Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Sudanese advisor reveals the content of the new agreement between Erbil and Baghdad and Kurdistan's deposit of revenues

6ly410

4 hours ago, Retiredofficer said:

I’m a wee bit excited; however, I’m not quite sure I can coax the Fat Lady to mount the stage one last time. Besides I forgot where I stashed the microphone after she slammed it to floor 2 or 3 years ago.  Let’s RV Bit&h!

Oh, we’re way past coaxing here! Time to push that big lady’s fat 🍑 onto the stage, shove the microphone in her face and poke her with a cattle prod until she sings 🎶 

• Haha 14
  • Pow! 1

19 minutes ago, Carrello said:

Dinariffic, you are right! And that was the door that opened for us to invest! Let's remember when the US invaded Iraq the Coalition Provision Authority (CPA), Paul Bremer, de-valued the IQD. We then had new IQD printed, distributed, and the Hussein notes were collected and destroyed. The SIGIR report submitted quarterly to Congress presented the conditions in Iraq and stated the IQD would eventually be reinstated to $1.19. A presidential Executive Order was signed that stated it was legal for US citizens to purchase IQD. 

Looks like people that were around in 2003 and understood the plan for Iraq regionally and economically, realized the plan included banking and governmental reform and included bringing the IQD back to a realistic value. It always pay to have people in control that understand history, process, and long term planning. The last two years have shown us that in actions, results and black and white articles.

Thank you very much @Carrellofor this concise and informative post! I’ve been unaware of some of these historical facts. Really good to know this, and if they RV at $1.19 I’ll be ecstatic! 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 9
  • Pow! 1

4 hours ago, Carrello said:

A presidential Executive Order was signed that stated it was legal for US citizens to purchase IQD. 

EO 13303... years ago i would set in on dinar think tanks way to much it was always debated if thats what the 13303 was about , ive debated selling so many times and using the money for other ventures ... here we sit 🤣 cheers carrello

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 3n1 said:

EO 13303... years ago i would set in on dinar think tanks way to much it was always debated if thats what the 13303 was about , ive debated selling so many times and using the money for other ventures ... here we sit 🤣 cheers carrello

EO 13303 along with CPA Regulations and Orders allowed IQD purchase. I don't recall which Reg/Order it was, but I read it about 8-9 years ago.  For the curious: https://govinfo.library.unt.edu/cpa-iraq/regulations/

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jaygo said:

I don’t get excited about anything I read. Been here since 2009. Nothing surprises me anymore. 🤦🏻

I'm sorry you can't see what's happening. It's understandable.

But many of us are excited, apprehensive, and anticipating a winning ticket this time. It may take a little while, but nobody will quell my giddiness! Get out your party dresses and wash the car. We are going to be one big party SOON!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 7

37 minutes ago, Carrello said:

But many of us are excited, apprehensive, and anticipating a winning ticket this time. It may take a little while, but nobody will quell my giddiness! Get out your party dresses and wash the car. We are going to be one big party SOON!

If this ever happens and RV's ..... please let me supply the kegs for the party. We could have a old time 80's kegger 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Engine1 said:

If this ever happens and RV's ..... please let me supply the kegs for the party. We could have a old time 80's kegger 

soooo generous…. A keg of beer.How about some party favors gold bars too. Kidding.

Imagine the money value total of the people in that room. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jg1 said:

soooo generous…. A keg of beer.How about some party favors gold bars too. Kidding.

Imagine the money value total of the people in that room. 

Kegs of beer. Lots and lots of beer. Heck I will start a wapatoui, or as some call it jungle juice..... everyone bring your favorite bottle and fruit  or fruit juice to add to the concoction... talk about a quick drunk...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RV-2-Day said:

So where is Adam if there really is anything to this.   Seems like he would at least do a drive by.

I guess all have been trained but I never did get a clear answer regarding why an HCL had to happen for the RV to take place or visa versa

thats been batted around forever if the hcl is needed to reinstate the iqd value, we are all just speculating on the iqd for a positive some have risked little some much others sold back thinking its foolish and beyond logic , im sure you have heard it all by now anyways , no one knows the rate the date or if it will ever happen if they claim to know they are blowing smoke and dont have anymore of a clue than anyone else,  its been dragging on so long imo i doubt enterprising minds cant even sell a e-book about the venture anymore 🤣  ... waiting 

• Like 1

ITS ALREDY SET UP FOR THE KILL, THE SYSTEM WAS SET BEFORE WE PLACED OUR BET! YEA I KNOW YOU YOUNG STUDS KNOW ALOT, BUT I ALREADY RODE THIS TRAIN EVEN BEFORE IRAQ WAS DESTROTED BY gEORGE BUSH!  THIS GEO POLITICS AND IF YOU ARE IN THE PRIME ATNTHE RIGHT TIME THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL YOU REAP !  DONT HAVE TO BELEIVE ME! JUST GO TO GEO POLITICS AND YOULL LEARN FROM YOUR HIGH SCHOOL NOT TEACHING IT! OH YES JESUS!  GOT TO KEEP THE PEOPLE DOWN AND BLIND!!  BE BLESSED PEOPLE!  THE REAL FATHER GOD ABOVE LOVES YOU! JUST DONT FALL FOR SATAN ! GET EM TRUMP!  WE KNOW THE GAME!

• Downvote 1
  • Pow! 4

The Sudanese advisor reveals the content of the new agreement between Erbil and Baghdad and Kurdistan's deposit of revenues

1678708565255.jpeg
2023-03-17 09:14

Shafaq News/ Fadi Al-Shammari, the political advisor to the Prime Minister, Muhammad Shia' Al-Sudani, stated, on Friday, that the agreement reached by Erbil and Baghdad within the draft budget law for the year 2023 leads to the Kurdistan Regional Government depositing all financial revenues in one central bank account, describing this agreement as fair. .

Al-Shammari said in his blog on social networking sites today, that the federal government was able to complete its recent agreement with the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq, out of its commitment to implementing its governmental and political program, by placing the region’s revenues in one central account, adding that the agreement is one of the achievements of the federal government that It achieved it according to its policy based on understanding, constructive dialogue, openness and sincere intention to reach radical solutions.

He warned that reaching an agreement depends on showing the federal government's ability to formulate solutions and resolve crises in a serious and comprehensive manner, and sets a real strategy that preserves the unity of Iraq and under the roof of the constitution.

Al-Shammari added, "The agreement contributes to preserving wealth, as some of the region's revenues used to go to companies in an unfair way, so our people in Kurdistan and the entire Iraqi state do not benefit from them, and now these revenues will return to the central fund."

And he went on to say that in the budget for the current year 2023, the number will be available and the account will be announced to the public opinion in the region and the federal government, so that a page of unproductive interactions that extended for several years would have contributed to creating instability at the political, security and economic levels.

Al-Sudani’s advisor continued, saying that for the first time since 2003, this government takes the initiative and obtains a fair agreement between it and the regional government, which stipulates that the region’s oil revenues be placed in an open, clear, declared and monitored account by the federal government and the Audit Bureau, and is subject to the audit of an international company, referring to Any sub or invisible accounts will be closed.

Al-Shammari continued by saying that all contracts will be comprehensively reviewed and audited, and all of them will be subject to the Board of Financial Supervision, and then they will be adapted in a way that removes the injustice and damage that occurred after the contracting of the region in unstable conditions, in a way that achieves higher revenues for the benefit of the Iraqi state, at a rate of 11-15 dollars per barrel. It is unfairly acquired by companies, as he puts it.

Al-Sudani's advisor appreciated the position of the leadership of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq for its understanding and desire to resolve outstanding issues and reach practical and real agreements, and we assure our people from south to north that the roof of the state is a tent of peace, care and protection for all.

On Monday, March 13, Prime Minister Muhammad Shia al-Sudani announced an agreement to end the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil over the oil revenues of the Kurdistan Region.

Al-Sudani said, during a press conference held after the cabinet session, that "an agreement was reached to solve the problems between the center and the region regarding oil and gas by placing the revenues from the region's oil in a bank."

He added, "For the first time, we reached an agreement that the region's oil revenues be deposited in one account and authorize the region's prime minister and the federal prime minister to monitor the account, and there will be a committee that will submit its recommendations to the federal prime minister to take the appropriate decision."

The oil export and revenue file in the Kurdistan Region is one of the most prominent points of contention between Baghdad and Erbil, and it was usually used as a card for political escalation when relations between the center and the region soured.

The dispute over this file escalated after the Federal Supreme Court (the highest judicial authority in Iraq) issued on February 15, 2022 a ruling that the oil and gas law in the Kurdistan Regional Government was unconstitutional.

The Federal Court obligated the Kurdistan Regional Government to hand over oil imports to Baghdad, which sparked angry reactions from the region during a period that was essentially serious political tension, as the ruling was issued in conjunction with the height of the political impasse that followed the early elections in October 2021.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

Al-Rikabi: Kurdistan oil revenues with a known account and under the supervision of the federal government

March 17, 2023

Baghdad / Obelisk: Hisham Al-Rikabi, Advisor to Prime Minister Muhammad Al-Sudani, said, on Thursday, that the oil revenues of the Kurdistan region have become in a known account and under the supervision of the federal government.

Hisham Al-Rikabi wrote in his tweet on Twitter, "The high understanding and keenness of the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government resulted in what was stated in the federal budget."

He added, "As it is for the first time since 2002 that the region's oil revenues are in a known account and under the supervision of the federal government, and in light of that, all other accounts were closed."

There are disagreements between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government over the distribution of oil revenues and exploration and exploration rights for oil in the disputed areas. In 2014, Kurdish forces seized oil fields in the Kirkuk region and other areas in northern Iraq, which led to an escalation of the dispute between the Iraqi government and the Kurdistan Regional Government.

Since then, the two governments have negotiated the necessary conditions for the distribution of oil revenues and exploration rights. In 2019, an agreement was reached between the two governments providing for equal distribution of oil revenues and exploration and exploration rights between them, which led to an improvement in relations between the two governments. But there are still some differences between them, especially regarding investment rights and border issues.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Carrello said:

I gave you a POW but my party dress is dusty and the bank that I have been sitting in front of for the last 15 years in now filing for bankruptcy!!! 😂

• Upvote 1

Oil Money Account: A Step to Settlement Between Baghdad and Erbil, or a Temporary Calm? Report provides answers

Oil Money Account: A Step to Settlement Between Baghdad and Erbil, or a Temporary Calm?  Report provides answers

Baghdad - Nas  

The first reactions in Iraq show that allocating a bank account for the oil revenues of the Kurdistan region and making it under government control is a step that would lead to a settlement of the contentious elements between the federal government in Baghdad and the regional government. However, observers believe that this step may be just a front for a temporary calm, after which tension returns, because the Kurds believe that this measure limits their benefit from the region's oil revenues, according to a report by the London-based Al-Arab.    

The report, which was followed by "NAS", (March 18, 2023), quoted the media advisor to the Iraqi Prime Minister, Hisham al-Rikabi, as saying that the understanding between the Iraqi federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government allows the region's revenues to be in a known account and under government control.  

Al-Rikabi confirmed, in a tweet on his official account on Twitter, that "the high understanding and keenness of the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government resulted in what was stated in the federal budget."  

He added, "For the first time since 2003, the region's oil revenues are in a known account and under the supervision of the federal government, and in light of that, all other accounts were closed."  

The move could lead to a breakthrough in the long-running dispute over the sharing of oil revenues between the Iraqi national government and the Kurdistan Region, especially since agreeing on regular payments from the budget will help the KRG mitigate the backlog of its employees' salaries.  

Since assuming the government, Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shia al-Sudani has sought to find a calm with the Kurdistan region, as he visited him a few days ago and talked about a “comprehensive agreement” for all contentious issues between the region and the center.  

During a meeting with the President of the region, Masoud Barzani, Al-Sudani affirmed that the Iraqi government possesses the will and serious desire to radically end the outstanding issues between Baghdad and Erbil, and move to a broad horizon of joint action and economic opportunities that benefit the people of Kurdistan and all the provinces.  

Al-Sudani pushed for the transfer of 400 billion Iraqi dinars ($308 million) to the Kurdish government, about two months after the Federal Supreme Court ruled that orders from the Baghdad government to transfer funds to the KRG to pay salaries in 2021 and 2022 were illegal because they violated the Iraqi budget law.  

It is noteworthy that this agreement is linked to an understanding on the Kurds' share of the budget, an agreement that did not receive complete satisfaction from the region, but its economically difficult internal situation prompted it to accept it.  

Under the Iraqi constitution, the Kurdistan Regional Government is entitled to receive part of the national budget. But that system collapsed in 2014, when the Kurds took control of the major oil fields in northern Iraq, Kirkuk, from Islamic State militants, and began selling crude from there independently.  

Observers believe that the political truce based on the personal enthusiasm of the Iraqi prime minister may postpone the differences but does not resolve them, noting that the fundamental dispute is linked to the agenda of the Kurdistan region, which is based on separation and seeks to prepare its conditions, and that its vision of managing oil revenues falls under this agenda, and that no matter what The central government made concessions without the expectations of the leaders of the region.  

Since 2003, Baghdad and Erbil have disagreed on the issue of managing the oil fields in the region, as Baghdad says that the region does not authorize the real sums for exporting oil, and does not hand over those sums to it, while Kurdistan says that exports from the oil fields in its territory must be subject to its management, both in terms of Granting licenses for new exploration, managing existing fields, controlling production and export to destinations of your choice, or contracting for purchase and development.  

This contradiction led to many disagreements, which were resolved by the Federal Court's decision, which rejected the oil and gas law in the region and considered it illegal.  

Last year, the Federal Court issued a decision stating that the oil and gas law of the Kurdistan Regional Government issued in 2007 was unconstitutional, and canceled for violating the provisions of constitutional articles, as well as obligating the region to hand over oil production to the federal government.  

Last January, tension between Baghdad and Erbil increased after the Federal Court, the highest judicial body in Iraq, ruled that it was unconstitutional for the government to send sums of money to finance the salaries of employees and workers in the public sector in the Kurdistan region.  

Massoud Barzani, in an open letter to public opinion, accused the Federal Court of carrying out suspicious agendas, calling on the constituent parties of the State Administration Coalition to state their positions regarding what he described as the court's violations against the interests of Iraq and the Kurdistan region.  

He said that whenever there was an opportunity to provide a positive atmosphere between the Kurdistan region and Baghdad, and signs of resolving problems appeared, the Federal Court immediately aborted that with a hostile decision, which complicated the problems.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, RV-2-Day said:

So where is Adam if there really is anything to this.   Seems like he would at least do a drive by.

I guess all have been trained but I never did get a clear answer regarding why an HCL had to happen for the RV to take place or visa versa

Adams only gonna tell you exactly what you’re reading and hearing right before you!  Please exercise some measure of faith here.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

%D9%86%D9%81%D8%B7-1170x610.jpg

The first reactions in Iraq show that allocating a bank account for the oil revenues of the Kurdistan region and making it under government control is a step that would lead to a settlement of the contentious elements between the federal government in Baghdad and the regional government. However, observers believe that this step may be just a front for a temporary calm, after which tension returns, because the Kurds believe that this measure limits their benefit from the region’s oil revenues, according to a report by the London-based Al-Arab. 

The report quoted the media advisor to the Iraqi Prime Minister, Hisham al-Rikabi, as saying that the understanding between the Iraqi federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government allows the region's revenues to be at a known account and under the government's control.

Al-Rikabi confirmed, in a tweet on his official account on Twitter, that "the high understanding and keenness of the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government resulted in what was stated in the federal budget."

He added, "For the first time since 2003, the region's oil revenues are in a known account and under the supervision of the federal government, and in light of that, all other accounts were closed."

The high understanding and keenness of the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government resulted in what was stated in the federal budget, as for the first time since 2003 the region's oil revenues are in a known account and under the supervision of the federal government, and in light of that all other accounts were closed. pic.twitter.com/zSkD8yI5FT

The move could lead to a breakthrough in the long-running dispute over the sharing of oil revenues between the Iraqi national government and the Kurdistan Region, especially since agreeing on regular payments from the budget will help the KRG mitigate the backlog of its employees' salaries.

Since assuming the government, Iraqi Prime Minister Muhammad Shia al-Sudani has sought to find a calm with the Kurdistan region, as he visited him a few days ago and talked about a “comprehensive agreement” for all contentious issues between the region and the center.

During a meeting with the President of the region, Masoud Barzani, Al-Sudani affirmed that the Iraqi government possesses the will and serious desire to radically end the outstanding issues between Baghdad and Erbil, and move to a broad horizon of joint action and economic opportunities that benefit the people of Kurdistan and all the provinces.

Al-Sudani pushed for the transfer of 400 billion Iraqi dinars ($308 million) to the Kurdish government, about two months after the Federal Supreme Court ruled that orders from the Baghdad government to transfer funds to the KRG to pay salaries in 2021 and 2022 were illegal because they violated the Iraqi budget law.

It is noteworthy that this agreement is linked to an understanding on the Kurds' share of the budget, an agreement that did not receive complete satisfaction from the region, but its economically difficult internal situation prompted it to accept it.

Under the Iraqi constitution, the Kurdistan Regional Government is entitled to receive part of the national budget. But that system collapsed in 2014, when the Kurds took control of the major oil fields in northern Iraq, Kirkuk, from Islamic State militants, and began selling crude from there independently.

Observers believe that the political truce based on the personal enthusiasm of the Iraqi prime minister may postpone the differences but does not resolve them, noting that the fundamental dispute is linked to the agenda of the Kurdistan region, which is based on separation and seeks to prepare its conditions, and that its vision of managing oil revenues falls under this agenda, and that no matter what The central government made concessions without the expectations of the leaders of the region.

Since 2003, Baghdad and Erbil have disagreed on the issue of managing the oil fields in the region, as Baghdad says that the region does not authorize the real sums for exporting oil, and does not hand over those sums to it, while Kurdistan says that exports from the oil fields in its territory must be subject to its management, both in terms of Granting licenses for new exploration, managing existing fields, controlling production and export to destinations of your choice, or contracting for purchase and development.

This contradiction led to many disagreements, which were resolved by the Federal Court's decision, which rejected the oil and gas law in the region and considered it illegal.

Last year, the Federal Court issued a decision stating that the oil and gas law of the Kurdistan Regional Government issued in 2007 was unconstitutional, and canceled for violating the provisions of constitutional articles, as well as obligating the region to hand over oil production to the federal government.

Last January, tension between Baghdad and Erbil increased after the Federal Court, the highest judicial body in Iraq, ruled that it was unconstitutional for the government to send sums of money to finance the salaries of employees and workers in the public sector in the Kurdistan region.

Massoud Barzani, in an open letter to public opinion, accused the Federal Court of carrying out suspicious agendas, calling on the constituent parties of the State Administration Coalition to state their positions regarding what he described as the court's violations against the interests of Iraq and the Kurdistan region.

He said that whenever there was an opportunity to provide a positive atmosphere between the Kurdistan region and Baghdad, and signs of resolving problems appeared, the Federal Court immediately aborted that with a hostile decision, which complicated the problems.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4