Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sunday Evening Opinions - 7:50 PM CST - 1/22/2023

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when.  They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt .... :twothumbs: RON 

Nader From The Mid East  They said the 1st maybe the 2nd something will happen.  I don't know what it is.  I wish I know what it is but something is happening.

Samson  Article: "Shafaq News/ The Iraqi ministry of Interior announced the arrest of a group of forex traders on Saturday...A source told our Agency that the security forces were tracing a "gang of forex traders" involved in "manipulating the market and tampering with the US dollar's exchange rate against the Iraqi dinar."

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

Samson  Article: "Shafaq News/ The Iraqi ministry of Interior announced the arrest of a group of forex traders on Saturday...A source told our Agency that the security forces were tracing a "gang of forex traders" involved in "manipulating the market and tampering with the US dollar's exchange rate against the Iraqi dinar."  

Wow..! Some forex traders were trying to manipulate the system to make some quick money off the Iraqi currency.  BUSTED - thank goodness...But, it could be an indicator of what's coming down the road.

My major concern at this time is the IMF 2% requirement (90 days compliance). Unless the CBI gets a special exemption, they have to get the IQD street & market rates within 2% compliance, then wait 90 days before any revalue can take place.

RON :tiphat:

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

2 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

My major concern at this time is the IMF 2% requirement (90 days compliance). Unless the CBI gets a special exemption, they have to get the IQD street & market rates within 2% compliance, then wait 90 days before any revalue can take place.

didnt they have this?????? for more than 90 days????

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I was waiting for Ron to post these posts from Pimpy, but I don't know if he will. So I had to grab it from that golfer guru's site and bring it in...I hope that's alright?  I only wanted to expand on it because of what my tax guy told me...I don't know how many years ago, 7 or 8 years ago maybe?  He me back then that he did taxes for a contractor in Iraq, that said he was guarding dinars in a wharehouse.  This was more than 5 years ago, 7 or 8, I cannot be certain.  But Pimpy's current posts relate to that now.  I wonder how much of it is true?....Here is what the Pimpu guru wrote-

Pimpy – Dinar Guru  The truth of the matter is we have no idea how much Iraqi currency is in circulation.  I’ve read articles talking about for…5 or 6 years Iraq was spending somewhere in the neighborhood of a billion dollars…buying the dinars back and destroying them [a] soldier was telling his friend that when he was in Iraq…he had to log in their currencies as they destroyed it.  As soon as he said that I asked him about it. I said, ‘You’re talking about the new [dinar]?  The dinars of today?’  He said, yeah. I said, ‘Did they say why they were destroying them?‘ He didn’t know why but their job was to protect their currency and so he had to log in a list of serial numbers and they were destroying it.  He said they destroyed a ton of it.  Even though it says there’s 157 trillion dinars that are in circulation how many of them are actually in circulation?  …that’s one of the question I have.  I know this for a fact Iraq was trying really hard to figure out what is and is not in the hands of speculators and how many dinars are actually out there

• Thanks 4

12 hours ago, hspotman said:

I was waiting for Ron to post these posts from Pimpy, but I don't know if he will. So I had to grab it from that golfer guru's site and bring it in...I hope that's alright?  I only wanted to expand on it because of what my tax guy told me...I don't know how many years ago, 7 or 8 years ago maybe?  He me back then that he did taxes for a contractor in Iraq, that said he was guarding dinars in a wharehouse.  This was more than 5 years ago, 7 or 8, I cannot be certain.  But Pimpy's current posts relate to that now.  I wonder how much of it is true?....Here is what the Pimpu guru wrote-

Pimpy – Dinar Guru  The truth of the matter is we have no idea how much Iraqi currency is in circulation.  I’ve read articles talking about for…5 or 6 years Iraq was spending somewhere in the neighborhood of a billion dollars…buying the dinars back and destroying them [a] soldier was telling his friend that when he was in Iraq…he had to log in their currencies as they destroyed it.  As soon as he said that I asked him about it. I said, ‘You’re talking about the new [dinar]?  The dinars of today?’  He said, yeah. I said, ‘Did they say why they were destroying them?‘ He didn’t know why but their job was to protect their currency and so he had to log in a list of serial numbers and they were destroying it.  He said they destroyed a ton of it.  Even though it says there’s 157 trillion dinars that are in circulation how many of them are actually in circulation?  …that’s one of the question I have.  I know this for a fact Iraq was trying really hard to figure out what is and is not in the hands of speculators and how many dinars are actually out there

But this was so long ago, and they seem to be still doing it.  What does this mean for us?

• Thanks 2