Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prime Minister on the outstanding problems of Baghdad and Erbil: Need solutions according to the constitution

6ly410

29-Dec-2022

Parliament

OIL AND GAS LAW HAS BEEN STIRRING CONTROVERSY AND POLITICAL CONTROVERSIES FOR YEARS (GETTY)

Ultra Iraq - Editorial Team

Al-Fatah MP Rafik Al-Salhi revealed an agreement between the forces of the Coordination Framework and the Kurdistan Democratic Party on the controversial oil and gas law.

Al-Salhi said in an interview with "Ultra Iraq" that "the next legislative term will witness the presentation of the law for the first reading, provided that the law is legislated during the current parliamentary session," stressing that "the agreement concluded within the State Administration Coalition provides for the legislation of many controversial laws, the most important of which is the Oil and Gas Law."

The MP for the Ameri Alliance confirmed that the law is the context of the first reading in the next legislative term, to be approved during this session

Al-Salhi added that "the law was delayed for more than one parliamentary session and will see the light of day because of its importance to the country and its economic situation, and the situation requires all political forces to approve the law," returning the law "a solution to all problems between Baghdad and Erbil, mainly related to the oil file."

The House of Representatives' Oil and Gas Committee has previously revealed some of the proposals in the draft law, noting that the Kurds support the establishment of an oil company in the Kurdistan region that is directly linked to the Federal Ministry of Oil "in all its extractive and production operations."

According to the committee, the proposals include the establishment of another company concerned with gas investment, and a third company concerned with the investment of government refineries, but the political parties, so far, have not reached an agreement on a preliminary version of the law in light of proposals including the establishment of the "Kurdistan Oil Company."

The Federal Supreme Court issued a ruling prohibiting the KRG from conducting energy management operations independently of the federal authorities, which Erbil categorically rejects.

• Upvote 3

Parliamentary agreement on the legislation of the oil and gas law

FECF7327-EAC3-4918-A601-CC9DC2027007.jpe

Today, Sunday, the Kurdistan Democratic Party announced an agreement to legislate the oil and gas law, while noting that the law will solve one of the most prominent outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil.

"Both Kurdish parties have their interests, and the dispute between them is a very natural issue, provided that the differences do not affect the interests of the Kurdistan region," said Majid Shankali, the party's representative, in a statement to the official channel, followed by (Al-Oula News).

He added, "The best way is to sit down, dialogue, reach a formula of understanding between the two parties, and go to Baghdad unified to resolve contentious points, especially the region's share of the budget," noting that "everyone agrees on the oil and gas law, and it will be legislated during the coming period."

He stated that "this law will solve one of the most important outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil, which is the oil revenues," explaining that "the two Kurdish parties agree on the mechanism of passing the budget."

Shankali stated that "there is a tendency to amend the cabinet of the Kurdistan Regional Government," pointing out that "the names of the cabinet will be changed after the understanding of the two Kurdish parties, the Patriotic Union and the Kurdistan Democratic Party."

• Upvote 3

Democratic Party: Parliamentary agreement to legislate the oil and gas law
7957.jpg

Economy News-Baghdad

The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) announced on Sunday an agreement to legislate the oil and gas law, while noting that the law will solve one of the most prominent outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil.

Majid Shankali, a member of parliament for the party, said in a televised statement that "both Kurdish parties have their interests, and the dispute between them is a very natural matter, provided that the differences do not affect the interests of the Kurdistan region."
He added, "The best way is to sit down, dialogue and reach a formula of understanding between the two parties and go to Baghdad united on resolving controversial points, especially the region's share of the budget," noting that "everyone agrees on the oil and gas law and will be legislated during the coming period."
"This law will solve one of the most important outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil, which is oil revenues," he said, adding that "the two Kurdish parties agree on the mechanism for passing the budget."
Shankali said that "there is a trend to amend the ministerial cabinet of the Kurdistan Regional Government," pointing out that "the names of the ministerial cabinet will be changed after the understanding of the two Kurdish parties, the Patriotic Union and the Kurdistan Democratic Union."

Added 2023/01/01 - 9:26 PM
Update 2023/01/01 - 9:42 PM

• Upvote 3

Political |   09:30 - 01/01/2023

Baghdad - Mawazine News

The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) announced on Sunday an agreement to legislate the oil and gas law, while noting that the law will solve one of the most prominent outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil.
Majid Shankali, a member of parliament for the party, said in a television interview followed by Mawazine News that "both Kurdish parties have their interests, and the dispute between them is a very natural matter, provided that the differences do not affect the interests of the Kurdistan region."
He added, "The best way is to sit down, dialogue and reach a formula of understanding between the two parties and go to Baghdad united on resolving controversial points, especially the region's share of the budget," noting that "everyone agrees on the oil and gas law and will be legislated during the coming period."
"This law will solve one of the most important outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil, which is oil revenues," he said, adding that "the two Kurdish parties agree on the mechanism for passing the budget."
Shankali pointed out that "there is a trend to amend the ministerial cabinet of the Kurdistan Regional Government," pointing out that "the names of the ministerial cabinet will be changed after the understanding of the two Kurdish parties, the Patriotic Union and the Kurdistan Democratic Union."

• Upvote 3

upload_1672597208_2038001422.png

•  Today, 21:20
+A -A

Baghdad – The
Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) announced on Sunday an agreement to legislate the oil and gas law, while noting that the law will solve one of the most prominent outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil.

MP Majid Shankali said in a statement to Al-Iraqiya News Agency (INA) that "both Kurdish parties have their interests, and the dispute between them is a very natural matter, provided that the differences do not affect the interests of the Kurdistan region."
Shankali said that "there is a trend to amend the ministerial cabinet of the Kurdistan Regional Government," pointing out that "the names of the ministerial cabinet will be changed after the understanding of the two Kurdish parties, the Patriotic Union and the Kurdistan Democratic Union
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

All News

KDP talks about the most prominent points of disagreement with Baghdad

KDP talks about the most prominent points of disagreement with Baghdad

Baghdad - Nas  

Kurdistan Democratic MP Majid Shankali commented on Sunday about the differences between the two Kurdish parties and their position on the federal government in Baghdad.  

Shankali said during his hosting in one of the official channel bulletins of "NAS" (January 1, 2022), that "the best way for both parties is to sit down and dialogue to reach a formula of understanding and agreement, and go to Baghdad with a unified position after that," stressing that "the differences between the two parties are not in their interest or in the interest of the Kurdistan region."  

"Without the legislation of the oil and gas law, there will be no importance for any statement, and this is one of the most important outstanding differences between Baghdad and the region," he said, pointing out that "an agreement and understanding is taking place between the two parties and their representatives in the Council of Ministers, on passing the budget."  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Iraqi News Agency242_MjAyMy0wMS0wMSAyMToyMDoxNQ==.jpg?u=1672607314

Parliamentary agreement on the legislation of the oil and gas law (alrafidain.news)

•  2 hours ago
  •  
  •  Iraq News

Baghdad – The
Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) announced on Sunday an agreement to legislate the oil and gas law, while noting that the law will solve one of the most prominent outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil.

MP Majid Shankali said in a statement to Al-Iraqiya News Agency (INA) that "both Kurdish parties have their interests, and the dispute between them is a very natural matter, provided that the differences do not affect the interests of the Kurdistan region."
Shankali said that "there is a trend to amend the ministerial cabinet of the Kurdistan Regional Government," pointing out that "the names of the ministerial cabinet will be changed after the understanding of the two Kurdish parties, the Patriotic Union and the Kurdistan Democratic Union."
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Can someone lay out the timeline and progression for me? I’m thinking it goes like this;

1. Legislate the HCL, creating a formal draft.

2. First reading of HCL 

3. Second reading of HCL

4. Vote of approval or denial of HCL

5. Publication in Gazette, finalizing HCL 

Now, I’m not in tune with Iraq legal preceding and time frame. But if this goes smoothly, my thought is March 2023 would be the early optimistic target. 

This is good news and moving in the direction of long term stability.

• Upvote 2

Shankali confirms agreement to resolve outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil over oil and gas

Today 21:38

Shankali confirms agreement to resolve outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil over oil and gas | Information (almaalomah-me.translate.goog)

Shankali confirms agreement to resolve outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil over oil and gas

Information/Baghdad...

Majid Shankali, a member of parliament for the party, told state television and his follower Al-Maalouma that "both Kurdish parties have their interests, and the dispute between them is a very natural matter, provided that the differences do not affect the interests of the Kurdistan region.”

He added, "The best way is to sit down, dialogue and reach a formula of understanding between the two parties and go to Baghdad united on resolving controversial points, especially the region's share of the budget," noting that "everyone agrees on the oil." and gas law and will be legislated during the coming period.”

Shankali said that "there is a trend to amend the ministerial cabinet of the Kurdistan Regional Government," pointing out that "the names of the ministerial cabinet will be changed after the understanding of the two Kurdish parties, the Patriotic Union and the Kurdistan Democratic Union." .” Finished 25n

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Better hurry up, with oil law, then let your currency float, to get it's true value. In a month, Iraqi stock will be traded globally online, the world will buy up Iraq and it's companies, for pennies on the dollar :twocents: based on current very low value of the Dinar. I'm thinking of buying Mosul. Better make me pay a fair price for it. :bananacamel:🥁:jester:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, ametad said:

Can someone lay out the timeline and progression for me? I’m thinking it goes like this;

2. First reading of HCL 

3. Second reading of HCL

Now, I’m not in tune with Iraq legal preceding and time frame. But if this goes smoothly, my thought is March 2023 would be the early optimistic target. 

They did give themselves a six month window to pass the HCL. Hopefully they don't take that long. But even if they do, and if, indeed, the HCL is the trigger, then I can definitely wait another six months. But they seem to be pushing to pass it this parliamentary session. Not sure what the time frame of this parliamentary session is. Two months? Three months?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ametad said:

2. First reading of HCL 

3. Second reading of HCL

Depends on which oil law they are reading , because the oil law voted on under abadi had already had two reading and was waiting on a vote on an amendment…sticking point was Kurdistan and their share! Who knows all lies and smoke screen 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rochester said:

Better hurry up, with oil law, then let your currency float, to get it's true value. In a month, Iraqi stock will be traded globally online, the world will buy up Iraq and it's companies, for pennies on the dollar :twocents: based on current very low value of the Dinar. I'm thinking of buying Mosul. Better make me pay a fair price for it. :bananacamel:🥁:jester:

I figured out yesterday that I had more shares than I actually thought and have enough to set up my own Iraqi bank!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 6ly410 said:

This law will solve one of the most important outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil, which is oil revenues," he said, adding that "the two Kurdish parties agree on the mechanism for passing the budget."

Interesting statement! What do you see? Oil law linked to mechanism in budget! Also mechanism to pass the budget?? 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

the law was delayed for more than one parliamentary session and will see the light of day because of its importance to the country and its economic situation,

1 hour ago, 6ly410 said:

"This law will solve one of the most important outstanding problems between Baghdad and Erbil, which is oil revenues,"

This will take as long as they want…history has shown previously they can vote within three days and automatically become law after so many days? Anyone remember was it 13-15?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, ametad said:

2. First reading of HCL 

3. Second reading of HCL

Soon, in the coming days, then we'll form a committee to discuss it and then we'll go on vacation until 2025. In the meantime we will continue to steal and pilfer ........................

These guys have no sense of schedule or urgency unless they are staring at the barrel of an AK-47 pointed in their face  .........

Trying to be a bit sarcastic and realistic at the same time .............. A tall order after all this time ......... 

I'm as frustrated as the rest of you ..........................

Just sayin' .................

Semper Fi :salute:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

Al-Fateh relies on the general census to resolve differences between Baghdad and Erbil

• Today 11:56

Al-Fateh relies on the general census to resolve differences between Baghdad and Erbil| Information (almaalomah-me.translate.goog)Al-Fateh relies on the general census to resolve differences between Baghdad and Erbil

Information / Baghdad

MP for the Fatah Alliance bloc, Mohammed Karim, announced on Monday that there is a rapprochement and continuous communication between Baghdad and Erbil to find a formula of understanding to solve problems, pointing out that conducting the general census of the population will solve most of these. differences, including the region's annual share in the general budget.

Karim said in a statement to Al-Maalouma that "the current relationship between the central government and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq is witnessing a rapprochement more than ever before to find a formula of understanding to solve problems."

He added that "all political forces, including Kurdish political forces, have a great desire to conduct the general population census as the only solution to solve many problems and disputes, especially with regard to the region's annual share in the general budget, as well as starting the adoption of governing laws, foremost of which is the oil and gas law.”

Karim pointed out that "the issue of disputed areas and this name created by the US occupation has become obsolete and no one thinks about it at the present time because these areas are like other Iraqi regions from Zakho to Faw, and they need services and are linked to the federal government and managed by local governments.” Finished / 25 PM

• Upvote 4

Farmer Adil: We are ready to visit Baghdad whenever necessary

o'clock

Farmer Adil, spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government, | Picture: Media and Information Office Farmer Adil, spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government, | Picture: Media and Information Office

K24 - Erbil:

The spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) said they are ready to visit Baghdad whenever necessary and are waiting for a time to meet with Baghdad and discuss important issues.

Today, Monday (January 2, 2023), Farmer Adil, spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government, told the government's official website: "The ninth cabinet has had relations with the federal government since its inception. "Iraq is continuing, and the region's delegations have visited Baghdad several times, and several committees have been formed for a group on issues such as the 2023 Iraqi budget bill, the oil dossier and financial monitoring, and cooperation between the region's financial monitoring and federal councils."

"The region's delegation's last visit to Baghdad was before New Year's, and now we are ready to visit Baghdad whenever necessary, and we are waiting for a time to meet and discuss the important issues I mentioned, along with a group of other issues related to the Kurdistan region outside the region's administration and the Peshmerga issue," he said. "We, as a government, are ready to visit Baghdad whenever it is determined."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Kurdish deputy to / NINA /: A political agreement to approve the oil and gas law during the coming period

1023953-040baf99-fe79-4131-91a5-cde1e8f5
Baghdad /NinaMP for the Kurdistan Democratic Party Sabah Sobhi confirmed the existence of a political agreement on the adoption of the oil and gas law during the coming period. He told the Iraqi National News Agency (The goal of the multiple visits of the Kurdish delegation to Baghdad and its multiple meetings with political partners is to zero the outstanding files, foremost of which is the first oil and gas law, which can be relied upon with some amendments and agreed upon within the political agreements that prepare the atmosphere for the coming period.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Barzani Party: Technical committees are studying the draft oil and gas law

Barzani Party: Technical committees are studying the draft oil and gas law
Last Updated: January 3, 2023 - 1:24 PM

Baghdad / Iraq News Network - MP for the Kurdistan Democratic Party Majid Shankali, Tuesday, that the Kurds agree on the need to legislate the oil and gas law as soon as possible, pointing out that technical committees are studying this subject.Shankali said in a press interview, that "the oil and gas law is one of the most important items of the political agreement to form a coalition of state administration, and agree to legislate it within a period not exceeding six months." "Today, there are technical committees studying this subject, and there are many laws that are being studied, and Iraqi and non-Iraqi economic experts may be consulted to reach an optimal formula, in the interest of all Iraqi people in all its spectrums and components in Baghdad and the Kurdistan Region and in accordance with the constitutional framework of Iraq," noting that "the Kurds agree on the need to legislate the oil and gas law as soon as possible." He pointed out that "Baghdad also wants to legislate the law quickly, but it has many details that must be agreed upon, however, according to the political agreement of the State Administration Coalition, there must be legislation for the law, but the details need technical and specialized delegations to develop the touches of this important law, and it must be developed according to mechanisms that serve the Iraqi people and a formula agreed upon by the Kurdistan Region and Baghdad." But when we get to the technical issues, we see obstacles, as if we didn't agree."

• Upvote 3

Taif Sami reveals the reasons for refusing to send 400 billion dinars to the Kurdistan region

Baghdad - Nas   

Iraqi Finance Minister Taif Sami revealed the reasons for refusing to send the 400 billion dinars to the Kurdistan region, if she attributed it to the decisions of the Federal Supreme Court.  

According to an official letter sent by Finance Minister Taif Sami to the General Secretariat of the Iraqi Council of Ministers on December 19, 2022, which was seen by NAS, "the reasons for refusing to send the 400 billion dinars that the federal government had decided to send on December 13 came in accordance with Article 10 of the General Budget Law 2021, it was supposed to liquidate financial dues between the Kurdistan region and the federal government for the years between 2004 and 2020, but this step was not taken."  

According to the letter, "the other reason for not sending the 400 billion is the decisions of the Federal Supreme Court No. 59 of 2012 and 110 of 2019, which stressed the importance of financial liquidation between Erbil and Baghdad before any procedures."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/2/2023 at 1:23 PM, 6ly410 said:

Kurdish deputy to / NINA /: A political agreement to approve the oil and gas law during the coming period

1023953-040baf99-fe79-4131-91a5-cde1e8f5
Baghdad /NinaMP for the Kurdistan Democratic Party Sabah Sobhi confirmed the existence of a political agreement on the adoption of the oil and gas law during the coming period. He told the Iraqi National News Agency (The goal of the multiple visits of the Kurdish delegation to Baghdad and its multiple meetings with political partners is to zero the outstanding files, foremost of which is the first oil and gas law, which can be relied upon with some amendments and agreed upon within the political agreements that prepare the atmosphere for the coming period.

Okay. So they agreed to agree. Which is much better than agreeing to disagree.

Whew!

Now that's progress!

• Upvote 5