Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank talks about issuing a new currency: counterfeiting is an "evolution" - urgent

6ly410

Central Bank talks about issuing a new currency: counterfeiting is an "evolution" - urgent

image-507.webp

Baghdad Today-Baghdad

Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb Makhif confirmed on Sunday that there are 4 benefits to issue a new denomination of the Iraqi currency, pointing out that counterfeiting methods have evolved.

"The issuance of the new denomination is a measure to modify the structure of banknotes and introduce an intermediate denomination that facilitates daily transactions, reduce the presence of old versions of currency denominations in circulation, and adopt modern security specifications in the design of the new denomination to reduce counterfeiting," he said, noting that "counterfeiting methods have evolved thanks to technological development."

Last September, the central bank announced its intention to issue a new 20,000-dinar banknote.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill of 20 thousand dinars. Central Bank talks about issuing a new currency: counterfeiting is an "evolution"

image-507.webp.webp

Baghdad Today-Baghdad

Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb Makhif confirmed on Sunday that there are 4 benefits to issue a new denomination of the Iraqi currency, pointing out that counterfeiting methods have evolved.

"The issuance of the new denomination is a measure to modify the structure of banknotes and introduce an intermediate denomination that facilitates daily transactions, reduce the presence of old versions of currency denominations in circulation, and adopt modern security specifications in the design of the new denomination to reduce counterfeiting," he said, noting that "counterfeiting methods have evolved thanks to technological development."

Last September, the central bank announced its intention to issue a new 20,000-dinar banknote.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill of 20 thousand dinars. Central Bank talks about issuing a new currency: counterfeiting is an "evolution" » Baghdad Today News Agency

Baghdad Today12_MjAyMy0wMS0wOCAyMjo1MDoyMg==.jpg?u=1673209801

Bill of 20 thousand dinars. Central Bank talks about issuing a new currency: counterfeiting is an "evolution" » Baghdad Today News Agency

•  39 minutes ago
Baghdad Today-Baghdad
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Did I hear that rights , that counterfeit methods  have evolved ?? Much cheaper and legal to buy the real notes , all you IQD counterfeiters out there .  This is total BS , but something has to come out of their mouths'' to disguise the game behind the game behind the game .

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 5

18 minutes ago, dinarham said:

Did I hear that rights , that counterfeit methods  have evolved ?? Much cheaper and legal to buy the real notes , all you IQD counterfeiters out there .  This is total BS , but something has to come out of their mouths'' to disguise the game behind the game behind the game .

That’s a lot of effort to go through counterfeiting dinars that are worth a tenth of a penny, hmmm 🤔 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 5

9 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

and adopt modern security specifications in the design of the new denomination to reduce counterfeiting," he said, noting that "counterfeiting methods have evolved thanks to technological development."

polymer?????? like kuwait?Mexico, Thailand or Australia!

Edited by screwball
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

image-507.webp

Baghdad Today-Baghdad

excellent article and find

• Upvote 3

POSTED ON 2023-01-09 

Bill of 20 thousand dinars. Central Bank talks about issuing a new currency: counterfeiting is an "evolution"

Voice of Iraq | Bill of 20 thousand dinars. Central Bank talks about issuing a new currency: counterfeiting is an "evolution" (sotaliraq.com)

image-507.webp
Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb Makhif confirmed on Sunday that there are 4 benefits for issuing a new denomination of the Iraqi currency, pointing out that the methods of counterfeiting currency have evolved.

"The issuance of the new denomination is a measure to modify the structure of banknotes and introduce an intermediate denomination that facilitates daily transactions, reduce the presence of old versions of currency denominations in circulation, and adopt modern security specifications in the design of the new denomination to reduce counterfeiting," he said in statements to Arab media, noting that "counterfeiting methods have evolved thanks to technological development."

• Upvote 1

Fake News? Is the Iraq gov't lying? are the Iraq gov't about to stab America in the back? 

Iraq has bought lots of gold, so has Russia and China. Perhaps Iran is running things, perhaps trying to replace the American dollar locally with a gold backed currency?

Might be a mistranslation on counterfeiting. No one counterfeits a worthless currency.

Something else is going on. Perhaps lower denominations coming out? 

Smells like fake news somehow. However, fake news based on a real story they are not explaining, so something is going to happen. Just not "counterfeiting".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 1

13 hours ago, Rochester said:

Might be a mistranslation on counterfeiting. No one counterfeits a worthless currency.

Iran counterfeited boat loads of worthless iqd mainly the 10,000 K note and used the sympathetic corrupt iraqi banks to exchange them for USD for years who knows if its still taking place most of my iqd is in the 25K denomination maybe the cbi plan is to issue a 20K note to draw in the 25K notes like the cbi did with the 50 note i held some of the 50's they were worth about 4 cents to exchange im probably not thinking wisely but its gives me a gut punch none the less ... cheers

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 3n1 said:

Iran counterfeited boat loads of worthless iqd mainly the 10,000 K note and used the sympathetic corrupt iraqi banks to exchange them for USD for years who knows if its still taking place most of my iqd is in the 25K denomination maybe the cbi plan is to issue a 20K note to draw in the 25K notes like the cbi did with the 50 note i held some of the 50's they were worth about 4 cents to exchange im probably not thinking wisely but its gives me a gut punch none the less ... cheers

anything is possible but IMHO dont think so... i think they will move to Polymer like kuwait and I thin Saudia Arabia

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3n1 said:

I felt the same gut punch.
20k note to replace the 25k note, If this happens. I hope we get and incentive for our 25k notes. 

• Upvote 3