Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Fixed Rate Of Gold.

Luigi1

Here's an article of Dinarian interests...

A fixed rate of gold.

Treat as a rumor.  Not verified.  Your opine.

Goldilocks  via   OOM:    Something Is About To Hit The Fan.

ARTICLE:  In April we have job reports coming in low along with oil contract failures, bank failures, Vanguard pulling out of China & much more.  We are going to witness our markets finally move into real values.   This is the phase of the reset where mountains will move.   This will allow the adoption of a standardized process to begin with the digital currency world attached to a fixed rate of gold.

• Upvote 3

Here's another article related to the above...what we knew all along...the Gurus lied claiming CBI has already  destroyed most of the IQD...

Samson:

ARTICLE:  CBI Governor:  We have more than 70 Trillion IQD outside of the banking system for circulation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Seems we have some on this thread that don't understand XRP....    CL

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/sec-versus-ripple-verdict-pivotal-time-crypto-industry

Jmo and I like hearing yours but imo when it comes to ripple the emperor has no clothes, completely illogical that sovereign states would use a blockchain for bank to bank settlements that’s a private company. They’ll make their own. Again jmo and it’s a complicated subject but imo when it comes to crypto there’s bitcoin and there’s scams with marketing schemes. I’m sure there’ll be use cases for various proof of stake or hybrid cryptos like ripple but not as money, or in this case a means to move money. Fednow will be operational this summer, it won’t be ripple or any other private company whether xrp is classified a security or not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

4 hours ago, mally2 said:

Jmo and I like hearing yours but imo when it comes to ripple the emperor has no clothes, completely illogical that sovereign states would use a blockchain for bank to bank settlements that’s a private company. They’ll make their own. Again jmo and it’s a complicated subject but imo when it comes to crypto there’s bitcoin and there’s scams with marketing schemes. I’m sure there’ll be use cases for various proof of stake or hybrid cryptos like ripple but not as money, or in this case a means to move money. Fednow will be operational this summer, it won’t be ripple or any other private company whether xrp is classified a security or not. 

So the establishment moves on to the next "status quo"....fedcoin.....?

Perhaps...the World is changing....time will tell...

I would not be in favor of bowing to the the establishment.....fiscal irresponsibility can only last so long before the system implodes...

I see a pending implosion coming..... JMO....CL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

5 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

So the establishment moves on to the next "status quo"....fedcoin.....?

Perhaps...the World is changing....time will tell...

I would not be in favor of bowing to the the establishment.....fiscal irresponsibility can only last so long before the system implodes...

I see a pending implosion coming..... JMO....CL

I would be too and imo that’s the problem with a private company like ripple. If countries and institutions can be kicked off swift and have to beg to use it the same thing can happen with anything controlled by man, it’s not truly decentralized, it’s basically swift but on blockchain. That’s why imo there is bitcoin and then everything else. We’ll see, interesting times 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mally2 said:

I would be too and imo that’s the problem with a private company like ripple. If countries and institutions can be kicked off swift and have to beg to use it the same thing can happen with anything controlled by man, it’s not truly decentralized, it’s basically swift but on blockchain. That’s why imo there is bitcoin and then everything else. We’ll see, interesting times 

I understand your way of thinking, I do. I’m a libertarian by nature, absolutely hate the idea of govt controlling our lives. But I believe the govt created BTC…. Homeland security already uncovered who the four satoshis were that designed BTC are. The question you should be asking yourself is why if they know have they not revealed that to the public? Why are people like Michael Saylor’s hedge fund worried about those 4 people dumping their 1 million BTC in the market at any given time? The story of BTC bothers me. Also it has been found that the same IP address that launched BTC launched opencoin…. Which was eventually gifted to Ripple Labs the company. However the opencoin ledger is a decentralized ledger. If the company Ripple went out of business tomorrow the xrpl would still function and developers could still develop on it. No one really knows the truth but the founders and leaders of Ripple always seem to have a seat at the table with the likes of the Bank of international Settlement, the IMF, World Bank, United Nations, on the Faster Payments Council for the (FEDNOW Service you mentioned), just to name a few. Xrp is treated as property by the IRS, deemed a currency by Fincen so you may want to a little more digging as it relates to which digital assets you throw your hard earned money into. It’s all been planned, I may not like what I find but I have to go down these rabbit holes when we are talking money here. You mentioned swift, swift is an outdated messaging service from the 70’s so a better faster cheaper version of swift is necessary in the modern world and the ability to settle with finality is something totally new for the crossborder institutions. Partners like Accenture and Finastra, R3 Corda settler already partner with all these banks that are lacking liquidity. We’ll see how it all shakes out but there is definitely a use case for xrp and Xlm. Not so much for the other 26,000. + crypto coins…. On that we can definitely agree there are scams etc. I’m just cautioning everyone not to put all their eggs in the Btc basket 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

12 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I understand your way of thinking, I do. I’m a libertarian by nature, absolutely hate the idea of govt controlling our lives. But I believe the govt created BTC…. Homeland security already uncovered who the four satoshis were that designed BTC are. The question you should be asking yourself is why if they know have they not revealed that to the public? Why are people like Michael Saylor’s hedge fund worried about those 4 people dumping their 1 million BTC in the market at any given time? The story of BTC bothers me. Also it has been found that the same IP address that launched BTC launched opencoin…. Which was eventually gifted to Ripple Labs the company. However the opencoin ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger is a decentralized ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger. If the company Ripple went out of business tomorrow the xrpl would still function and developers could still develop on it. No one really knows the truth but the founders and leaders of Ripple always seem to have a seat at the table with the likes of the Bank of international Settlement, the IMF, World Bank, United Nations, on the Faster Payments Council for the (FEDNOW Service you mentioned), just to name a few. Xrp is treated as property by the IRS, deemed a currency by Fincen so you may want to a little more digging as it relates to which digital assets you throw your hard earned money into. It’s all been planned, I may not like what I find but I have to go down these rabbit holes when we are talking money here. You mentioned swift, swift is an outdated messaging service from the 70’s so a better faster cheaper version of swift is necessary in the modern world and the ability to settle with finality is something totally new for the crossborder institutions. Partners like Accenture and Finastra, R3 Corda settler already partner with all these banks that are lacking liquidity. We’ll see how it all shakes out but there is definitely a use case for xrp and Xlm. Not so much for the other 26,000. + crypto coins…. On that we can definitely agree there are scams etc. I’m just cautioning everyone not to put all their eggs in the Btc basket 

Complicated subject and I appreciate your view. It doesnt matter who created bitcoin or ultimately what happens to the 1 million coins the creator still sits on. Its a protocol and it has a giant head start, there is no other pow ledger that can catch its lead in terms of decentrilization. I saw this tweet yesterday, its a scene from a movie that I have not seen but it might as well be this exact converstation were having. There is a reason xrp always seems to have a seat at the table. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I understand your way of thinking, I do. I’m a libertarian by nature, absolutely hate the idea of govt controlling our lives. But I believe the govt created BTC…. Homeland security already uncovered who the four satoshis were that designed BTC are. The question you should be asking yourself is why if they know have they not revealed that to the public? Why are people like Michael Saylor’s hedge fund worried about those 4 people dumping their 1 million BTC in the market at any given time? The story of BTC bothers me. Also it has been found that the same IP address that launched BTC launched opencoin…. Which was eventually gifted to Ripple Labs the company. However the opencoin ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger is a decentralized ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger. If the company Ripple went out of business tomorrow the xrpl would still function and developers could still develop on it. No one really knows the truth but the founders and leaders of Ripple always seem to have a seat at the table with the likes of the Bank of international Settlement, the IMF, World Bank, United Nations, on the Faster Payments Council for the (FEDNOW Service you mentioned), just to name a few. Xrp is treated as property by the IRS, deemed a currency by Fincen so you may want to a little more digging as it relates to which digital assets you throw your hard earned money into. It’s all been planned, I may not like what I find but I have to go down these rabbit holes when we are talking money here. You mentioned swift, swift is an outdated messaging service from the 70’s so a better faster cheaper version of swift is necessary in the modern world and the ability to settle with finality is something totally new for the crossborder institutions. Partners like Accenture and Finastra, R3 Corda settler already partner with all these banks that are lacking liquidity. We’ll see how it all shakes out but there is definitely a use case for xrp and Xlm. Not so much for the other 26,000. + crypto coins…. On that we can definitely agree there are scams etc. I’m just cautioning everyone not to put all their eggs in the Btc basket 

Also it has been foundthat the same IP address that launched BTC launchedopencoin…. Which was eventually gifted to Ripple Labs thecompany. However the opencoin ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger is a decentralized ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger. 

I did not know this. Where did you hear that? Is that why some  people say David Shwartz is Satoshi?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slb said:

Also it has been foundthat the same IP address that launched BTC launchedopencoin…. Which was eventually gifted to Ripple Labs thecompany. However the opencoin ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger is a decentralized ledger crypto wallet" rel="external nofollow">ledger. 

I did not know this. Where did you hear that? Is that why some  people say David Shwartz is Satoshi?

David Schwartz was definitely an early Btc developer from what I’ve read and he pulled patents on what DLT is know as today back in 1988 if you can believe that. He was also a NSA cryptographer. Pretty smart dude. I am not sure he is one of the original 4 but definitely worked with them in the early days. Who knows?! If you read it on the internet but I did see some documents showing the IP addresses matched for BTC and Opencoin before it was called xrp. 

Also if you follow the Green Agenda and WEF…. Carbon neutrality is a going to be a. Huge issue, so banking on a POW coin that takes tons of electrical resources to mine doesn’t make much sense. Xrp is premined and a deflationary asset as some xrp is burned off every time there is a transaction. 

we’ll see

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

David Schwartz was definitely an early Btc developer from what I’ve read and he pulled patents on what DLT is know as today back in 1988 if you can believe that. He was also a NSA cryptographer. Pretty smart dude. I am not sure he is one of the original 4 but definitely worked with them in the early days. Who knows?! If you read it on the internet but I did see some documents showing the IP addresses matched for BTC and Opencoin before it was called xrp. 

Also if you follow the Green Agenda and WEF…. Carbon neutrality is a going to be a. Huge issue, so banking on a POW coin that takes tons of electrical resources to mine doesn’t make much sense. Xrp is premined and a deflationary asset as some xrp is burned off every time there is a transaction. 

we’ll see

Thanks 

• Upvote 2

On 3/21/2023 at 8:03 PM, mally2 said:

Fortune Article Says Ripple and XRP Could Succeed Regardless of SEC Case Outcome

DATE:

MARCH 25, 2023

WRITTEN BY:

Ripple XRP XRP
- Advertisement -

Roberts taps Ripple’s ODL as its key to sustainable success.

In a recent newsletter, Fortune Crypto Editor Jeff John Roberts asserted that Ripple has finally found a long-term value proposition for the company and XRP, the native token of the XRP ledger.

In the newsletter titled “Ripple and XRP may finally be for real,” Roberts reveals that he has always been skeptical of the value proposition of the cryptocurrency until he met with Ripple President Monica Long this week. Notably, the “Kings of Crypto: Coinbase and the Next Generation Finance” author now believes Ripple and XRP have found their niche with Ripple’s On-Demand Liquidity (ODL) product.

As highlighted by Roberts and previously reported by The Crypto Basic, the ODL product has grown rapidly in the last two years from just three countries in 2020 to 40 payout markets today, representing nearly 90% of the foreign exchange market. Roberts disclosed that Long explained that Ripple achieved this growth by focusing on partnerships with small and medium-sized banks that appreciated the lower transaction costs.

For context, Ripple’s ODL utilizes XRP as a bridge currency to allow for near-instant cross-border payments at low cost. Consequently, the author expressed the belief that with this model, the company may be positioned to succeed regardless of the outcome of its legal battle with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

“All of this is to say that Ripple, more than ever before, has figured out a long-term value proposition for both the company and XRP—and that it may be poised to succeed regardless of how its big court case turns out,” Roberts surmised.

Recall that the blockchain payments company remains locked in a legal battle with the SEC that has spanned over two years. The SEC claims that Ripple’s sales of XRP to fund its business violate securities law, arguing that XRP is an unregistered security.

- Advertisement -

As reported by The Crypto Basic yesterday, Long recently expressed that she is confident of a positive outcome in the case. Pundits have predicted that a ruling could come between now and the middle of April.

- Advertisement -

Author

Okoya David
Okoya David
Okoya David Kio is a crypto enthusiast passionate about understanding what makes the nascent market tick. When he's not pondering about cryptocurrencies, you might find him in a BP debate room trying to proffer solutions to age-old societal problems.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

What is unique about ripple? It can settle cross border payments for little cost instantly? So could many proof of stake blockchains, that’s the beauty of the invention of blockchain. Proof of stake to me just means you have consolidated power group, the owners so to speak, who validate the transaction as legitimate. Ripple uses some obfuscation language in my opinion “proof of consensus’ just like the current swift system uses the same language to pretend a consortium of banks gets to manage it and decide who can use it but everyone knows the power is ultimately consolidated with the us gov and enforcement is at the end of real power, the US military. Maybe I’m missing something? Maybe some countries will choose to use ripple for some reason and you’ll make a good return but it’ll just be dressing up the old system in new tech. 

3 hours ago, mally2 said:

What is unique about ripple? It can settle cross border payments for little cost instantly? So could many proof of stake blockchains, that’s the beauty of the invention of blockchain. Proof of stake to me just means you have consolidated power group, the owners so to speak, who validate the transaction as legitimate. Ripple uses some obfuscation language in my opinion “proof of consensus’ just like the current swift system uses the same language to pretend a consortium of banks gets to manage it and decide who can use it but everyone knows the power is ultimately consolidated with the us gov and enforcement is at the end of real power, the US military. Maybe I’m missing something? Maybe some countries will choose to use ripple for some reason and you’ll make a good return but it’ll just be dressing up the old system in new tech. 

Time will answer these questions.....appreciate your posts....CL

• Upvote 1