Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What a past couple of days.

nstoolman1

First the wife goes in for a scheduled after 55 years old woman surgery. Dr. has a student with him because it is a teaching hospital.

3.5 hours later I get told the surgery was done but I need to speak him.

Meet him and he tells me the bladder got nicked and they need the urologist to come in to fix the nick. 

Found out later he was in Boise. That is a 15 minute drive if he gets started right away. Total time in the hospital was around 9 hours.

Wife ends up with a catheter for 10 days so that will slow the recovery time. 

To top it off tonight she got nausea and threw up. It was not a pretty site. Being her attendant I helped her to the shower, 

Got the shower going. While she cleaned up I stripped the bed sheets and put fresh ones on.

Got her pain meds and she went to sleep. 

I went in the front room to watch some TV and just got settled when the hot water line on the washer decided to blow off. 

Not a noise I had heard before so it took me a few to figure out where it was coming from. 15 or 20 towels later I got it dried up. 

Need to go tomorrow and buy two new hoses and finish all the extra laundry.

It is a part of the Better or Worse in our vows I took. 

God willing HE has given us all we can deal with for the day.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

First the wife goes in for a scheduled after 55 years old woman surgery. Dr. has a student with him because it is a teaching hospital.

3.5 hours later I get told the surgery was done but I need to speak him.

Meet him and he tells me the bladder got nicked and they need the urologist to come in to fix the nick. 

Found out later he was in Boise. That is a 15 minute drive if he gets started right away. Total time in the hospital was around 9 hours.

Wife ends up with a catheter for 10 days so that will slow the recovery time. 

To top it off tonight she got nausea and threw up. It was not a pretty site. Being her attendant I helped her to the shower, 

Got the shower going. While she cleaned up I stripped the bed sheets and put fresh ones on.

Got her pain meds and she went to sleep. 

I went in the front room to watch some TV and just got settled when the hot water line on the washer decided to blow off. 

Not a noise I had heard before so it took me a few to figure out where it was coming from. 15 or 20 towels later I got it dried up. 

Need to go tomorrow and buy two new hoses and finish all the extra laundry.

It is a part of the Better or Worse in our vows I took. 

God willing HE has given us all we can deal with for the day.

Thoughts and prayers 🙏🙏🙏, hoping for a speedy recovery of your better half!!!👍🇺🇸

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FlyHi said:

Nstoolman1 you are both on my prayers as that is a strain for all concerned.

It reminds me of the time my wife asked for patience.... she got heaps of trials one after the other. She never asked for that again. She asked for wisdom instead. 

I told my wife if I wanted patience I would have been a Dr.   :D

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

First, May the Lord bless you and your Wife. And grant her a speedy recovery. 

Secondly, isn't this the home you built just a few years ago? I remember seeing the pictures you posted and thinking about retirement myself. Seem far too soon for breakdowns. 

Thanks for the kind words. This goes for all who have responded.

The home itself has been great.

My daughter actually went in every room and on the door header wrote a scripture that most closely pertained to that room. Then the drywallers put dry wall up and enclosed these scriptures. I like to think the Good Lord watches over us when he sees those scriptures. 

It was the hot water hose oh the washer machine that separated from the fitting. First one in ever for me. I replaced it this morning and got the laundry and wet towels going again. My wife can't figure out where I get the energy to do this stuff. I just teller it is what I do and the Good Lord helps by pushing me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Thanks for the kind words. This goes for all who have responded.

The home itself has been great.

My daughter actually went in every room and on the door header wrote a scripture that most closely pertained to that room. Then the drywallers put dry wall up and enclosed these scriptures. I like to think the Good Lord watches over us when he sees those scriptures. 

It was the hot water hose oh the washer machine that separated from the fitting. First one in ever for me. I replaced it this morning and got the laundry and wet towels going again. My wife can't figure out where I get the energy to do this stuff. I just teller it is what I do and the Good Lord helps by pushing me. 

I’m glad your wife got through the operation. OK eventually. We always have to remind each other about how lucky we are. It can be better, but it could be worse too. Take care

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Quick up date.

Foley catheter is out. 

Urologist says she is healing great.

Her attitude is better.

No pain meds but occasional Tylenol.

Waiting on the pathology reports on all the slides they took. 

God has been great.

Thanks again for the prayers.

I told my wife she may receive a survey about my services and I hope she gives a good review.

She said not to worry. She will be giving me 11`s. 

She wonders how women do this on their own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3