Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

COCONUT OIL FOR ALZHEIMER’S AND DEMENTIA

bigwave

COCONUT OIL FOR ALZHEIMER’S AND DEMENTIA: THE EVIDENCE

Coconut oil and the MCTs it contains are effective for Alzheimer’s and dementia. Adding coconut oil to your diet has protective benefits

for brain health.

It’s not an exaggeration to say that the quality of your brain cells depends on the quality of the fats you eat.

https://bebrainfit.com/coconut-oil-alzheimers-dementia/

Alzheimer’s Natural Treatments:

Conventional pharmaceutical treatments for Alzheimer’s disease are ineffective. Many patients turn to natural treatments to avoid painful side effects and empty wallets. Coconut oil is one of the most promising Alzheimer’s treatments when coupled with other lifestyle changes.

The food you eat has an enormous impact on your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Recent studies hint that coconut oil can be a helpful element in the fight against dementia as part of an anti-inflammatory diet, along with healthy lifestyle choices.

https://primehealthdenver.com/coconut-oil-for-alzheimers/

Coconut Oil As An Alzheimer’s Treatment:

Dr. Mary Newport explains how MCT (medium chain triglyceride), found in coconut oil, can be helpful in treating Alzheimer’s as well as other diseases involving the brain.

https://alzsurvivor.com/coconut-oil-as-an-alzheimers-treatment-dr-mary-newport/

Coconut Oil for Alzheimer’s: Miracle Cure or Myth?

“Does coconut oil help people who have Alzheimer’s disease?

“Absolutely it could,” says Carolyn Dean, MD, ND, member of the medical advisory board of the non-profit Nutritional Magnesium Association. According to Dr. Dean, the potential health benefits of coconut oil have been celebrated since ancient times by different cultures around the world. It’s been used as a natural anti-fungal treatment, a hair strengthener and a skin softener.

Coconut oil may even be beneficial for people suffering from other incurable conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).

https://www.agingcare.com/Articles/coconut-oil-and-alzheimers-157103.htm

Coconut Oil, Ketones and Alzheimer’s Disease:

What does all of this have to do with coconut oil helping people with Alzheimer’s disease? Advocates believe that coconut oil provides an alternative source of “fuel” for brain cells. As the oil is digested, medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) break down to form ketones, which are one of the few things that can be used to power brain cells when glucose isn’t available or cannot be absorbed efficiently (as is the case in people with AD). Providing an additional energy source supposedly improves the brain’s ability to function correctly.

https://www.agingcare.com/Articles/coconut-oil-and-alzheimers-157103.htm

How does coconut oil affect cognitive performance in Alzheimer patients?:

Coconut oil Is an alternative energy source capable of stopping the progressively neuronal death that occurs in this disease.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28421789/

IMHO taking drugs like Aduhelm, Lecanemab and Donanemab is risky at best. Be carful.

A natural "clean" diet filled with fats, prioritizing proteins and controlling carbohydrates is the best bet.

Couple that with proper balance, exercise and a positive mental attitude goes a long way too.

All Alzheimer patients have 1 main thing in common - a Dehydrated brain. 

So water, water, water and more water.  Your nothing but a big sack of water so you might as well flood yourself.

Happy thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

I thought I posted this video on here earlier this year but can't find it. 

Unconventional But Effective Therapy for Alzheimer's Treatment: Dr. Mary T. Newport at TEDxUSF

You must not remember not posting it. LOL! Coconut oil anyone?

• Haha 1
  • Pow! 1

You did Mark because I bought Mary's book for a few family members and close friends

that have been dealing with Alzheimer's /Dementia  now going on 9-11 months. You haven't

lost it yet.  :D

3 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I thought I posted this video on here earlier this year but can't find it. 

Unconventional But Effective Therapy for Alzheimer's Treatment: Dr. Mary T. Newport at TEDxUSF

• Like 2

One extended family member was originally told she would be gone by Christmas this year and she is 

holding up well from what her kids tell me, When she cannot find her glasses or something gets a little

ok ripping mad. Her kids are great they always talk softly to her and tell her it's ok Mom we will find them.

PS they carry extra pairs of reading glasses with them at all times. The other one just sits in her chair

and stares out the window has to be told when and how to do things. I keep telling her kids that is your

mother and your sorry butts should be over a lot more often not just holidays if then because one day you

will walk in and she will not know who you are. I other thing I found that with others we have lost the parents 

would be talking to their own kids and tell them that they have a son or daughter that look like them or same age.

Yet when I walked in they knew who I was and called me by name because I was always around.    It is heart breaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, nannab said:

One extended family member was originally told she would be gone by Christmas this year and she is 

holding up well from what her kids tell me, When she cannot find her glasses or something gets a little

ok ripping mad. Her kids are great they always talk softly to her and tell her it's ok Mom we will find them.

PS they carry extra pairs of reading glasses with them at all times. The other one just sits in her chair

and stares out the window has to be told when and how to do things. I keep telling her kids that is your

mother and your sorry butts should be over a lot more often not just holidays if then because one day you

will walk in and she will not know who you are. I other thing I found that with others we have lost the parents 

would be talking to their own kids and tell them that they have a son or daughter that look like them or same age.

Yet when I walked in they knew who I was and called me by name because I was always around.    It is heart breaking.

I understand completely, my mother is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's/dementia.  I found the MCT video and now have my mother taking it everyday.  My sister is currently my mother's caregiver and she says she can tell when my mother isn't taking MCT as her memory starts going.  I go over to my mother's house 3-4 times a week to check on her and bring her and my sister things they may need because my mother isn't in the going out mood.

We live in the surrounding San Antonio Area, and I have an older brother that lives on the Gulf Coast that rarely comes up to visit, so I took my mother and my sister down to visit for Thanksgiving.  The first evening we went out to eat at a buffet, my brother and sister in law in one vehicle and my mother, my sister and me in the other.  We're sitting at the table eating and my brother is talking to my mother and he works as fishing guide, and some how guiding came up, and my mother told my brother, Mark's Dad was a fishing guide. 

My brother told me the next day, that he caught what my mother said.  My mother also asked me where I met that couple we were following, they're really nice. 

It's sad.  I'm thinking we need to increase the amount of MCT we're giving her.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

• Like 3

We feel your frustration Markinsa. We lost MiL this April after many slow dragging years. We finally had to enter her into memory care. It was just as CV-19 hit and it was not good. My wife said she would rather have her die  than be without family contact. We would go weeks without seeing her because they would lock down the facility when someone would catch CV-19. She fell one time and needed stitches in her scalp. One of the care givers there would put a belt on her to keep her in the w-chair so she would not fall. The facility admin would then force her to remove the belt. Said the state rules prevented them from applying the belt. We said we wanted it on for her safety. He said she had the right to get out of the chair when she wanted. I said, so she can get hurt? He said she has the right to make those decisions. I said, she has the mind of mush, she can't make those decisions that decide if she will bet hurt or not. Well she got out of her w-chair, fell, and broke her hip. Downhill from there. Dr.s said the operation could kill her or it would be 6-8 weeks of bed ridden time. Then p/t. Then the possibility of her falling and breaking g something else. We as a family opted to not do the operation. Hospice then took over and within a week she was gone. Fortunately that same caretaker was on duty when she died. Even stayed after her shift to be with her until the Coroner and mortuary staff got there and took her away. 

Prayers for you and yours during this trial. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1