Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

President Rashid stresses the importance of passing the oil and gas law to "achieve justice in the distribution of wealth"

yota691

1 hour ago, edbeach said:

Would be fine if that was the case but as you know everytime we turn around they they keep pushing it further away next you will see they need Ramadam then go forward after Ramadam > Then they need go on anther 30 to 60 day recession. Then you see they push to following session in fall then they push to winter session. Low and behold comes end of year and they push to 2024 session here we go again to repeat in the next year. This is how they operate continue kicking the can down the road even with all the good news coming out.

Eddie Eddie Eddie. Don't let two decades of the same M.O. jade your hope for this time around. LoL!

Now repeat after me.

"Two months. This parliamentary session. HCL will be passed. RV Baby!!!!"

Okay. Now you try it. 

😆

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 7

Keylime Sorry but I don't believe it. Knowing how these people handle their affairs. Been in this long enough not to believe anything they say. I hope I won't have to come back and tell you I told you so 2 to 3 years down the road. We will see next few months whats going to happen if I am still here,I'm on the border of getting out of this Iraq crap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Barzani: We reached an agreement with Baghdad to “freeze” judicial procedures until the oil and gas law is approved

Barzani: We reached an agreement with Baghdad to “freeze” judicial procedures until the oil and gas law is approved

18-01-2023 01:51 PM

Barzani - We reached an agreement with Baghdad to freeze judicial procedures until the oil and gas law is approvedThe Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Masrour Barzani, said that the long-standing dispute over the sharing of oil revenues between the Iraqi government and the Kurdistan Regional Government may be resolved within months, by agreeing on an oil and gas law.

The dispute between Erbil and Baghdad emerged in February of last year after the Iraqi Federal Supreme Court issued a ruling stating that the legal foundations of the oil and gas law in the Kurdistan region are unconstitutional.

In this context, Masrour Barzani said that the federal government pledged to freeze for the time being the judicial measures it had taken to “control the oil and gas revenues in the Kurdistan region.”

In the interview conducted by Reuters with him on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Masrour Barzani said, “What we agreed on is that all these pressures on the Kurdistan Regional Government will stop and have stopped at the present time, and we will wait until we have an oil and gas law.”

Until this agreement is reached, the two sides will cooperate in managing oil fields, oil sales and revenue sharing, which the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region said will be formally included in the general budget at the end.

On the date of agreement on the oil and gas law, Masrour Barzani stated that it will be within months, and added, “We had a six-month time frame. I don’t know how realistic this is, but I hope we can do it as soon as possible.”

dijlah.tv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Pow! 4

2 hours ago, edbeach said:

Keylime Sorry but I don't believe it. Knowing how these people handle their affairs. Been in this long enough not to believe anything they say. I hope I won't have to come back and tell you I told you so 2 to 3 years down the road. We will see next few months whats going to happen if I am still here,I'm on the border of getting out of this Iraq crap. 

What will you tell me? Well it wasn't two or three months. It was two or three years but they finally did it!

I guess if it is stressing you out that much maybe instead of getting out of this crap, you should back away from it and go do something else. It's not worth the frustration and anger or even disappointment. I bought my dinars years and years ago and everyday jump on here for the fun, the camaraderie, and just something to do for a few minutes a day. When it happens, it happens whether it is now or years from now. It will only make my ride on this RV train that much sweeter when we celebrate. Until then, lighten up. Put the eggs you have in this basket back in the incubator and go have some fun. If they hatch, they hatch. If they don't, they don't. It's not going to ruin my life if it doesn't happen. I'm still blessed to wake up every morning and enjoy this life God has given me. If it does happen, I will wake up every morning and enjoy this life God has given me.

Life is too short to let this aggravate you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 11

2023/01/19

Baghdad: morning

Yesterday, Wednesday, the President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid, revealed the existence of many areas of work and huge opportunities for investors wishing to work in Iraq, while stressing the need to solve problems between the Kurdish political parties. 

A presidential statement stated, "The President of the Republic received, at his residence in Davos, the Chairman and CEO of the Dubai World Ports Company, Sultan Ahmed bin Salman, and the Managing Director of the company for the Middle East and North Africa, Suhail Al-Banna."

Rashid pointed out, according to the statement, to "the extent of the decline in the infrastructure as a result of the wars and conflicts that Iraq has gone through during the past decades," stressing "the current government's determination to provide the best services to citizens, especially in light of the growing security and economic stability."

He added, "There are many areas of work and huge opportunities for investors wishing to work in Iraq," noting that "Iraq is a fertile environment for entrepreneurship, due to its great energies and capabilities compared to other countries."

For his part, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Dubai World Ports Company, pointed to "Iraq's richness in its natural resources, and the importance of its strategic location as a vital passage for the shipment of goods through the port of Umm Qasr and then Turkey and other countries," explaining that "this work provides great opportunities for Iraq, which It's a huge market."

In the meantime, the President of the Republic stressed the need to solve problems between the Kurdish political parties.

Another statement stated, "Rashid received the President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Masrour Barzani, on the sidelines of the forum, and during the meeting they reviewed the latest political and security developments in Iraq."

Rashid stressed, "The importance of joining efforts and unifying visions regarding the challenges facing all Iraqis. They also discussed the misunderstanding between the Kurdish political parties and the need to focus on solving problems and putting the interests of the region's citizens first at various levels."

He called for "the necessity of giving priority to the national interest in all outstanding issues and finding decisive solutions to them in accordance with the constitution and the law, and the importance of approving the draft oil and gas law to achieve justice."

The President of the Republic also stressed, during his meeting with the President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Odile Reno Basso, the importance of strengthening relations with the European Bank, especially with regard to diversifying the economy and enhancing its stability, as well as creating the appropriate conditions for achieving sustainable economic development that focuses on facilitating the implementation of business and providing an attractive environment to achieve effective investment.

Rashid added that Iraq has the will, capabilities and energies to support a comprehensive national development, pointing out that the Iraqi government affirms that the promotion of sustainable local development takes place through building strategic regional and international partnerships, and encouraging the private sector in Iraq.

The President of the Republic called for international cooperation to maintain the movement of global food trade and prevent disruption in its supply chain, in a way that enhances food security Global.

In turn, the President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development expressed the bank's pride in the close relations with Iraq, praising the success of the Iraqi efforts to achieve economic reform.

• Upvote 3

The Iraqi president calls for international cooperation to maintain the movement of global food trade

The Iraqi president calls for international cooperation to maintain the movement of global food trade
Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid

Mubasher: Iraqi President Abd al-Latif Jamal Rashid called for international cooperation to maintain the movement of global food trade and prevent disruption in its supply chain.

An Iraqi presidential statement stated that the President of the Republic received today, Wednesday, in the World Economic Forum building, the President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Odile Reno Basso, "according to the Iraqi National News Agency."

During the meeting, the President stressed the importance of strengthening relations with the European Bank, especially with regard to diversifying the economy and enhancing its stability, as well as creating the appropriate conditions for achieving sustainable economic development that focuses on facilitating the implementation of business and providing an attractive environment for effective investment.

He added that Iraq possesses the will and has the capabilities and energies to support a comprehensive national development, noting that the Iraqi government confirms that the promotion of sustainable local development takes place through building strategic regional and international partnerships, and encouraging the private sector in Iraq.

In turn, the President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development expressed the bank's pride in the close relations with Iraq, praising the success of the Iraqi efforts to achieve economic reform, stressing the European Bank's keenness to develop joint cooperation at various levels.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

President of the Republic: We have plans to increase the number of oil and gas projects

upload_1674132949_651484040.jpeg
 Political

•  Today, 15:23

Davos – Conscious

President of the Republic: We have plans to increase the number of oil and gas projects » Iraqi News Agency (ina.iq)

President Abdul Latif Rashid said on Thursday that there are plans to increase the number of oil and gas projects, while stressing the need to encourage and support the private sector.

Rashid said, during a dialogue session within the activities of the World Economic Forum in Davos under the title "The Future of the Middle East", and followed by the Iraqi News Agency (INA), that "Iraq has suffered in the past from wars, conflicts, terrorism, sanctions and fighting with neighboring countries," stressing that "Iraq is a rich country, and has become safer."

He added that "Iraq has benefited from the rise in oil prices," stressing that "the government is serious in implementing its programs."

He pointed out that "the government's new program is based on two aspects, the first is immediate, which is the implementation of immediate projects related to health, housing and education, and there are a number of strategic projects, one of which is oil and gas projects." He pointed out that "Iraq exports 4 million barrels of oil per day, and there is a desire to increase the quantity and benefit from gas."

He pointed out that "the ambitious projects are related to the extension of the FAO project linked to oil pipelines, railways and a number of projects, and there are projects related to agriculture such as fertilizers," explaining that "all these projects are under preparation," expressing his hope that "there will be international cooperation in the implementation of these projects, and that it is not limited to the Iraqis, as Iraq needs international assistance and foreign investments."

"There are multinational companies currently operating in Iraq, and it is possible to expand this to include regional countries and share benefits between these countries," he said.

The President of the Republic stressed "the need to resolve conflicts and problems in the Middle East without interference from outside," stressing that "wars will not help our countries."

"Our imports from Turkey amount to $ 22 billion annually," he said, stressing "the need to encourage and support the private sector."

• Upvote 1

Rashid: Iraq has enough capital to advance the country

1027671-d90dabf0-0250-49bf-bd08-ffce5aa2
Baghdad / NINA / - The President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid, affirmed that Iraq has enough capital to advance the country.

He said in the dialogue session on the Middle East in Davos: What we lack in the Middle East is the financing of private projects and the lack of opportunities in the private sector.

Rashid added: We have to modernize banking legislation and develop the private sector, which is currently missing in the country, indicating that the government has begun to modernize and encourage the private sector./ End 3
  • Upvote 3

Source:

President Abdel Latif Rashid affirmed today, Thursday, that the government's new program is based on service and strategic aspects, and it is serious about implementing its program.

Rashid said in a dialogue session within the Davos Economic Forum, followed by Alsumaria News, that "Iraq has become safer and a new phase has begun."

He added, "Iraq has benefited from the high oil prices," stressing that "the government is serious about implementing its programs."

Rashid pointed out that "the government's new program is based on two aspects, the first is immediate, which is the implementation of immediate projects related to health, housing and education, and the second is strategic projects, including oil and gas projects." Noting that "Iraq exports 4 million barrels of oil per day, and there is a desire to increase the quantity and benefit from the gas."

He pointed out that "there are ambitious projects related to the extension of the Fao project linked to oil pipelines, railways and a number of projects, and there are projects related to agriculture such as fertilizers," explaining that "all these projects are under preparation," expressing his hope that "there will be international cooperation in implementing These projects, and that the matter is not limited to the Iraqis, as Iraq needs international assistance and foreign investments.

The President of the Republic noted that "there are multinational companies currently operating in Iraq, and it is possible to expand this to include regional countries and share benefits among these countries."

He stressed "the need to resolve conflicts and problems in the Middle East without interference from outside," stressing that "wars will not help our countries."

He stated, "Our imports from Turkey amount to $22 billion annually," stressing "the need to encourage and support the private sector."
  • Upvote 2

The President of the Republic: We have plans to increase the number of oil and gas projects

{Politics: Al Furat News} President Abdul Latif Rashid confirmed today, Thursday, that there are plans to increase the number of oil and gas projects, while stressing the need to encourage and support the private sector.

Continued.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

🔴#بەپەلە Masrour Barzani, Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, for the event: For the first time, the Kurdistan Region will participate in the drafting of iraq's 2023 budget, and we hope that it will go to parliament as soon as possible and be approved.

Yeah. That's my hope too:) 😃

• Upvote 1