Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why Do We Decree and Declare? * Dutch Sheets * GiveHIM15 * 1/11/2023 - Instruction

ronscarpa

January 11, 2023

Why Do We Decree and Declare?

Today’s post on releasing apostolic decrees is taken from the Give Him 15 devotional. The lessons in this book are not only to inspire you; they are also to instruct you as you become a powerful intercessor. We are receiving wonderful feedback from this book of 30 short teachings. It WILL help you on your spiritual journey.

It was 1980, and I was fresh out of Bible school. I was radical enough spiritually to pray for anything that moved…or grew. That’s why I was standing in the middle of a field, reading Bible verses to a crop of maize.

No, I’m not kidding. I was taking my cue from Jesus, who spoke to a tree on at least one occasion. He spoke a death sentence to the tree, and the next day it was dead (see Mark 11:13-14, 20).

He also spoke to a storm, commanding it to be still (see Mark 4:39), and even addressed a corpse, giving it life (see John 11:43). One of His disciples also did the latter (see Acts 9:36-41).

No, I’m not trying to start a communing-with-nature cult. Jesus knew that nature and dead people weren’t “hearing” Him, but that His words were releasing the power of Holy Spirit to impact those realms.

Our words, when they are God’s words and Holy Spirit leads us to speak them, also release divine power. That’s why I was reading the Bible over a field. Actually, I was reading it to the field and some flies that were invading it. I read the blessings of Deuteronomy 28 concerning the crop: “Blessed shall be . . . the produce of your ground . . . The Lord will command the blessing . . . in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God gives you . . . And the Lord will make you abound in prosperity . . . in the produce of your ground” (vv 4, 8, 11). I read Psalm 91:3 concerning the flies: “For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper, and from the deadly pestilence.”

The flies died and the crop lived.

The situation was as follows: A Guatemalan farmer, already in financial trouble from previous losses, was in danger of losing thousands of acres of maize to these flies. He was about to spend approximately $25,000 to have them crop-dusted and wasn’t even sure this would stop the plague. We spoke to this new Christian about the biblical principle of tithing and the promise that God would “rebuke the devourer” (see Malachi 3:10-11) for those who obeyed Him in this regard.

We then read him the verses mentioned above and asked if he would like us to join him in reading and declaring these words of God over his crops. He did, we did, and God did. The crops lived, the flies and their larvae died; the crop-dusting wasn’t even necessary. Not only was the crop saved, but the $25,000 the treatment would have cost was, as well.

This may seem radical and you may find it odd. However, when scriptural principles are followed, the spoken Word is a powerful weapon of intercession.

This little-understood truth need not lead to imbalance or weirdness. However, being balanced biblically does not mean we do nothing that contradicts human understanding or reason. It means we stay within the parameters of biblical teaching and the leading of Holy Spirit. Much so-called balance in Christianity is simply a desire to stay totally in the realm of our human understanding and natural laws. This eliminates many spiritual laws and much of that which requires faith, which certainly includes speaking the word of God as a weapon.

Jesus not only spoke Holy Spirit-inspired words to a storm and a tree, as mentioned, but when tempted by satan, the spoken Word of God was His primary weapon against the attack (see Matthew 4:1-11). Ephesians 6:17 calls this “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.” The Greek term translated “word” in this verse means “spoken words,” as opposed to written words or unspoken thoughts. The verse, used in this primary New Testament passage on spiritual warfare, is telling us that the word of God on our lips is a powerful weapon against satan, as Christ demonstrated.

God honors His Word above His very name (see Psalm 138:2 KJV). A person’s name means nothing if his word can’t be trusted. When we consider the Word of God as unfailing and all-powerful, we are giving Him the greatest honor we can give. We’re stating that we know He cannot lie (see Hebrews 6:18), that His Word is eternal (see Isaiah 40:8), and that He can be trusted implicitly.

A Roman centurion came to Christ asking Him to heal his servant. Christ was willing and offered to go with the man to minister to his servant. The centurion gave a startling answer, however:

Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I, too, am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, “Go!” and he goes, and to another, “Come!” and he comes, and to my servant, “Do this!” and he does it (Matthew 8:8-9).

This man understood the authority of God-inspired words and declarations. Jesus did speak the Word, and the servant was healed.

Several years ago I faced a situation in which evil spirits were obviously involved. In order to protect the privacy of the individuals involved, I must be vague as possible regarding the details. Generally speaking, however, great anger and strife had arisen in a family. A strong possibility existed that the next day this family would be torn apart for years, if not forever.

I prayed late into the night about this very volatile situation, asking God to intervene. After a couple of hours of prayer, I clearly heard Holy Spirit say, “Speak the Word.” The instruction came with such force, I knew it was God talking to me. Obeying Him, I began to aggressively declare Scriptures Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance, also making declarations based upon them, which I felt were appropriate. It went something like this:

• “Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall injure you” (Luke 10:19). “Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). I declare that God has given me authority over the spirits involved in this situation. Holy Spirit in me is greater than any power they can muster.

• “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exaltheth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:3-5 KJV). I declare that my weapons are fully able to disarm this situation. In Jesus’ name I tear down the strongholds of the powers of darkness in this family situation.

• “Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). I am fully submitted to God and know that as I speak His Word, the evil forces at work must flee. I command you, demonic powers, to leave this situation in Jesus’ name. I free these individuals from your influence.

I’m sure I used a few other verses, as well - this was many years ago - but I’m sure you can understand what I was doing. After 10-15 minutes of this, I felt great peace in my heart and went to bed. The following morning every person involved had a change of heart, and total peace prevailed. The power of God’s Word had overcome the evil spirits and positively influenced the minds and hearts of the individuals.

I was NOT carrying on a conversation with these spirits nor was I trying in some extrasensory way to speak to the people involved. I was simply using God’s Word as a weapon in the situation, which released the power of Holy Spirit to prevail, accomplishing what He knew was necessary.

In the dream we discussed last week, God instructed us to release apostolic decrees in order to close and open doors. We are to close doors that have been opened to demonic activity in America, and open the door of awakening and transformation. Let’s do so now, using the following decrees:

Release these decrees with me:

• We decree that satan’s ability to devour and destroy America will no longer be successful. We speak to his door of access and command it to close! We declare our faith in the mercy and blood of Jesus - that God has heard the repentance offered up by millions of believers on behalf of America’s sins and is healing our land. We decree that people in government and business will no longer feed our nation to the dragon through sins, compromise, and unholy alliances. We decree that their evil will be exposed, their funds will dry up, and their influence will end. We close the door to their control.

• We decree that the evil pictured by Nero - violence, lust for power, tyranny, murder, persecution of the church, insane laws and edicts - will no longer rule America. We close the door to the spiritual powers causing this destruction. We close the door to the destruction of our children, our families, our homes, our cities and our nation.

• We speak to the door of promise - the door of the awakening and transformation of nations - and command you to open. We call forth revival, refreshing, remodeling and reformation into America and the world. We prophesy to the wind of God: blow on the dry bones of America and the world. Reconnect our scattered bones, breathe life into us, and make us a great army. Salvation, healing, purpose, and destiny are in this wind - we decree its release NOW!

In Jesus’ name, Amen!

Click on the link below to watch the full video.

Today’s teaching is taken from my book Essential Guide to Prayer.

• Upvote 1