Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sunday Midnight Opinions - CST - 1/29/2023

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt .... :twothumbs: RON 

Frank26  Article: "Al-Sudani acknowledges the existence of a rise in prices and says that the window for selling the currency "distorted" the financial and banking systems" Quote: "al-Sudani said, "A delegation headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs...will visit Washington, bringing with it several files. One of these files will be dealt with with the US Federal Bank and the Treasury Department, to find out the repercussions of applying the standards set by the US Treasury in a way that guarantees the desired goal from all sides. A PROGRAM RATE IS NOT DESIRED BY EITHER SIDE... THAT IS WHY THE FINAL EXCLAMATION OF THE MONETARY REFORM IS BEING TAKEN TO WASHINGTON DC... IN MY OPINION...THE MONETARY REFORM EDUCATION GOES ACROSS THE POND TO DC!

RVAlready  From what I just heard, if I understood correctly, all sales and use of the US dollar in Iraq end tomorrow. I doubt this stops all of the black market tomorrow. But it stops all official use of the dollar. This should allow an international RV tomorrow. We will see what happens.

Sandy Ingram   The dinar went into a tail spin against the dollar after the New York Federal Reserve imposed tighter controls on international dollar transactions by commercial Iraqi banks in November to hold the illegal sharing of US dollars with Iran...The US is making it clear they will not tolerate violations of US sanctions against Iraq.  There appears to be evidence of Iraq funneling large sums of US dollars into private bank account in Iran.  This supposedly occurred shorty after the new prime minister was instated...

Clare  Article: "Independent deputy: Al- Sudani's visit to Washington is the only and last solution to the crisis of the dollar's rise" Quote: "If the visit is successful, the dollar exchange rate may drop to 1,450 dinars to its previous state."

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 3

There appears to be evidence of Iraq funneling large sums of US dollars into private bank account in Iran.  Thissupposedly occurred shorty after the new prime minister was instated...

It’s very concerning to me that this would happen right after a new PM is instated, maybe I’m reading to much into this…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sgtsanders said:

There appears to be evidence of Iraq funneling large sums of US dollars into private bank account in Iran.  Thissupposedly occurred shorty after the new prime minister was instated...

It’s very concerning to me that this would happen right after a new PM is instated, maybe I’m reading to much into this…

Could have been the corrupt ministers seeing what’s coming?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Clare  Article: "Independent deputy: Al- Sudani's visit to Washington is the only and last solution to the crisis of the dollar's rise" Quote: "If the visit is successful, the dollar exchange rate may drop to 1,450 dinars to its previous state.":tiphat:

What is the previous state 12,70 ???   How long at the previous state ???   Not good.  One step forward, two steps back.   Just curious.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgtsanders said:

I hope so…

Probably bored and just thinking aloud here: 

With no visible 'Marshall Plan' in place to rebuild Iraq into a functional democracy, the exchange rate is likely linked to the 'price of freedom' that should be billed to Iraq by the Fed. The piper needs paid!

My delusion is that dinar loaded onto cargo planes during the George W period has and will continue to function as 'civil' leverage and be used to influence Iraqis' leaders. US leverage could also allow the dinar to be a strategic asset if the petro dollar hegemony wanes.

Back to reality: I am not expecting a lottery win-type exchange rate, despite the length of time and how much I have risked on this investment. If it is 1 USD- to -100 IQD, I will still be back flipping and probably holding as Adam (back in the day) speculated a 10 cent to one dinar rate. Add another zero, please!

The float, if it happens, will be an ongoing battle for Iraqi leadership to get their sh*t together and an opportunity for us to hold longer for the bigger rewards that should come as Iraq diversifies their economy.

For me, I don't think I will be cashing out any time soon and will likely have some dinar until the day I die. Hopefully, that is not in the near future! 🤪

And, finally, I hope I am gloriously wrong about everything and the rate is 1-to-1!

😆🤓😆

• Like 1