid answer. He will say something like tomorrow it will be a rate change, tomorrow for sure but, I don't know.... maybe... we will see... it could be another 30 days though so just be patient. 😃

Nailed it!

• Thanks 1

Oilprice.com
BREAKING NEWS: America’s LNG Problems Hit Banking Crisis Snags

Russia Claims To Have Completely Redirected Oil Exports To Avoid Embargo
Oil Prices Recover As Bullish Sentiment Returns

Oil Prices Climb As Iraq's Dispute With Kurdistan Escalates

By Charles Kennedy - Mar 29, 2023, 3:07 AM CDT
An oil dispute between the Iraqi government and the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region that also involves Turkey has escalated this week, pushing oil prices higher.

Brent crude is inching closer to $80 and WTI was above $73 per barrel at the time of writing as Kurdish oil flows remain shut in for the fourth day in a row.

The dispute flared up last week, leading to the Iraqi government shutting down oil exports from Kurdistan to Turkey. The shutdown followed an International Chamber of Commerce court ruling in favor of Baghdad in a case against Turkey that claimed that the latter should not have allowed for the flow of oil from Kurdistan to Ceyhan without the express approval of the government in Baghdad.

Initially, Turkey said it would abide by the court's decision but this week, the Turkish Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources said in a statement that the court had in fact ruled that Iraq should compensate Turkey for violating an oil export deal the two countries had.

In the statement, the Turkish ministry said that the ICC had dismissed four of Iraq's five claims against it while accepting most of Turkey's claims.

Kurdistan exports about 400,000 bpd via the pipeline that connects Iraq with Turkey. Currently, the government of the semi-autonomous region is discussing next steps with Baghdad but an agreement has yet to be reached.

Iraq has stated it is very much in favor of restarting oil exports from Kurdistan but it has suggested it would only agree to that on its own terms. These terms involve the state oil company of Iraq, SOMO, being in charge of the exports, rather than the Kurdish government.

"The best way for oil to get exported through SOMO and for the Kurdistan Region to get its share," a spokesman for the Iraqi oil ministry told Rudaw on Tuesday.

These are just the most recent events in a long battle for control over the oil resource of Kurdistan between the region's government and the government in Baghdad.

By Charles Kennedy for Oilprice.com

More Top Reads From Oilprice.com:

Kurdistan's 400,000-Bpd Oil Exports Still Shut-In As Talks With Iraq Fail
Oil's Low Prices Draw Rash Of Hedging
IRENA: $5 Trillion Per Year Needed To Meet Climate Goals
Back to homepage

Loading ...

« Previous: Cheap Oil Is Fueling Economic Development In Asia

Next: European Gas Prices Extend Gains As French Strikes Block LNG Imports »

Charles Kennedy
Charles is a writer for Oilprice.com More

Related posts
Warning: A Fed Pivot Is Not As Bullish As You Think
Which President Had The Biggest Impact On U.S. Oil Production?
Indian Energy Investor Recoups $20 Billion After Short Seller Attack
MOST POPULAR
Scientists Find New Way To Make Hydrogen Directly From Seawater

The EIA Is Dead Wrong About The Future Of U.S. Shale

Battle For Iraqi Oil Heats Up After Iran-Saudi Deal

Everything You Need To Know About The Guyana-Venezuela Border Dispute

WTI Breaks $70 As Kurdistan Halts Oil Exports

COMMENTS
Mamdouh Salameh - 29th Mar 2023 at 3:42am:
A dispute between the Federal government of Iraq and Iraqi Kurdistan affecting the export of 400,000 barrels a day (b/d) is hardly big enough a factor to cause oil prices to climb. At best it will play a supporting role.

Prices are rising because the markets are realizing that the banking crisis is virtually at end and because of growth prospects of Asian economies expected to outstrip their Western counterparts aided by slightly cheaper Russian crude supplies, lower inflation than Western economies and Asian Central banks coming to the end of financial tightening.

Dr Mamdouh G Salameh
International Oil Economist
Global Energy Expert
More About Us
About Us
Site News
Sitemap
Advertise with us
Site info
Terms & Conditions
Disclaimer
Privacy Policy
Sitemap
© OilPrice.com

The materials provided on this Web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice.

Nothing contained on the Web site shall be considered a recommendation, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell a security to any person in any jurisdiction.

Merchant of Record: A Media Solutions trading as Oilprice.com

• Upvote 1

The American government is introducing digital currency on April Fools Day, aren't they? I heard it will be renamed President Biden Day. :jester:

Prediction: Dinar will revalue same time. So: Soon

...in the coming days

Also: Biden not with it, but his team obviously blew up the Nordstream Pipeline, wrecked Germany's economy, tried to destroy Russia's money source, but America will still lose that war in Ukraine. 

Now the good news: I've always said Iraq should be Europe's gas station. And Germany is the engine of Europe.

So Biden may have gotten you into a stupid war that America will lose, but Sneaky Joe has something up his sleeve. Hidden in plain sight: his team is making Iraq into Europe's gas station, replacing Russia, so this thing is going to fly.

Joe is not as dumb as he seems. Just partly as dumb as he seems. The other part is very sneaky. 

Go buy some champagne. 👃🍾💨

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Rochester said:

The American government is introducing digital currency on April Fools Day, aren't they? I heard it will be renamed President Biden Day. :jester:

Prediction: Dinar will revalue same time. So: Soon

...in the coming days

Also: Biden not with it, but his team obviously blew up the Nordstream Pipeline, wrecked Germany's economy, tried to destroy Russia's money source, but America will still lose that war in Ukraine. 

Now the good news: I've always said Iraq should be Europe's gas station. And Germany is the engine of Europe.

So Biden may have gotten you into a stupid war that America will lose, but Sneaky Joe has something up his sleeve. Hidden in plain sight: his team is making Iraq into Europe's gas station, replacing Russia, so this thing is going to fly.

Joe is not as dumb as he seems. Just partly as dumb as he seems. The other part is very sneaky. 

Go buy some champagne. 👃🍾💨

Is this the same old Joe that wants to eliminate all fossil fuels in the future?

The same guy that lost the Saudi's to the Chinese....?

Iraq won't be far behind!

Joe ain't that smart......nor are his handlers!

CL

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 7

4 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Is this the same old Joe that wants to eliminate all fossil fuels in the future?

CL

Agreed. You are right, I was wrong. Joe isn't that smart. But life is. Life tunes us all in, eventually. Germany is pushing this, not Joe.  Joe isn't leading this, I was wrong in crediting him, but that's what happens, the guy at the top gets credit, even if he had nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

7 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

CL

I often wonder why they let him stay in the top job. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

I often wonder why they let him stay in the top job. 

I heard yesterday that Traitor Joe announced his intent to run for reelection, stating that he didn't think Harris could win against Trump. Like he would have a chance! :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Urgent Sayyid al-Hakim calls for amending constitutional articles and legislating important laws such as oil and gas

Sayyid al-Hakim calls for amending constitutional articles and legislating important laws such as oil and gas

{Political: Al-Furat News} The head of the National State Forces Alliance, Mr. Al-Hakim, called for an amendment to some articles of the constitution.

In his speech on the occasion of the anniversary of the death of Mr. Abdul Aziz Al-Hakim, Mr. Abdul Aziz Al-Hakim stressed "the amendment to some constitutional articles related to the structure of the state and its institutions federally and locally."
He stressed "the legislation of important laws, most notably the Oil and Gas Law, the Federal Court Law, the Federation Council Law, and the termination of the legal contract between the federal government and the Kurdistan Region." Follows

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1