Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Video.. The speech of the President of the Republic during the handover ceremony of the presidency

yota691

Setting the date for the handover ceremony and handing over the presidency

1007667-27ab2725-acfe-4445-a689-4f79df62
Baghdad / NINA / - An informed source announced: "The ceremony of handing over the presidency between the former presidents, Barham Salih and the elected Abdul Latif Rashid, will take place tomorrow, Sunday."/ Ended 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

2022-10-14 15:59

Shafaq News/ An informed source revealed on Friday, the date of the presidential inauguration ceremony by the new Iraqi president.

The source told Shafak News Agency; The ceremony of handing over the presidency between former presidents Barham Salih and the current Abdel Latif Rashid will take place next Sunday.

The Iraqi Council of Representatives, in a session held yesterday, Thursday, elected Abdul Latif Rashid as President of the Republic, after a difficult period that lasted more than a year since the early legislative elections that took place in October of last year.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The Presidential Office announces two official pages for the elected President of the Republic

{Local: Al-Furat News} Today, Saturday, the opinion office announced two official pages for the President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Rashid.

And the presidential office confirmed, in a statement that {Euphrates News} received a copy of it, that: “The official personal accounts approved by the President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid, are only on Facebook and Twitter:

Facebook..Click here

Twitter..Click here

Video.. The speech of the President of the Republic during the handover ceremony of the presidency

Baghdad - people  

On Monday, President Abdellatif Rashid delivered a speech during his official assumption of the presidency.  

Rashid said in his speech, which was followed by "Nass" (October 17, 2022), "the previous stage was difficult for everyone... I thank the representatives of the Iraqi people for giving me their confidence... and I thank the supreme religious authority."  

He added, "We begin our work tasks and remember the wounded and martyrs of the armed forces of all kinds, and we hope to form a government as soon as possible."  

He continued, "I will do my best to protect the constitution and solve existing problems, and I will seek to establish strong relations with neighboring countries and the international community."  

And some pictures showed, on Monday morning, preparations for the ceremony of receiving and handing over the presidency of the Republic inside the Peace Palace in the capital, Baghdad.  

According to the media office of the President of the Republic, Abdel Latif Rashid, the latter will deliver a speech on this occasion at 11 am.    

me_ga.php?id=42545me_ga.php?id=42543me_ga.php?id=42542me_ga.php?id=42544

Photos: Preparations at the Peace Palace for the handover ceremony of the Presidency of the Republic

Baghdad - people  

Some pictures showed, this Monday morning, preparations for the handover ceremony between the former "Barham Salih" and Abdul Latif Rashid, the new elected president, inside the Peace Palace in the capital, Baghdad.  

According to the media office of the President of the Republic, Abdel Latif Rashid, the latter will deliver a speech on this occasion at 11 am.  

me_ga.php?id=42545me_ga.php?id=42543me_ga.php?id=42542me_ga.php?id=42544

News that Barham Salih did not attend the presidential handover ceremonies

Baghdad - people  

Sources indicated, on Monday, that the former President of the Republic, Barham Salih, did not attend the ceremony of handing over and receiving the Presidency of the Republic.  

Press sources present at the decrees told "Nass" (October 17, 2022), that "former President Barham Salih will not attend the ceremony, for which preparations began this morning, in the presence of high-ranking officials and diplomatic envoys," noting that "at the hour 11:00, Iraqi President Abdul Latif Rashid and Mrs. Shanaz Ibrahim Ahmed will start work from the Peace Palace.  

And the official "admin" of the presidency's news group published on the "WhatsApp" platform in the Kurdish language a message, yesterday, Sunday, to bid farewell to the participants and inform them of the decision to close the group and the completion of the tasks.  

Sources told "Nass" that "PUK President Bafel Talabani and his brother Qubad Talabani, an official in the secretariat of Jalal Talabani, will attend the ceremony of receiving the presidency by Abdul Latif Rashid," stressing also that "Barham Salih, the former president, will be absent."

Text of the President's speech after assuming his duties at the Peace Palace in Baghdad

Baghdad - people  

The media office of the President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid, published the speech the latter gave, during his inauguration ceremony, which took place inside the Peace Palace in the capital, Baghdad.  

The office said in a statement that "Nass" received a copy of it (October 17, 2022), that "in the presence of a high-ranking official, the President of the Republic begins his duties at the Peace Palace, where the ceremonies for the President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid, took place in Baghdad. His work as President of the Republic of Iraq.  

The ceremony, which was attended by former President Fuad Masum, First Lady Shanaz Ibrahim Ahmed, President of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan Bafel Talabani, First Deputy Speaker Mohsen Al-Mandalawi and Second Deputy Speaker Shakhwan Abdullah, in addition to a number of leaders and representatives of political blocs and parties, began playing. The national anthem was then inspected by the Presidential Guard.  

Then the President of the Republic delivered a speech to the audience, the text of which is as follows:  

"In the name of of Allah the Merciful  

At the outset, I welcome all of you and thank you for your presence and support, especially in the previous stage, which was difficult for everyone.  

I wish everyone success in the next phase of a strong, stable and reconciled Iraq.  

I extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to the representatives of the honorable Iraqi people in the House of Representatives who have given me their confidence to carry out the responsibility of the position of President of the Republic, as well as to the rational religious authority, leaders of the Iraqi political forces and everyone who worked for that.  

I commend the great role played by the authorities supervising the elections process and the security forces, which provided the appropriate conditions for the implementation of this constitutional entitlement.  

O sisters.. O brothers..  

As we embark on our work tasks, we first remember the sacrifices of the martyrs and wounded of the security forces with all their names and types, the popular crowd and the Peshmerga, and the pain and patience of their families. From building schools, roads, electricity, hospitals, and preserving water and other natural resources.  

I will exert all my efforts to bring the political forces closer and sponsor their dialogues in order to achieve this goal, and faithfully carry out my duties to protect the constitution and the sovereignty, unity and independence of Iraq and contribute to solving the existing problems, including the problems between the Kurdistan region and the central government under the roof of the constitution.  

On the one hand, I will also seek to focus on establishing strong and balanced relations between Iraq, neighboring countries and the international community for the sake of common interests.  

This speech is especially for this occasion, and before I start my work, and in the near future I will announce to the honorable Iraqi people my program of work in the presidency of the Republic of Iraq.  

Peace, mercy and blessings of God".  

The official inauguration ceremony of the President of the Republic, Abdellatif Rashid

{Politics: Al Furat News} The official inauguration ceremony of President Abdel Latif Rashid began today, Monday, at the Peace Palace.

The ceremony was held in the presence of the leaders of the parliamentary blocs in the House of Representatives, and Abdel Latif Rashid was handed over the presidency at the Peace Palace.

b10e210fcf2fe447a737438af5efffde.jpg

President of the Republic: I will do my best to protect the constitution and solve existing problems

{Politics: Al Furat News} The President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Rashid, pledged, today, Monday, to make every effort to protect the constitution and solve the existing problems.

Rashid said in a speech during the inauguration ceremony, "The previous stage was difficult for everyone, and I hope a strong, stable and reconciled Iraq in the next stage," extending his thanks to "the supreme religious authority and representatives of the Iraqi people for giving him confidence."

"We are proceeding with our work, remembering the wounded and martyrs of the armed forces of all kinds, and we hope to form a government as soon as possible," he added.

The President of the Republic declared, "I will do my best to protect the constitution and solve existing problems, and I seek to establish strong relations with neighboring countries and the international community."

In pictures.. The President of the Republic begins his duties at the Peace Palace

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 32

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 37

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 26

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 29

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 22

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 16

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 19

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 04

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 13

photo 2022 10 17 13 51 01

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 55

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 58

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 50

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 53

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 43

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 45

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 40

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 31

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 37

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 34

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 28

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 22

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 25

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 17

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 20

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 15

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 08

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 11

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 05

photo 2022 10 17 13 49 58

photo 2022 10 17 13 50 01

{Politics: Al-Furat News} A ceremony was held at Al-Salam Palace in Baghdad, today, Monday, October 17, 2022, for the President of the Republic, Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid, to assume his duties as President of the Republic of Iraq.

The ceremony, which was attended by former President Fuad Masum, First Lady Shanaz Ibrahim Ahmed, President of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan Bafel Talabani, First Deputy Speaker Mohsen Al-Mandalawi and Second Deputy Speaker Shakhwan Abdullah, in addition to a number of leaders and representatives of political blocs and parties, began playing. The National Anthem, then the President inspected the Presidential Guard.

• Upvote 1

The President of the Republic praises the role of the judiciary in achieving justice and equality among citizens

{Local: Al Furat News} President Abdel Latif Jamal Rashid praised, on Monday, the role of the judiciary in achieving justice and equality among citizens.

Follow.. 

• Upvote 1

A new step on the road to stability.. The Iraqi president officially begins his duties from the Peace Palace in Baghdad.. Abdul Latif Rashid confirms his country's endeavor to establish strong relations with neighboring countries.. He expresses his hope that the new government will be formed as soon as possible.. Photos
The new Iraqi President Abdul Latif Rashid

Ahmed Gomaa's books

Today, Monday, Iraqi President-elect Abdul Latif Rashid affirmed his country's efforts to establish strong relations with neighboring countries and the international community, expressing his hope that the new Iraqi government will be formed as soon as possible.

During his speech at the Peace Palace, on the occasion of his assumption of office, the Iraqi president indicated that "the previous stage was difficult for everyone," expressing his thanks to the representatives of the Iraqi people for giving me their confidence, and thanking the supreme religious authority in the country.

Last Thursday, the Iraqi parliament elected Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid as president of the republic, becoming the tenth president of the republic throughout the country's history.

Abdul Latif Rashid added: "We are carrying out our work tasks and remembering the wounded and martyrs of the armed forces of all kinds," adding, "I will do everything in my power to protect the constitution and solve existing problems ."

The elected Iraqi president pointed out that he will announce to the Iraqis his work program in the near future, noting that the previous stage was "difficult for everyone."

Iraqi President Abdul Latif RashidIraqi President Abdul Latif Rashid

Iraqi President Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid thanked the Iraqi parliament and all Iraqis for gaining confidence in his assumption of responsibility as president of Iraq, pledging to make all efforts to find a way out of Iraq's problems, and to strengthen his country's relations with neighboring countries and friendly countries.

The election of Abdul Latif Rashid as President of the Republic of Iraq came after counting the results of the vote for the position in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, in the session designated for that, which was a full quorum, and was attended by 277 deputies in the first round and in the second by 269 deputies .

The first stage of the voting took place, which resulted in Abdul Latif Rashid receiving 156 votes, compared to 99 for Barham Salih, 9 votes for Rebwar Orahman, and one vote for each of Thaer Ghanem, Mahdi Muhammad and Louay Abdul Sahib, while 10 papers were invalid .

In the second round, the number of voters in the voting reached 269 votes, where candidate Abdul Latif Rashid received 162 votes, compared to 99 votes for Barham Salih, while 8 votes were invalid. Thus, Abdul Latif Rashid became the tenth President of the Republic of Iraq in the history of Iraq.

President Abdul Latif Rashid arrives at the Peace Palace in BaghdadPresident Abdul Latif Rashid arrives at the Peace Palace in Baghdad

Biography of the elected Iraqi president

Abdul Latif Jamal Rashid was born on August 10, 1944 in the Sulaymaniyah Governorate in the Kurdistan Region .

His political career began in the sixties of the last century, when he joined the Kurdistan Democratic Party, became an active member of it, and then a leader in the Kurdish Student Association in Europe, and participated in the meetings and meetings for the formation of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, which emerged from the first party and joined it after its formation .

He was chosen to be the party’s delegate in Britain and its representative in a number of European countries. He had a prominent role in the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan since its founding. He attended the meetings and conferences of the opposition that overthrew the regime in Iraq in 2003. He was politically active in the conferences he attended and a leader in the Kurdistan Alliance. In Europe, to be elected after the formation of the Iraqi National Congress as a member of the Executive Council, and was elected to the leadership of the Iraqi National Congress in 1992 until the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime, and has a wide network of relations with various Iraqi parties, and has an active political presence after 2003.

He was a leading member of the INDICT Council from 1998 to 2003 alongside senior international government officials, and has a strong friendship relationship with the leaders of the Iraqi opposition abroad .

After 2003, he was chosen to be the Minister of Iraqi Water Resources, from 2003 until the end of 2010 .

After the end of his duties as Minister of Water Resources, the Iraqi government nominated him to occupy the position of Secretary-General of the United Nations FAO.

In 2010, he was appointed Senior Adviser to the President of the Republic of Iraq .

He worked at the University of Sulaymaniyah teaching technical subjects from 1969 to 1971, and worked with the consulting firm Sir William Halcrow and Associates Engineers from 1971 to 1979, and conducted research and field work related to the study, design and supervision of the irrigation and development project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the years 1976 to 1979 He also worked in Somalia in the northern pasture development project to conduct a survey and evaluation of the project, from 1979 until 1981 .

He served as the director of the International Food and Agriculture Organization project for Wadi Tuban, which is located in southern Yemen, funded by the World Bank and the Kuwait Fund, for the years 1981 and 1982, and he served as a resident engineer for the International Food and Agriculture Organization of the Jizan Valley Dam and the irrigation network in Saudi Arabia, and the project manager of the International Food and Agriculture Organization and a project The development of the Jizan Valley for the years 1983 and 1986 .

He received a scholarship from the Government of Iraq to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom, a scholarship from the Gulbenkian Foundation to obtain a master’s degree at the University of Manchester, and a grant from the Robert Annex Smith Foundation to obtain a Ph.D. from the same university.

Iraqi President-elect Abdul Latif RashidIraqi President-elect Abdul Latif Rashid

Abdul Latif Rashid, President of IraqAbdul Latif Rashid, President of Iraq

The inauguration ceremony of the new Iraqi presidentThe inauguration ceremony of the new Iraqi president

The Iraqi Prime Minister begins his duties

In the same context, the Iraqi Prime Minister-designate, Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, began his work in the government palace, to hold his meetings in preparation for presenting the members of the ministerial lineup to Parliament and gaining confidence.

The formation of the Iraqi government comes in a multi-sectarian and multi-ethnic country in which political life is based on endless negotiations between the dominant forces on the scene, which seem difficult, and the differences may return to the fore again .

The crisis and political tensions in Iraq escalated over a 12-month period following the early elections that were held last October, and during that period led to tensions and confrontations in the Iraqi street.

• Upvote 1

Source:

The President of the Republic, Abdel Latif Jamal Rashid, praised, today, Monday, the role of the judiciary in achieving justice and equality among citizens.

The media office of the President of the Republic said in a statement received by Alsumaria News, "The President of the Republic, Abdel Latif Jamal Rashid, received the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, Faiq Zaidan, who congratulated him on his assumption of the position of President of the Republic."
  • Upvote 1

New Iraqi President to establish strong regional, international relations

New Iraqi President to establish strong regional, international relations

The new Iraqi President Abdul Latif Rashid. Photo: AFP

Baghdad (IraqiNew.com) – The new Iraqi President, Abdul Latif Rashid, in a televised speech on taking office from his predecessor, Barham Salih, on Monday, stressed his determination to focus on establishing balanced relations between his country and neighboring countries.

Rashid expressed his hope to form the new government quickly, and stated that he will announce his program for the presidency soon.

Rashid also pledged to do his utmost to bring the political forces closer and sponsor their dialogues.

Rashid added that he will also work to protect the constitution and contribute to solving outstanding issues between Kurdistan region and the central government.

President Abdul Latif Rashid arrived earlier on Monday in Al-Salam Palace in Baghdad to take over his duties from former President Barham Salih.

Rashid was sworn in as President of Iraq last Thursday after being elected by the Iraqi Parliament, and assigned the Coordination Framework candidate, Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, to form the new government.

Rashid was elected President of the country with 162 votes against 99 votes for former President Barham Salih, and eight votes were invalid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3