Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rasheed Bank announces the suspension of withdrawals and deposits from savings accounts

6ly410

1 hour ago, Engine1 said:

Wow kind of full of yourself. 

All I said is I remember when.... and that's because every year people say this is the year,,, oh yeah then the next year will be the year. It has been going like this for many years. 

You are correct, these gurus have claimed it every single year, chances are good that eventually they will be right lol. Unfortunately some on other sites do this for profit & claim otherwise. Makes me think of a recent guru post, I can't remember the topic, but he/she said we were expecting this, something that I assume was needed....yet they had called it thousands of times over the years. My point is, it's just a guessing game with these clueless gurus. I read their posts like they are the comics in the newspaper. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Engine1 said:

All I said is I remember when.... and that's because every year people say this is the year,,, oh yeah then the next year will be the year. It has been going like this for many years. 

You can take umbrage all you want, the meaning of what you were saying did come through. And once again you failed to understand the most simplistic concept. The creation of Fiat currency since 2008 has shored up the financial system so that people like you never understand the real issue. 

That being, the printing of trillions upon trillions of Fiat currency is totally unsustainable and will eventually melt down the entire system. Which is why everyone has said for over a decade that next year will be the year. Because the world has NEVER seen anything like this before. Thus no one knows the full extent of how it will play out. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Danishere4news2 said:

I read their posts like they are the comics in the newspaper

And I just read your ignorant, uneducated post knowing that you are the exact type of person who will most likely starve to death in the next few years.  But hey that's your choice. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Engine1 said:

And it is usually this time a year. But there seems to be more things happening but we can only hope. I am not optimistic, I've been on this ride since 2006, but that way I'll be extremely elated when it does. I've seen the date Jan. 29th mentioned and that's my birthday, 12/29 would be even better.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

You can take umbrage all you want, the meaning of what you were saying did come through. And once again you failed to understand the most simplistic concept. The creation of Fiat currency since 2008 has shored up the financial system so that people like you never understand the real issue. 

That being, the printing of trillions upon trillions of Fiat currency is totally unsustainable and will eventually melt down the entire system. Which is why everyone has said for over a decade that next year will be the year. Because the world has NEVER seen anything like this before. Thus no one knows the full extent of how it will play out. 

For over 100 years, wars and pandemics have led to bankruptcy and a reset of the financial system….we are at the precipice 2023 will see the collapse of the usd, the central bank finance system and the end of the USD petrodollar system. we have seen an end to JP. Chase Morgan and the rigging of the silver system now they are heading to court being sued by the US Virgin Islands. We have seen and end of the Fed with them being p,aced under control of US Treasury with Trumps best mate in charge and we are now seeing China and Russia and over 70 countries sign up and move to the BRICS system where they will be selling oil and gas in their own currencies and them backing it with gold and oil etc…major economists telling us to get out of the USD system and stock market and protect our wealth with gold and silver. You need to prepare for the worst as 2023 will be it and get ready for the gold age…

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

15 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

And I just read your ignorant, uneducated post knowing that you are the exact type of person who will most likely starve to death in the next few years.  But hey that's your choice. 

So I said absolutely nothing against you & you say this to me? Are you one of the guru's I was referring to? I am not ignorant in anything I say because I have been in this for 18 years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Danishere4news2 said:

So I said absolutely nothing against you & you say this to me? Are you one of the guru's I was referring to? I am not ignorant in anything I say because I have been in this for 18 years.

Your comments were not only directed to me but everyone with whom you disagree. I to have been studying economics for over 30 years and over the last 4 years I've studied economic history and practical application upwards of 12 hours a day. 

The FIRST thing I can tell you is that in economics there are no "Guru's". Only differing philosophys and opinions. For example Keynesian economics versus Austrian economics. 

And again the biggest reason everyone has been wrong about the coming financial crisis is because the current situation has never been seen before. The reason for that is because all Fiat currencies in the past have failed. EVERY LAST ONE.  But that has ALWAYS been a national event. 

What is happening now is not just national but a simultaneous WORLDWIDE event brought on via the shutting down of every economy in the world at one time. Adding to the issue the simultaneous excessive printing of all Fiat currency in order to sustain each nation's economy and you have the perfect recipe for disaster. 

You can continue to believe this conversation is just about Dinar, but belief seldom has a correlation with reality. This conversation is exceedingly far more than a single nation's Fiat currency, this conversation is about the world's Fiat currencies. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

2 minutes ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

Your comments were not only directed to me but everyone with whom you disagree. I to have been studying economics for over 30 years and over the last 4 years I've studied economic history and practical application upwards of 12 hours a day. 

The FIRST thing I can tell you is that in economics there are no "Guru's". Only differing philosophys and opinions. For example Keynesian economics versus Austrian economics. 

And again the biggest reason everyone has been wrong about the coming financial crisis is because the current situation has never been seen before. The reason for that is because all Fiat currencies in the past have failed. EVERY LAST ONE.  But that has ALWAYS been a national event. 

What is happening now is not just national but a simultaneous WORLDWIDE event brought on via the shutting down of every economy in the world at one time. Adding to the issue the simultaneous excessive printing of all Fiat currency in order to sustain each nation's economy and you have the perfect recipe for disaster. 

You can continue to believe this conversation is just about Dinar, but belief seldom has a correlation with reality. This conversation is exceedingly far more than a single nation's Fiat currency, this conversation is about the world's Fiat currencies. 

Ok bot

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

voice of wisdom! 🙏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
https://www.ft.com/content/39c53b9f-f443-4dde-9cdb-07e8999ec783

The writer is founder and chief executive of Longview Economics On average international monetary systems last about 35 to 40 years before the tensions they create becomes too great and a new system is required. Prior to the first world war, major economies existed on a hard gold standard. Intra-wars, most economies returned to a “semi-hard” gold standard. At the end of the second world war, a new international system was designed — the Bretton Woods order — with the dollar tied to gold, and other key currencies tied to the dollar. When that broke down at the start of the 1970s, the world moved on to a fiat system where the dollar was not backed by a commodity, and was therefore not anchored. This system has now reached the end of its usefulness. An understanding of the drivers of the 30-year debt supercycle illustrates the system’s tiredness. These include the unending liquidity that has been created by the commercial and central banks under this anchorless international monetary system. That process has been aided and abetted by global regulators and central banks that have largely ignored monetary targets and money supply growth. The massive growth of mortgage debt across most of the world’s major economies is one key example of this. Rather than a shortage of housing supply, as is often postulated as the key reason for high house prices, it’s the abundant and rapid growth in mortgage debt that has been the key driver in recent decades. This is also, of course, one of the factors sitting at the heart of today’s inequality and generational divide. Solving it should contribute significantly to healing divisions in western societies. With a new US administration, and the end of the Covid battle in sight with the vaccination rollout under way, now is a good time for the major economies of the west (and ideally the world) to sit down and devise a new international monetary order. As part of that there should be widespread debt cancellation, especially the government debt held by central banks. We estimate that amounts to approximately $25tn of government debt in the major regions of the global economy. Whether debt cancellation extends beyond that should be central to the negotiations between policymakers as to the construct of the new system — ideally it should, a form of debt jubilee. The implications for bond yields, post-debt cancellation, need to be fully thought through and debated. A normalisation in yields, as liquidity levels normalise, is likely. High ownership of government debt in that environment by parts of the financial system such as banks and insurers could inflict significant losses. In that case, recapitalisation of parts of the financial system should be included as part of the establishment of the new international monetary order. Equally, the impact on pension assets also needs to be considered and prepared for. Recommended The FT ViewThe editorial board The case against cancelling debt at the ECB Secondly, policymakers should negotiate some form of anchor — whether it’s tying each other’s currencies together, tying them to a central electronic currency or maybe electronic special drawing rights, the international reserve asset created by the IMF. As highlighted above, one of the key drivers of inequality in recent decades has been the ability of central and commercial banks to create unending amounts of liquidity and new debt. This has created somewhat speculative economies, overly reliant on cheap money (whether mortgage debt or otherwise) that has then funded serial asset price bubbles. Whilst asset price bubbles are an ever-present feature throughout history, their size and frequency has picked up in recent decades. As the Fed reported in its 2018 survey, every major asset class over the 20 years from 1997 through to 2018 grew on average at an annual pace faster than nominal GDP. In the long term, this is neither healthy nor sustainable. With a liquidity anchor in place, the world economy will then move closer to a cleaner capitalist model where financial markets return to their primary role of price discovery and capital allocation based on perceived fundamentals (rather than liquidity levels). Growth should then become less reliant on debt creation and more reliant on gains from productivity, global trade and innovation. In that environment, income inequality should recede as the gains from productivity growth become more widely shared. The key reason that many western economies are now overly reliant on consumption, debt and house prices is because of the set-up of the domestic and international monetary and financial architecture. A Great Reset offers therefore opportunity to restore (some semblance of) economic fairness in western, and other, economies.

there will be a shift from the west to east!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1